Valla's Bequest, important break points, optimizations and more w/video!

That is correct. This is the case with 2H bow as well.

Just to make it clear for myself…

The OP is about how to achieve that extra attack Valla’s “might provide” given the right circumstances but more consistently with other weapon and off-hand combinations?

Is this correct?

In a nutshell, yes. :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes

Agreed, this should be Stickied ASAP!

1 Like

Haven’t seen anyone mention this (although I might have missed it). But some food for thought: it’s possible to hit the 3 FPT (3.75001 sheet APS) Strafe BP with Echoing Fury. That’s a whole divisor of 9, so it should work decently with GoD4 proc ICD.

If you have a 7 IAS Dawn worn with Echoing Fury in cube, you need 45% IAS to hit the 3 FPT Strafe BP. That would be a 20 IAS quiver, 10 IAS from paragon, 2 rolls on gear (e.g. gloves and one ring) and Enchantress.

Probably not the optimal setup since you need at least three attack speed rolls (weapon + two more slots). It will also be a bit inconsistent because you won’t have Echoing Fury stacked all the time. But it seems like it’s a viable option.

Side note: since when did Echoing Fury start giving additive gear IAS? It used to be a weird mechanic where it was additive with weapon base speed, e.g. Early PTR Mechanics / Feedback (Wizard) - #13 by sVr-21743 Anyway, I was just testing it and it’s definitely additive with gear IAS now instead of base weapon speed.

2 Likes

Sorry if this is redundant, but I just want to make sure I understand because this is confusing. :wink:

So what this post is saying is that if you dual wield, then use a Valla or Rocket Storm (or both), and if you don’t dual wield, tinker with your attack speed so it stays in the breakpoint?

1 Like

DW and 1h and quiver, but yes that is correct.

What is the breakpoint for the 9 FPA if you are using Fortress and Dawn ??

Do you have to put any Attack speed in any of your gears if you are using Fortress and Dawn ?

You can’t hit 9 FPA with dualwield - you will be at 7 FPA base.

18 IAS on gear is required for that. Dualwield adds 15 IAS for free and you’ll get 10 IAS via paragon - so 25.

You can reach the next BP (6 FPA - so every 6*2 frames a procc) with 34 IAS on gear. This would be one roll on a ring for instance (+6-7) and enchantress (+3).

Not saying that you should do this - find it out if that helps you and if you have the gear for an additional IAS roll.

Disclaimer: This is based on no IAS on weapons - which you shouldn’t have with dual wield anyways. Thread is kinda old though … I think there a newer threads here which would explain it better.

1 Like

So what is the best total AS to use Fortress and Dawn ? Considering u dont have any AS on the weapons , Do you put 1 max AS on Ring , or 2 max AS on ring and glove ?

You need one IAS and you have to use enchantress with IAS. gear 34 IAS
Depends on your gear. Some would say that it is not worth it to drop 20 AD for 7 IAS on a ring, but it is probably better overall. Dunno,.
May depend on playstyle. Try it, use the armory and find out what works for you.
I think it is a good choice without valla.

2 IAS rolls seem wasted.

Better setup would be 1hand + (awesome rolled) Cirri (30 IAS base). Dawn in cube. So you don’t have to rely on enchantress anymore. She is sometimes to far away, but usually she is in range. Enchantress buff relies on range,

You mean a better setup would be 2 hand and Awesome rolled Cirri (Dawn in cube) ?

I was lucky enuff to have a Primal Etrayu drop, so let me get this straight, if I use it I DONT put any paragon points into attack speed, correct? Thank you for all the info in this thread.

Correct. Quiver needs to be 19% AS or below as well.

1 Like

@DiEoxide tyvm my quiver is normal but has all the right stats and has 17% AS so im good to go.

No, I meant 1h + awesome cirri quiver should be better than dual wield. Not much so . This is really small min maxing. People on leaderboards usually run dual wield because they don’t have that perfect Cirri Quiver with a HA roll. But dual wield is not the best option, check your gear and find out what is best for you. 1H + perfect Cirri is better because of the HA roll.

2hands ares a different topic. With Bow you wanna have 19% IAS max on the quiver, with 2hand Xbow you must have 20% or you miss 1% for 9 FPA and have to fix it on another slot or rely on enchantress. 2hand xbow needs 37 gear IAS for FPA 9 - Bow 19 (20 would be to much - so drop paragon).

Speed pylons can be bad with 2H, as you lose the perfect 9 FPA BP.
Stopped using it because of that. Sucks. However with 2H Xbow, you will never run out of hatred, even without enemies. But IMO it feels not right and the stop for generator feels to take to long, IMO.

If I use Valla’s + Dawn, I don’t need to care about IAS at all, right? Unless I want to reach 2.5 APS

So does this mean that if your AS is above 1.67, then Vallas Bequest is of no use?

Use Echoing Fury to get the next breakpoint