🐉 Typhon's Veil Focused Feedback

They are currently working on a fix to the 4pc bonus, which, hopefully prevent hydra heads from dying so easily. we’ll see once ptr is updated.

that is a good idea to encourage non-channeling hydra build, yes, I think it is a viable solution. it would actually change a lot of things such as cubing aether walker for mobility and echoing fury for additional dmg(non-season of course) and I like it quite a lot!.

To make Tyhpon Veil more disticnt from LoD version. I agree with the folks who want to add Blizzard damage to the 6 pc set. And I had cool idea for Winter Flurry or another orb to add to it.

“For every active Hydra head your Blizzard damage is increased by 100%. And for every active second of Blizzard the attack speed of Hydra is increased by 1% and it’s damage by 10%. Maximum bonus is 25 seconds of active Blizzard time.”

That’s designed for normal mode. Because now you have to decide what do you want in your Items slots. My guess would be for the Lon version you would roll with channeling set up. But for Typhons Veil you would use this new item. You won’t be able to fiddle in Deathwish, ES, *Winter Flurry and Serpent Sparker.

I feel that duration of hydra is pretty useless as people will not stay at one place for long enough. Even if they do, they will just recast the hydra for a better position or new head. Increase the IAS of Hydra or increase the hydra attack range or casting hydra will increase your movement speed by 25% for 3 seconds is still a better choice than extending the duration of hydra.

As for the 6 pieces, it should increase the damage of other skill (not channelling) instead of hydra so the player can fight with their hydra instead of dropping Hydra and run around, and then rinse and repeat.

I thought that Blizzard said that they hate this kind of gameplay when they saw Marauder DH dropping turrets to kill and run around in the past, so why are they made the same gameplay that they hated for Wizard Hydra?

EDIT: Why do people use Arcane Torrent for LoD Hydra and Typhin Viel again? Is it because of the bug?

1 Like

25% damage reduction while channelling with Flame Ward rune.

Yah Blazing has always been the skippable one. But at least we’ll still have 3 solid options. Lightning will probably be best for speeds, Frost will be best for solo push or mid group, Mammoth will be used for LoD group push.

To illustrate how bad Blazing is, couldn’t clear a 110 with it, easily cleared 115-120 with Lightning and Frost.

Time to cube starfire during S20, along with zei stone and power hungry.

I think GR120-130 will be its limit, beyond which Mammoth is more desirable in all situations.

1 Like

Yep yep!

Yah that’s going to 100% depend on what changes come to the set, but ultimately I could still see LoN Mammoth being the end goal for highest push, and that’s fine so long as the others are viable, besides Blazing lol.

Wish the planner would update to PTR version already! But according to the math I’m doing I’m simulating frost hydra with the new set x new items at about 500T dps for 16k main stat… I mean I guess that makes sense since Bazooka was hitting for 20x that amount albeit one time.

They do have a planner for PTR. Please check. Click the one on top left “PTR version is available!”

I’ve added more description to the mechanics section of the OP to describe the runes better, perhaps this will answer your question. In general though, the firewalls can stack, pierce, and they cover a good bit of ground, whereas Blazing has smaller area of effect, and applies as a stacking DoT rather than a ground effect (that any enemy can step within). EDIT: overall damage is much higher for the firewall vs blazing so if the enemy stays put, it’s very worthwhile.

Oh shoot thank you! Must have just been today as I checked last night and nothing

1 Like

No, because you don’t get the full set bonus of additional damage from the 6 piece with Mammoth

True, my bad. Mammoth works with LoD only.
Someone here told me mammoth hydra stacks 5 times internally. In low mid GR you won’t have time for them to stack but in very high GR, the stack is better. Here’s the calculation:
Frost hydra: 255% x 10 heads = 2550% damage
Mammoth hydra: 330% x 5 times internal stacking x 2 hydras = 3300%
Given time and high GR, mammoth is better, but only for LoD. Don’t have that luxury with Typhon set though.

IMO, 6p bonus should change to 5000% per hydra. And remove the mechanism on 4p, while changing damage reduction to 30-40% per hydra (not head). Not too sure then how will 2p affect Mammoth though, maybe no effect, which is perfectly fine.

Okay there we go, I was close, pardon me 600T :stuck_out_tongue:
https:// ptr. d3planner. com/ 498224695

That’s too much, it does need to be raised though to be competitive with LoN Mammoths. 2,000% would definitely achieve this. Or you know my suggested 1500% could be perfect, just saying Blizzard :wink:

Why is that too much? The end bonus will still remain at 10000% though.

Oh sorry I see what you’re saying, I thought you meant per head. Honestly it needs to be higher than 10000% total, despite the 66% from 2 extra heads or it will always be behind LoN Mammoth.

The base bonus assumes all hydras are equal, which they definitely are not with Mammoth being the clear winner.

You know what would solve that without touching anything?
Blazing Hydra Venom Hydra, return of the king!

Here is my feedback:

You can’t, Wizard class doesn’t have poison element.

Which I think is a good thing. LoD is much harder to complete and therefore should reward more don’t you agree?

Channeling a useless torrent into the nearest bush to boost hydra damage feels silly while playing.
Also damage with a none-bugged channeling skill is quite underwhelming.

3 Likes