Wizard Skills Feedback

Teleport
Teleport really needs to be reworked!
Wizard is by far the class with the worst mobility!
It is really frustrating to permanently run after other classes, trying to catch them up and fail.
Aether Walker was created to compensate that, but can’t be used, as we would loose too much damage, when using Aether Walker.
One option would be to drastically reduce the cooldown.
Or rework the skill.

Here some suggestions for Teleport and Aether Walker :

Teleport:
Cost: 20 Arcane Power
Teleport through the ether to the selected location up to 50 yards away.

Runes:

Calamity:
Shoot several single arcane projectiles (Arcane Torrent) onto random enemies upon arrival, dealing 175% weapon damage as Arcane.
Enemies hit are stunned for 1 second.
This opens the rune for more builds and playstyles since you do not need to be in melee range anymore but can also be at distance.

Safe Passage:
For 6 seconds after you Teleport, you will take 25% less damage.

Fracture:
For 6 seconds after you Teleport, your movement speed will be increased by 66%.

Pur Power:
Teleport now only cost 10 Arcane Power.

Forbidden Forces:
For 6 seconds after you Teleport, your damage and attack speed are increased by 6%, each.

Aether Walker:
Teleport gains the effect of all runes.
For 6 seconds after you Teleport, your damage is increased by 250% - 325%

Mirror Images
Remove the push back of Mirror Images!
Summon 2 illusionary duplicates of yourself behind your target that periodically taunt nearby enemies and last for 7 seconds.
Spells cast by your Mirror Images will deal 10% of the damage of your own spells.
Mirror Images can not be killed.

Arcane Torrent needs a Cold Rune.
I suggest to change Death Blossom or Arcane Mines.

Magic Missile needs a Lightning Rune.
I suggest to change Arcane Blast or Seeker.

Arcane Orb Spark needs to be changed:
Launch a Lightning Orb that moves forward in your target direction that electrocutes enemies along its path in a wider area for 349% weapon damage as Lightnning, and increases the damage of the next Lightning spell you cast by 2% for every enemy hit up to a maximum of 15.

Disintegrate needs a Lightning Rune.

Wave of Force needs a Cold Rune.

Energy Twister
Raging Storm Rune is by far the best Rune. Therefore I think that all other Runes need to be buffed.
Storm Chaser Rune is pretty much useless, as we do not use Primary Skills.

Blizzard needs an Arcane Rune.

Familiar needs a Lightning Rune.

2 Likes

Teleport is indeed one of the worst movement skills in the game.

Teleport needs 2 charges on the base skill and have a recharge time of 8 seconds. That would bring it on par with Dashing Strike.

The wormhole rune could give it a third charge.

This is exactly how I always wanted this skill to work.

It is almost like you have copied that from me lol.

A sphere of lightning that travels forward in a line, which shoots several Chain Lightnings per second while it travels. And i would like to emphasize that this should be CHAIN Lightnings that each hit up to at least 3 targets, not just a single target hit per lightning.

And then it detonates in an AoE nova.

The sphere can even make slight zig-zag moves while it travels, just like the Piercing Orb rune for Charged Bolts.

The perfect rune for that would be Chaos Nexus since that one already shoots additional lasers that can be turned into lightnings.

===========================

The rest of your suggestions are also good imo.

2 Likes

I am really looking forward to all your opinions and suggestions.

I tend to disagree with charges… they would be better than what we have, but ideally I would want Teleport, Illusionist and the related items (AW, Oculus and Cosmic Strand) changed to this:

Teleport [Level 22] [defensive, active]

Costs: 30 Arcane Power
Teleport through the ether to the selected location up to 50 yards away. [micro cooldown reduced to 0.1s]

Safe Passage [Level 26]
For 5 seconds after you Teleport, you will take 25% less damage.

Wormhole [Level 31] [CHANGED]
Increases the Teleport range to 65 yards.

Phase Leap [Level 37] (replaces “Reversal” rune)
Reduces the cast duration by 50% and the arcane power costs to 20 Arcane Power.

Fracture [Level 43] [CHANGED]
Summon 2 “Mirror Images” after teleporting.

Calamity [Level 59] [CHANGED]
Cast a short range Wave of Force upon arrival, dealing 175% weapon damage to all nearby enemies and stunning them for 1 second. The elemental damage type depends on your weapon.

Illusionist [Level 29] [passive]

When you take more than 15% of your maximum Life in damage within 1 second, the cooldowns on Mirror Image and Slow Time are reset and your next Teleport will only consume 1 Arcane Power.

When you use Mirror Image, Slow Time, or Teleport, your movement speed is increased by 30% for 3 seconds.

Aetherwalker: [retroactive change]
Teleport gains the effect of every rune.
this item no longer drops

The Oculus: [retroactive change]
• Teleport cooldown primary affix removed
• old legendary power replaced by new one:
Teleport gains the Calamity rune and the stun duration is doubled. Enemies hit by the shockwave take 50% more damage from all sources for 5 seconds and each enemy hit increases the damage dealt by your Arcane Power spenders by 25% for 5 seconds. This damage increase is doubled if you hit less than 5 enemies.

Cosmic Strand [changed, not retroactively]
• old legendary power replaced by new one:
Black Hole gains the effect of every rune and deals 600% increased damage. If Black Hole hits three or less enemies, the skill deals 850-1000% more damage.

Now we are talking… :smiley:

That is way too powerful as a base skill.

I play builds like these (with Aether Walker) all the time (I do rarely play meta builds, but often just builds that can do T7 to T13 (depending on the build) and that rather slowly compared to speed farming build, just because there are literally 0 meta builds that I kinda really wanna play…

… and I basically have Teleport available all the time, almost like with Vault and the DH’s UE set.

For speed farming this might be nice, but as a base skill it is too op imo.

I mean we could say 3 charges, or 3 charges and a 10 AP cost, but imo your proposal goes too far.

However, I like these two ideas.

Maybe the cast time reduction of Phase Leap should (at least partially) be integrated into the base skill.

I think Teleport should have 3 charges and you get one every 5 to 7 seconds, kinda like in PoE.

Add a rune that makes it cost Arcane power. Maybe have that rune reduce the cooldown to 4 secs and have 5 charges, but they cost arcane power. Or no cooldown at all.

The issue is charges are limiting for speed builds. I want unrestricted Teleport like AW offers - but without having to use that eyesore of a band aid. It’s hard enough to keep Teleporting with the skill since it drains your Arcane Power if you use it continously. See, the reworked skill would consume even more AP than today and the Rush rune will not halve the costs but only reduce it to 66%. There is a natural limit to how much you can use the skill. Unless you use other items to reduce the cast cost significantly. If it’s too powerful, just increase the cast cost a little more and you would see results similar to charges.

Also remember that even my version would presumably still be nasty because the pathing issues willmost likely stay with us…

1 Like

Having them limited is the point of it, because with just resource costs, you can have almost unlimited of them in normal game play (well, not unlimited, but more than enough certainly).

Also keep in mind the recharge time would be just 8 seconds and not 11 seconds as it currently is.

That is what you have resource cost reduction, Prodigy, and Astral Presence for. And Reaper Wraps, etc. etc.
It is not hard to keep it up.

As I said, I regularly play builds that use Aether Walker and I have more than enough Teleport available, in fact, I have so much Teleport available that it almost in unreasonable…

Yeah, but then it also takes away too much from using your offensive skills.
If Teleport had charges (aka like a different resource), then it wouldn’t have this balancing issue.

Yeah, with that I agree.
The line of sight block is kinda annoying for Teleport. It makes the skill feel less teleporty.

Well I tend to actually move around by Teleport, those charges would simply bother me, even at 8 seconds. I want it powerful. I want good mobility for wizards. Let other classes have charge mechanics and wizards be different. I really like unrestricted Teleport with AW. My issue with that thing is that it gimps the damage way too much to use it in higher GRs and I’m forced to walk.

As mentioned I want that mobility in higher GRs and too much of those AP management measures are sure to gimp your damage output even more than low resources. Also, Prodigy? Please… who uses that trash passive?

Instead you need to manage the charges, and are sure to run out when you need to avoid something.

But I see we won’t agree on that part. Thing is, neither of us will likely get what they want. And that’s what makes me really sad about the whole thing :frowning:

1 Like

If it would be according to me, the mobility of all endgame builds in D4 would be noticeably reduced. Not while leveling and not necessarily in the midgame, but certainly in the endgame.

AP regenerates rather quickly (maybe not as quickly for a pushing build, though), especially with Astral Presence or the belt that gives you 10+ AP when you use a Primary Skill.

3 charges are fine imo, but I admit that in the end it is just a matter of personal taste.

I exchange it sometimes for Astral Presence, when I can perma spam my abilities, which kinda feels dumb imo.

Yes, you would have to manage the charges, but they wont compete with resource costs for offensive abilities.

Yeah, it boils down to personal taste…

I have now added suggestions for Teleport and Aether Walker in my first post.