Should Immunities be toned down?

Honestly having random monsters be immune to certain magics always felt like really bad game design and probalby the worst part of Diablo. In a lot of ways it limited soloing builds. Anyone feel that they should address it in some way?

If I had a say, I would lets monsters have increased resistances to certain magics and NEVER be immune. So 50-70% damage reduction depending on the beast itself.

18 Likes

No

This post must be 20 character.

41 Likes

I think immune should stay but become easier to break with gear that isn’t insane.

Set max resists to 100 and let gear lower it down whatever.

11 Likes

FYI: D2 was never supposed to be a game, that is easily beaten within a week. In D2 classic, you could not buy mana pots… that shows, that the devs wanted the player to be stuck at times and that chars are not intended to fly through monsters. You have to fight a bit to actually beat the game. And the fact, that some very dedicated players beat the game within a day (after beating it 1000s of times in the past) does not change this fact for normies.

12 Likes

Nope. Immunities doesn’t need to be nerfed. Besides, RNG contributes replayability.

15 Likes

Don’t care about immunities but stacks freeze is a real pain in the .ss.

You can break most immunities without any gear.
All you need is a Paladin and/or Necromancer on your party.

3 Likes

Why not deprive the player of the ability to wear armor then? Die on every white mob 10,000 races.
You have to fight a bit to actually beat the game. no? why?
This game is 20 years old, t-wenty. Many game solutions that worked then do not work now, they are outdated, in particular this one, because it limits the player’s choice.

4 Likes

A dedicated group of German players actually beat the game (including Uber Tristram) without wearing any items at all in hardcore mode.

1 Like

NO! No Change to Immunities

9 Likes

No, this is D2 and we want it all.

3 Likes

Monster Immunity is not a bad thing, It only makes the game even more challenging.
Let it stay as Diablo 2.

10 Likes

Just don’t build a character that relies on 1 element. That simple.

5 Likes

Idk what you are trying to say. No armour means weakening the player, not strengthening the mobs… totally different to immune mobs imo. I think, immune mobs are fine, because it is simple and challanging. And actually makes Hell harder than the other diffs on qualitative grounds, not only by tuning numbers.

As someone who played a Sorc all the time and constantly came across monsters immune to two out of three of my only sources of damage…

Leave them as they are. Sure, it was super annoying, but that was also part of the game.

7 Likes

Hell difficulty should be hard. If immunities are removed, then the game would be too easy. That’s what i like about it, that you have to make hybrid build or multiple chars with different builds, if you want to run in most areas.

8 Likes

People complaining about immunities…
Bahahahah
Wait till new d2 players find the Bone Fetishes muahahaha
Get cursed with iron maiden on a melee char or hit Willowisp with a conviction champion in their midst.

Fun times

11 Likes

They are annoying but it also makes you have to plan around those immunities, going dual element for example. Without it, it changes the entire balance of the game because then you can max into one tree. I think it’s not a huge problem as is.

1 Like

this isn’t a simple question
“should” they be? yes it would be more “fun” to not have COMPLETE immunties

but realistically there is no way to implement this, without breaking a million other things, so it really cant be touched

currently d2 immunties can only be broken by skills affecting the enemy itself, this means only conviction and lower resist. at over 100% aka when “breaking” immunties they function at 1/5th effectiveness
this means to “break” an immunity of 105 you need at least -25 resist on your “lower resist” curse or your “conviction” this puts a strict cap on what immunites can be broken.

after an immunity is broken your gear like facets will be able to kick in and lower it more

the problem with just “removing immunities” as nice as it would be to have.
is you cant just do it. as soon as u make resist go to 99 all your facts and - res gear function at full effectiveness… this means a cold sorc will go from have tons of immune mobs to having their cold mastery kick in on every monster that was previously immune.

its just not viable … it would completely screw up the balance of how -res gear works… and while yeah it would be “nice” to have… i cant see literally any way u could implement it without completely ruining something else which should not in any way be touched.

5 Likes

See a lot of posts about how it is annoying and unfun. How is that a good thing again?

Games evolve. Immunities were not a immersive way of dealing with difficulty

5 Likes