Immunities and why d2re should remaster them - Suggestion

Make pierce resistance on gear actually pierce resistance, problem solved.

That said I don’t think it should be changed and especially not for launch. Something I would be okay with is information availability, changing ‘immune’ to ‘120%’ resist would be handy.

You certainly should tho, the idea is to have an open conversation about the topic at hand and elaborate aspects that another, in this case me, might have missed. :slight_smile:

Regarding Geezer and Darkquake:

Makes a lot of sense in a way that there would be more work arounds.
My idea is based on the narrative tho that the game itself gave more leeway in singleplayer experience for not owning “mandatory” items.
I must admit tho, that I’m not entirely aware of how many items posses the “piece resistance” effect.
I’d still argue it should rather be a nice to have than must have.
I’m well aware that this entire idea is “purists kryptonite”, - however we are still yet in the process of identifying the thin spectrum between nostalgia, QoL changes, and if and how there are going to be further developments in a sense of “patching the game as if it was never remastered”.

A revisit such as resurrected is for sure opening Pandoras box for ideas like mine; with Blizzard being having the last say.

@Darkquake:
So you’d want immunity flagged in a different way and make it actually reductable from gear over an up-scaling system?
Technically our ideas could Co-exist.

So I’d ask why do we need to make it easier for solo players to do Hell?

At this point even… a Necy can solo all area’s of hell, but he’s slow. Even pimped out in all end gear, enigma, infinity on a might merc, with a full compliment of skellys, he’s relatively slower than a sorc.

Hell is a challenge, it’s not intended to be done easily by solo players. The immunities are there to force us to play with others if we are just getting into hell. If you are a seasoned player with all the best stuff the immunities are there to slow you down.

So again, why should be make Hell easier/more accessible? won’t people just ask for a harder difficulty in which there are more immunities? After that is in we will then have people ask for those immunities nerfed so they can do that area.

1 Like

I think resistatnce, immunitues and drop chances should not be touched at all. There is big risk of screw up things with changing that.

3 Likes

No, Immunities can be broken with skills, items, charged skills, etc. Learn the game. You have an off hand you can break immunities with a lower resist wand you can purchase from a vender.

1 Like

The guys who made this game weren’t hobby designers and actually knew how to make a good game. Glad you kept your day job.

1 Like

Many people are talking about Quality of life.
But removing monster immunity is the opposite of Quality of life.

2 Likes

There are so many different ways to deal with immune monsters that I really don’t get why this topic keeps popping up.

1. Every character can be skilled in a way that allows him to deal with immunes.

2. You can skip them.
    The only 3 immune mobs you need to kill to progress through the game are Vizier, Infector and Seis.

3. Your Merc can kill them.
    Just slap a high damage polearm and a crushing blow item on him and he can take care of smaller immune groups rather quick.

4. Play with other people.
    First and foremost D2 is meant to be a multiplayer game.

5. Use items and/or skills to pierce the immunity of many monsters.

6. Farm areas that don’t have mobs with immunity against your primary type of damage.

5 Likes

leave immunities alone! This why getting merc built up is rewarding, and why making creative builds more rewarding and not boring cookie cutter builds.
Hell is hell for reason not to be taken easy.

5 Likes

Did Zax just agree with Geezer about qbugging? Quick grab a hog, we’re havin bbq.

you say only a necro can solo all of hell? did you really say that?.

im pretty sure more classes can do it than those who cant.

I read only as a typo, I thought they meant ‘even’ a Necro, but that context doesn’t make sense either. Pretty sure every class can solo all parts of hell if they know what they’re doing.

yes I did mean even, but I was more thinking that the summoner can deliver all types of damage…But yes all classes can you just do it right.

1 Like

Yeah I was pretty sure u meant even that’s why I said nothing hahah… I’ve solo’d most of the game with most classes and had little issue. Thanks for clearing that up.

No, you can’t. This is so incredibly false. Takes a minimum of a level 10 lower resistance curse to break any immunity and if you’re not a necro, you can’t get that. At best, you can find a level 2 lower res wand or use Medusa’s gaze for the level 7 lower res, but it still isn’t enough on its own.

Stop spreading misinformation.

1 Like

Leave them as they are. Use a hybrid spec, build infinity, shop a LR charged wand, etc.

Here is how you break immunities. If said monster has more then 100% resistance it is considered Immune. Sometimes it goes so far as 150% normally for cold.

lower resist is -31 to -41 resistances which is level 1 to level 3.

Items with - to resistances

Griffons Eye -15 to -20 Light Resist
Mang Songs -7 to -15 Fire/Light/Cold Resist
Death’s Web -40 to -50 Poison Resist
Thunderstroke -15% Light Resist
Ravenlore -10 to -20 Fire Resist
Rainbow facet -3 to 5% Poison/Light/Fire/Cold
Trang Set # Items + Shield -25% Poison Resist

Runewords

Crescent Moon Runeword -35% Light Resist
Doom Runeword -40 to -60 % enemy cold resist
Hand of Justice Runeword -20% fire resist
Grief Runeword -20 to -25% Poison Resist
Ice Runeword -20% Cold Resist
Infinity Runeword -45 to -55 Light Resist Plus Conviction Aura
Obedience Runeword -25% Fire Resist
Phoenix Runeword -28% Fire Resist
Voice of Reason Runeword -24% Cold Resist

Edit: Removed Section I was definitely wrong, thank you guys for pointing it out. Conviction, Lower Resist, Amp Damage, and Decrepify all work at 1/5 aka 20% effectiveness. Also these are the only things capable of breaking immunities. Once broken the -resist gear can come into play from items but, not when a monster is immune.

1 Like

While I think it’s a solid idea, the more I think on my previous experience in D2, the less it appeals to me.

Being able to break those immunities was always a hurdle, a goalpost in the game that was worth shooting for. It made certain class builds viable in situations where they wouldn’t be viable if it was scaled, since every build could do what that one build did. It also encouraged teamwork. I felt like I was adding something to my group when I came in with a way to break immunity. Much like a support class, or a shout barb did.

I would definitely support actual numbers so I could know in game what I needed to break immunity instead of having to consult a wiki. If they changed the system, they would need to be real smart about it, and it would probably take allot of dev time…when they could just devote that dev time to d4 and make it a good game.

But I totally get the reason so many of these posts are cropping up. I can’t tell you how many times I said to myself, “Man, I wish X was in this game!” Or, “jeeze, why can’t X do Y instead of Z”. but looking back, I think this kind of stuff should really drive interest in new games, not necessarily change the appeal of old ones.

A perfect example is wow classic. I know of a few people personally (more on the forums) that initially thought they wouldn’t like all the limitations of the old game (no mounts until 40, older loot systems, etc), and ended up loving the game. And even those things that initially irritated them actually drove them to play more and enjoy it that much more when they hit those milestones. Oftentimes, a limitation in the game actually motivates people to strive for more, and when that is taken away, they lose drive and interest.

1 Like

Well no, not exactly as its not as it should be in files, its a bug so i am fot fixing a bug :slight_smile:

1 Like