Season 23 | The Disciples of Sanctuary | Has Ended

Update on July 18: Season 23 has officially ended. We’d like to give a big thanks to everyone and we look forward to seeing you for Season 24!

Update on July 2: Season 23 will be ending on July 18. See the following post for exact times for each region.

Update March 30th: Patch 2.7.0 is now LIVE!

Season 23 will begin on April 2, at 5PM (PDT/CEST/KST) shortly after our next Diablo III update. Read on to learn more about the Follower system revamp, leaderboard changes, and Legendary item changes coming in Patch 2.7.0. We are expecting this update to be released on March 30.

Update March 30th: Patch 2.7.0 is now LIVE!

View Full Article

15 Likes

So nothing really changed for the seasonal theme for S23? No 2nd theme for season 23 and the follower revamp is going to apply to seasonal and non-seasonal.

Like this, I guess I will just pick DH in S23 for the free UE set so I can finish the S23 Guardian as fast as possible.

7 Likes

I knew Firebird needed a nerf, but I’m shocked to see it nerfed in 3 ways. It’s even worse than the first version on the PTR.

49 Likes

Great news, thanks, Blizzard, it is not sarcasm to be clear!

1 Like

1 additional pierce for NCS (up from 3 to 4).

Well, I wasn’t really putting much faith in Blizz in bearing good news anyway.

2 Likes

It seems like you did a complete rebuild of Rathma… That wasn’t tested on PTR… What was the point of the time spent by the folks who tested, and provided feedback?

This has got to be the most confused set of patch notes I have ever seen.

14 Likes

So firebird wizard nerfed to the ground. It needed a nerf for sure. But this is way too much. Can you please atleast reconsider some of the changes and buff it a little bit? This nerf is just way too much

35 Likes

Did ya’ll need to nuke Firebirds into oblivion? What’s the point? Sure, it needed tweaking, but making it about 1/4th as powerful??

10 Likes

The Mirror Image version of firebird will still probably crush it.

Rathmas is dead, the little tweaks isn’t going to help it.

GoD is now a T-16 set.

Witch Doctor still got boned hard.

The Follower stuff is fantastic as it was in the PTR and Blackthorn’s replaces Swampland Waders, which is now completely useless.
:grimacing: :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Big changes to Necros and Wizards that were never tested… one extra pierce for DHs… radio silence on the WD matter. Hmm.

15 Likes

1/10 actually. 15 GR nerf.

5 Likes

Season 23 should be rethemed to be named as The Nerfs on Nephalems.

As mentioned before, the follower system revamp is the only thing they did right in patch 2.7.0.

9 Likes

An echo from last patch notes:

Next patch (2.7.1): 100+ legendary items updates for the greatest player satisfaction ever.

1 Like

I was looking forward to play Firebird in season 23 … this makes me very sad!

6 Likes

The blog says…

Season 23 will begin on April 2, at 5PM (PDT/CET/KST) shortly after our next Diablo III update.

At 01:00 UTC on Sunday, 28th March, Europe will begin to observe Daylight Savings Time.

• The UK will move from UTC to BST (British Summer Time).
  • Europe will move from CET (Central European Time to CEST (Central European Summer Time).

The intention is for seasons to start at 17:00 in the time-zone that the servers are hosted in.
For Europe, on 2nd April, this needs to be 17:00 CEST, not 17:00 CET.

What you’ve announced is this…

UTC BST (UTC+1) CET (UTC+1) CEST (UTC+2)
16:00 17:00 17:00 18:00

What it needs to be is this…

UTC BST (UTC+1) CET (UTC+1) CEST (UTC+2)
15:00 16:00 16:00 17:00

Please don’t start Season 23 an hour late in Europe by starting it at 17:00 CET (18:00 CEST).

—===[ EDIT ]===—

Addressed by FilthieRich in a subsequent post, thank you…

9 Likes