Season 21 - Trials of Tempests: Double Bounties

Hello everyone –

The trials this season brings upon a new event for the community. Starting from 11am PT today and through the end of Season 21, all bounties will be doubled. What does this exactly entail? All Horadric Caches earned from bounties will be doubled. This means that each time you complete bounties in an Act, you will now receive two Horadric Caches as opposed to just one. Double the bounty rewards!

There are a few things to keep in mind with this effect:

• The bonus cache does benefit from difficulty level; it is essentially as though you completed twice the bounties.
  • The rewards inside the Horadric Caches are otherwise unaffected; drop rates or the amount of individual rewards have not been altered.

The bonus cache earned from Challenge Rifts is not affected; this is a separate type of cache.

Check out our Game Guide for a list of bounty-exclusive Legendary items and more information on the Bounty system.

On top of this, we would like to note that we plan on extending PTR testing timelines prior to each new season going forward. This will result in a slightly extended season, and will allow for 2 weeks of PTR testing for the community along with an additional week for the team to implement and work feedback/changes in before the season begins. The intention here is to make sure we can apply as much feedback as possible from the community during these PTR timelines while also giving us a good amount of time to test these changes before they go live.

Thanks again. Happy slaying!

63 Likes

Like season play was not far ahead of non season play already. Not something that will bring me back to game.

16 Likes

Excellent! Time to churn out those bounties and min/max :slight_smile:

6 Likes

alternatively a 1.5x drop bonus in GR would have a greater incentive to get me back online.

12 Likes

Thanks for the update, FilthieRich!

Is the team hoping to have the new PTR up in the next week or two, or are we still further out on the timeline?

2 Likes

Does this include non-season bounties, or is only seasonal bounties getting this event?

19 Likes

Double bounties is a nice addition. :+1:

The extended timetable for the PTR is a good thing, especially if the next patch is going to have significant amount of balance updates.

7 Likes

Does this event apply for Non Season too?

5 Likes

that’s the point, reasons to get people into season and in the game.

Oh well guess I miss out on this one then :frowning:

So don’t comment and move along your merry way.

6 Likes

Why not comment? I think they need feedback on this.

I am not going to play seasons. Period.

I would not even notice this if I did not get notification from one discord server I am on.

8 Likes

Is this only for US? What about EU and other regions?

Well done Blizz. Keep up the good work. With everything that’s going on it’s nice to get thrown a freebie.

MU

3 Likes

I like this.
This is definitely a good thing!
ty

2 Likes

Sounds good.
:confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Worried that bounties become the “right” way to play the game, but I suppose the limits on forgotten souls will come into play.

1 Like

I’m so excited I feel like my Bachelor pad just got a free jacuzzi upgrade and I can’t wait to dive in! Ok maybe not quite that exciting but I am excited! Thanks Blizzard! :wink:

3 Likes

Its not active on console?..