PTR Vendor - Please let him sell crafting recipes

So, a few PTRs ago, the Bag of Fortune was changed to include huge amounts of crafting / bounty materials. That’s super.

However, even though I’ve now got over 10K of each bounty material, and the white / blue / yellow / souls / DBs are all over 100K each, I’m still stuck for the build I’m trying to get the gear for because I still haven’t gotten the crafting recipe for the Captain Crimson set.

This means that despite having thousands of materials, I’m still stuck running bounties until that recipe drops, which is a massive waste of testing time. Please consider adding a new cache type to the vendor that includes all of the blacksmith / jeweller recipes, or add these to the Bag of Fortune.

14 Likes

If you are NA server, add me.

I have many many friends in non season who give away free bounties. Many many of them. In them you are sure to get any crafting plans. After getting the plans, copy to ptr and you will have no more issues.

But there is a criterial. You must be an active player who at least have 1000 paragons in seasons or 3000 paragons in non season.

They do not like people who only play PTR and not play the game.

I definetly agree. I thought the same thing. In fact i`m just going without crimsons to much time spent doing bounties which i dislike doing.

So he is talking about for seasonal play first of all, so your “idea” is useless.

Also… LOL you have some absurd paragon requirements for getting plans from bounties, anyone that meets those already has all the plans. So again your “idea” is useless.

1 Like

@Fuzzy, aint me. Its those giving away free bounties on Live Servers.

I got captains off of the first green goblin I killed. Then I didn’t get aughild until the very last plan. It’s all RNG. :wink:

All crafting sets should be in the Bag of Fortune for the blacksmith and jeweller.

I already have access to all the plans on live servers. However, when a “PTR Copy” is performed all of your live seasonal and non-seasonal heroes end up as non-seasonal on the PTR as the current season has ended there. The reason I’m asking for one of the caches to contain crafting recipes is for brand new seasonal heroes on the PTR, with the same reasoning behind giving us lots of bounty materials in the Bag of Fortune, i.e. so that we’re not wasting valuable testing time running bounties just to get recipes to craft the gear we need to test with.

2 Likes

Bumping for importance. We need this.

4 Likes

Still asking for the PTR vendor to sell a cache with all the blacksmith / jeweller crafting recipes in it. I’d much rather spend PTR time testing builds (some of which need crafted set items) than running around doing Bounties to get the recipes in order to facilitate that testing. Lots of builds will want Captain Crimson or Aughild’s pieces. Stop making us do pointless Bounties so we can test what we actually want to test.

1 Like

Agreed.

Also, it’d be nice to have a follower cache as well. Be nice to have followers and recipes done so we’re not wasting time on that stuff.

Also nice would be that weapon pack drops all the weapon’s for class or something better - PTR special chat commands for leveling and spawn items

Id settle for people playing public bounties. Went to get plans yesterday. 0 playing, lol. Took like 8 runs, blah.

The only people on PTR doing Bounties are those that need recipes because the PTR Bag of Fortune means they don’t need to be doing them to get the materials and they’re more likely to just run Ancient Vaults, because they can have Odious Collectors in them which drop recipes. The result is that Bounties are, as you discovered, pretty much a ghost town.

I had that problem today on the PTR, wanted to use Crimsons then realized I didn’t have the recipe so ive been farming bounties today and STILL hasn’t dropped. -.-

I’m not sure if it’s really faster but I run the Vault for plans and patterns, in addition to the gems and gold. Quite often, I encounter the Odious Collector goblin who drops the recipes.

Because we get unlimited crafting mats, I harvest Puzzle rings. It’s fairly quick to make 60 yellow rings in one go, then transmute them in the cube to legendaries. I commonly get 3 to 4 Puzzle rings in one batch, sometimes more. The ‘leftovers’ are rapid-fire sold to a vendor to clear the inventory. Salvaging them is too slow, even if you use the mouse/Enter key method. Alternately, you could dump them on the ground.

Then, I do speed runs of the top area of the vault. Once the goblins are killed, I skip the rest of the run completely and make a new game. Rinse and repeat as needed.

Just an additional thought; it’s also possible to quick upgrade the Puzzle rings to Ancient if you’re after some gold. You can do this with the cube right after you make the Puzzle rings.

If you play HC, it’s much safer too.

I’ve also been running Ancient Vaults because the standard mobs in Vault are replaced by goblins in Ancient Vault, but the Odious Collectors still haven’t dropped the Aughild’s pattern yet.

None of this addresses the underlying issue which is that the PTR is for us to test builds / new items. The more time we have to spend getting the recipes for crafted items needed to test those builds the less time we have to test the builds.

If Blizzard gave us the recipes up-front in a cache, they’d get more testing results which is, presumably, why they want us on the PTR.

I honestly thought this had already been implemented so I was obviously a bit surprised when the PTR opened and I made a seasonal character only to discover that I’d still have to do bounties if wanted to get the recipes.

I’d also extend this to imperial gems too. Since salvaging ethereals can yield GR keys, people aren’t doing much regular rifts either. That means a shortage of imperial gems which makes enchanting jewelry a bit of a pain.

1 Like

Yes, that’s also been requested as far back as October 2020…

Tried that and while I finally got my plans after like my 10th ancient vault it was quite annoying to deal with in the first place.