Please add bag of gems to bloodshard vendor

On the PTR, I find that non legendary gems are the most scarce resource. This is frustrating, because there is neither time (usually) nor means to collect enough.

Though I can’t say for sure, I believe the increased legendary drop rate actually decreases the normal gem drop rate, by often replacing them with legendaries.

Please add a big bag of gems to the funny looking bloodshard vendor. Bag should contain mostly imperial gems (needed for rerolling jewelry enchants!), but having some flawless royals also wouldn’t hurt either. Feel free to remove the oncolor flawless royal from the bag of fortune.

5 Likes

just buy bag of fortune over and over then use the cube so change the emeralds to whatever gem you need

You can’t use those gems to reroll enchants on jewelry.

4 Likes

Easiest way is to make ancient puzzle rings then use Broken Crown in the ancient vault. Within an hour or two you will have all the gems you need for rerolls. That being said, gems from vendor would make things easier.

1 Like

I can’t believe I’m reading this, wait they give you almost everything to start. Now you want them to add even more stuff in the bags. How about doing a little work.

I started a new character and did the season journey too. By level 40 or 50 I had everything in the cube. Come on they give you everything but gems. Now you want to make it where it is even easier.

Like somebody said use the cube. You can re-roll everything in the cube to get what you want.

The only thing I would like from the PTR is make it leveling a new character. Start from “0” to “70” easier in a season like we have in the PTR. That is at the start of a new season.

lol

gems? relol
on ptr i had so many gems cuz drop is so big that last days i didnt loot gems from floor to go faster!!

just farming keys u will have more than enought to reroll rings and amus , and u need very few to reroll cuz u always get max stat on amu cuz u can free cube till u get and primal ring/amu then u dont need much gems

They changed the Bag of Fortune to give crafting / bounty materials precisely because it made no sense for people to be running endless bounties to be able to test builds on the PTR.

I asked for the jeweller / blacksmith plans to be added to the bag for the same reason, i.e. people shouldn’t be having to run bounties to get the Captain Crimson plans instead of testing a build with Captain Crimson items in it.

The request for marquise gems are for the same reason, i.e. so you can re-roll stuff at the mystic (or craft some rings that you might want to turn into Puzzles) without spending time looting a few at a time.

This all comes down to the simple fact that Blizzard want us to test the new gear / builds for them. Being prevented from doing so due to lack of gems, plans or crafting materials means we spend more time obtaining those than testing what they want us to test.

It’s the PTR, not live.
What’s the problem with giving people stuff they need to test with?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be opposed to adding Marquis and Imperial Gems to the Bag of Fortune for enchanting purposes.

But, food for thought:

• Marquis Gems don’t begin dropping until Level 60 or 61.
  • Imperial Gems don’t begin dropping, on a regular basis, until Torment I.
  • The only items that need Gems for enchanting are Amulets and Rings.

In PTR:

• The only reason to run Bounties is for Plans (Blacksmith) and Designs (Jeweler).
  • After you have all the Plans and Designs, you only need to focus on Rifts for Blood Shards.

Instead of enchanting items, I just buy more PTR Bags until I get better items. The only exceptions would be if I happened to be lucky enough to get a Primal item that needs one Property change. And even then, I wouldn’t need Gems unless it was a piece of Jewelry.

On both SC and HC I ran one set bounties and got everything I needed. On the gems I got a couple of puzzle rings and re-roll them to ancient then got all the gems I needed.

I didn’t know that I thought it was Live. LOL Come on been here from day 1 and 3 accounts. You talk to US like we are stupid and know nothing.

To test what most of the people I have played with. They are not testing anything just running with characters that have nothing to do with this PTR.

Here is a point lets just give everybody Primals and start at level 70. That way you don’t have to do any work getting to level 70.

I have played with people on this PTR that are over 2500 & 3000 on paragon what are they testing. Plus that was before the server shutdown for those couple of days.

Plus the only reason I ran the PTR was because of the Cube and the 4th slot. I want to see how it work out.

They give you everything you need from the bags now. If people can’t figure it out how to use that stuff. Like my GF always says that is really SAD.

I didn’t get the Captain Crimson plans until my fourth set of split bounties, i.e. 16th-20th caches. That’s time I could have been testing my build instead of looking for the recipe that allowed me to test it.

1 Like

For the PTR, we are specifically asked to test different builds. Anything that impedes getting that build in place within the 1 to 2 weeks of the PTR should be provided.

Rerolling stats on jewelry requires Imperial gems. These are scarce on the PTR. So it’s logical for Blizz to provide them directly, given that it’s a test environment.

You’re just a troll.

1 Like