PTR Starts 2/6 and additional Thoughts

I wonder if some underused skills like mirror image can distract mobs long enough for the hydras to do their job. Depending on the gift next season I might try a Wizard.

Those two things don’t really seem to go together. You also listed 9 Cube buffs. You seem to have misread the patch notes.

4 Likes

I’m pretty old for a gamer type so I see the amulets as an insurance policy on much reduced think fast skills - alas they have eroded. There is a point that being immune to most damage still isn’t good enough because damage output will suffer. This 4 amulet build will probably have a GR limit well below top builds. But you won’t have to go fishing much.

read the patch notes and try again.

Ouch that hurts took me a long time to do enough
bounties to to get a primal barber. if I remember it was 2500 bounty mats.
Now need a new one. :grimacing: :thinking: :sleepy: :frowning_face: :tired_face: :rage:

Pretty sure this theme will make most the necro sets better. cdr,
damage red, and more damage.

I like the Seasonal buff, chance to switch up on gears/builds that I wanna try for a long time. I wanna say that it’s interesting enough for me to wanna try Seasons for the first time in my life.

I think, especially for MS DH, the 3 buff flexibility is probably not worth it as weapon and ring as mandatory buffs…

the barb set is unfun and just bad.
wizz is a cool idea but maybe not strong enough
wd is completly broken and i like it :smiley:
no other class / set balance in this patch?!

Fair enough. The environmental effects help keep me engaged. My first thought was, why not both? :slight_smile:

It’s more that Phantasm (specifically) is treated as a pet, which wasn’t really ever intended, but also isn’t something we intend to change. As always, we’ll keep an eye on odd interactions and make changes if something goes bananas. :slight_smile:

:upside_down_face: More than a little accurate. I generally find that people are very vocal about necessary nerfs until they’re relevant to the class they play the most. Funny, that.

(Not everyone, of course, but there’s certainly a trend.)

We’ve been pretty vocal about intending to do something about Bazooka for a while now. It will kill some playstyles that a fair amount of the community seems to agree is unhealthy for the game and doesn’t feel great to play.

If it leaves Wizards so far behind they need more help, well, then we’ll give them more help. We want everyone to have play styles that are strong and fun, but don’t require debatable use of game mechanics to accomplish.

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s bad to kill Bazooka, I don’t like the idea of ​​being forced to use macros. But I wonder what the classic Star Pact will be like, he shouldn’t be killed either.
Wouldn’t it be better to just remove the interaction between Fazula’s / Swami and Grand Vizier / Deathwish / Etched Sigil / Nilfur’s Boast ?

fixing bazooka is one thing, but breaking ALL starpact builds was stupid, overkill and just plain lazy. they could have simply fixed the archon bug that made bazooka work

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is a significant issue with all the OTHER builds that utilize DW/ES. It should really be nerfed another way; mainly Archon up’ing only Archon damage. Bazooka needed to die, but I think you took DW/ES out in the crossfire.

You’re aware that this change negatively affects just about all wizard channeling builds that make use of death wish and etched sigil, even those that don’t make use of the starpact meteor skill?

The only playstyle people consider unhealthy is specifically bazooka wiz aka starpact+archon wiz. You’re change effectively kills most normal wizard builds. Think of something else to fix bazooka, like actually fixing the problem.

1 Like

As I and others have said before, Bazooka is not the fundamental problem. Starpact is. If they only disable bazooka, we will still have LoD star pact, which still dominates trash kill meta. Starpact is ultimately what prevents other classes or builds from being competitive for group meta. The interaction is unintended and is miles ahead of all other trash clear builds.

1 Like

wow are you out in left field, the dmg comes from the archon. regular starpact has no where near the damage, but the nerfs to DW/ES still effect non starpact builds like this new coming set. point here is not wether starpact or bazooka is OP, but the fact this change to DW/ES breaks too much and they need to find a different way to combat it

Agreed. The change to DW/ES/Mantle of Channeling nerfs builds that are neither Starpact nor Bazooka. They need to find a different solution.

i m just gonna slide in here and ask maybe some damage items for blizzard skill snow clash belt and winter flurry are prime items and i d be happy with an actual blizzard items i could build a lon around