PTR Starts 2/6 and additional Thoughts

You’re probably wrong here. They don’t buff them in the ptr doesn’t mean they wont buff them in live. It just that some simple number changes aren’t their focus and they want the comunity to test the new contents like new sets or more impactful changes like the animation cancel removal.
@Nevalitist as mentioned in another post, may be set the ptr’s paragon to 5000 and no exp gained post lvl 70 if it’s your goal of ballance. That’ll simplify the data gathering and analysist a lot and make them more accurate, and may make the account transfer less necessary so it will attract more people to ptr.

Next season its 95% of top 100 leaderboards for each class using the same build again. No diversity of builds cause they like to keep 1 build shine above the rest. No love for DH multishot or Monk Inna/SWK WoL/LTK, or Firebird Wiz and other weaker builds that cant participate in DPS role in a 4 man group at high GRs. So tired of nothing being done about this.

1 Like

I’m afraid you’re going to be disappointed for the remainder of D3’s life then. The very nature of the infinite scalar mechanism they use for greater rifts (even if they do have a cap imposed for technical reasons) means that not every build can shine, at least at the top of the pyramid.

And that’s exactly the type of system that is in place - a pyramid. Near the bottom where GRs start and Torment levels are still relevant, most builds work very well. But as you climb those greater rift levels, like the pyramid itself, fewer builds will work, until finally you’re at the apex and only a handful work to reach the top. Any game that uses a similar system will see similar results.

Regarding the Mantle of Channeling change: can we get further input on this? This negatively affects pretty much every build outside of the ones you wanted to deal with. There are a lot of times where we can’t stand still for 2+ seconds (required to get the effect and have it actually do something meaningful). Is there not a better way you can go about this? This feels like taking a wrecking ball to something that requires a scalpel to deal with.

2 Likes

I could care less about balance, I play for fun. Im more interested if they can top Rrog theme and Panda theme. You know thing that keep you playing :slight_smile: :smile:

They could fix that without going overboard, Make more lod builds by making legacy of nightmare rings(invisable set bonus like a lot of stats) a reg/leg stacking it with lod. I may not be end game, meta always is, but it would give the game some fresh air. Setting aside those that like to bot/exploit. lol nuke them all.

Personally, I’m really looking forward to this season. However, the new wizard set is very concerning. If you lose a hydra head each time you take damage, a big group of monsters will completely negate the toughness buff that the 4 piece bonus offers. Also, assuming that a dead hydra head no longer attacks, it will also negate the 6 piece bonus and leave you dealing no damage.

GR pushing will not be an option for this set as it is right now.

So I came up with 350 mana regen for wd set so 6 pc should come out to 17.5 k damage?
If you can get it on items more than wep and offhand it will be more.

Cratic has a post on the Wizard sub-forum that may be of interest to you.

I imagine the set would use Enforcer gem, no? That should be enough to keep the heads alive. Hydras count as pets, do they not?

It’s not a matter of keeping them alive or not. When the wizard takes 1 point of damage your hydras lose a head every time.
Take 10 hits at even 1 damage each within 1 second will kill your hydras even if you have a bajillion toughness unless there is an ICD

1 Like

Did we just witness a sacrifice? Welp that escalated :skull:
Maybe he’ll be back in time if DH gets buffs for PTR 2.69 till then Rip

This must be the case or any effects would instantly kill all hydra heads. I still think it’s going to be a bad mechanic that will probably just ultimately get removed and the DR lowered to 6% per head. I appreciate new creative ways of doing things, but this just seems too limiting. We’ll see.

Also wonder if this means just the extra heads or all heads? It would be even worse if it’s all heads and you could actually lose all dps on something that’s suppose to be auto damage which would be insane that it could in some situations lose damage compared to other 6pc.

Certainly needs our testing and feedback.

As for the seasonal theme, honestly you’d probably need 9 cube slots to even come close to the power of S19. I can see the clears being substantially lower with this season theme. If that’s what they’re going for then cool but kinda contradicts them wanting seasonal themes to be very powerful and not caring so much about class balance of them.

This theme is very very tame compared to last.

you can easily reach 1000+ manaregen btw

No, you can’t…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/the-new-wd-set-coming-next-week/11828/17?u=mortred-22918

Read my post above… did a test, haunt rune doesn’t work for every affected enemy.
If this won’t get changed…potential is very limited, maybe capped to like 600-700, but only because of the passive and not cause of haunt spam, even with creeping death for sure…

If rune for haunt doesn’t get fixed and the Voodoo isn’t permanently active… weird on arrival.

In order you want the Voodoo be permanently actvive (the mana regen, not the 4pc toughness bonus), you need to have passives with very high CDR or starmetal+passive/belt.

Damage boost of set+items are very good, no doubt on that, but the fact, that haunt doesn’t significantly increase your damage breaks it’s potential instantly!

As for now…my hype is lowered a bit, didn’t have in mind, that haunt rune is limited…

@Nevalistis
Maybe a bug? Is this intentional? Will it get changed?

Baskenator in another post said he got it up to 1200 on Live server btw.

2 Likes

GREAT SETS IMO. but the seasonal buff is overpowered 150 solos for everyone now

Totally forgot that one passive " Vision Quest ". TY Aspirine :ok_hand:

But than…it would fit my thoughts aswell and numbers seem to be right…but still, doesn’t explain why Haunt rune would work, but i guess, if it would work, it would be too op.

So… 1200 mp/s, this set will shred averything if you have an active Voodoo.
Don’T even need half of that too shred everything xD

New Class Set: Mundunugu’s Regalia

• 2-Piece Bonus: Big Bad Voodoo now follows you and lasts twice as long.

please Devs give us this bonus as a legendary affix (shoulders), and of course I have something to offer instead…

New Class Set: Mundunugu’s Regalia

• 2-Piece Bonus: Spirit Walk gains the effect of every rune.

and

4-Piece Bonus: Gain 50% damage reduction for 30 seconds when you enter the Spirit Realm.

maybe better “Gain 50% damage reduction for 30 seconds when you come from the Spirit Realm.”

and

6-Piece Bonus: Spirit Barrage deals increased damage equal to 50 times your Mana Regeneration per Second.

I’m not sure about this bonus Devs, but I’m sure you should add Sacrifice to this bonus with big dmg buff! and ofc buff some legs for Sacrifice

Homunculus - A Zombie Dog is automatically summoned to your side every 1 seconds and Sacrifice damage is increased by ???%.

Anessazi Edge - Zombie Dogs stuns enemies around them for 1.5 seconds when summoned and Sacrifice damage is increased by ???%.

1 Like

how does it takes 2 yrs to address a broken mechanic? or is it just people complaining because their own personal fav class isn’t important in any 4 man meta? you guys have been messing with so many buffs and nerfs, overpowering one thing and underpowering another for so long, how does this ever balance anything? i honestly dont get it. You guys have ruined so many fun builds. it’s taken so much longer to decide which classes need more power than it is for you to just knock something down.

diablo to it’s core is a numbers game. fix the numbers or fix how star pact triggers when you push the button. this new 1 sec delay is now bleeding into other classes because of 1 stupid build.

4 Likes