Phantasm tick rate mechanics

Was reading through this guide:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/6egxrm/an_indepth_analysis_and_guide_on_lon_spirit/

The first accumulated tick occurs on Frame 0 of its lifetime. It ticks every 30 Frames (0.5 Seconds). This value is static and cannot be increased nor decreased.

This means if you’re spamming Phantasms, more attack speed isn’t necessarily good for you. If you have 31 frames per attack, your Phantasms will tick 4 times. If you drop to 30 frames per attack, they’ll only tick 3 times.

I didn’t follow this part of the guide, but supposedly it’s sometimes worth delaying your phantasms, and sometimes worth spamming them as fast as possible, depending on how close you are to the breakpoints in question.

Since the build runs Pain Enhancer, your attack speed varies as you go through the rift, so it’s impossible to target a particular breakpoint with your gear.

The guide is two years old, so hopefully these mechanics have been changed, but if not, I would suggest making Phantasms do a final tick as they despawn that deals reduced damage based on how long it’s been since the last tick.

I am interested in

also increases the attack rate from Manitou spectres.

Will the Manitou scale with TnT or just player attack speed?

Also since there is no benefit to spamming SB with Manitou, it seems counter intuitive to use it while wielding The Barber.

Recent Blue post confirmed that even though Manitou is a spectre, it’s bugged and receives the pet tag, and Blizz has no plans to change it for S20. That means TNT and MOJ are bis for Manitou.

Phantasms, however, do not receive the pet tag.

And yes, I do believe the Barber will not be a part of the new SB set play style. Probably juicer or harvester will end up being BIS. I believe we will be putting out Phantasms to max as/damage off the new leg buff on Manitou and Manitou will do the work. And it’ll be a hell of a boss killer at potential 35,000% or more multiplier.

People say ROE doesn’t fit in this build but it’s basically cast SB 3 times and then wait for screen to die, leaving lots of time to weave Haunt/Locust getting to 900+ m/s in intervals.

I’m loving how dynamic this set appears on the surface and it’s overall potential, nothing like the LON SB.

I think you might have that backwards:

It seems I do, wrote that fairly late and didn’t double check… My point, for the most part, still stands.

I read that guide too, but it doesn’t answer my question on this.

How much attack speed or aps do we need to get 3 ticks out of Phantasm when channeling?
2.26-2.38?