Please put on our feet

This is not a veterans vs. newcomers debate.

It’s a purists vs. changes debate.

I’m a veteran D2 player.

I welcome some changes.

Many of us veterans want changes. Please stop speaking for all veteran D2 players. We are not all purists who want an untouched remaster.

I played D2 through the 2000s, 2010s and now 2020s. Great game. Been there, done that. Add something new to it. As a veteran, I look forward to some changes.

3 Likes

Along with some other changes. Let’s not pretend Blizz only updated graphics and servers.

Playing nonetheless… suddenly it’s unplayable.

You’re one to talk about going in one ear and out the other. Any time someone suggests ploot you flat out tell them “If you don’t like it, go back to Diablo 3”… sounds pretty demanding to me.

This was Boutus early on. Accepting of wise changes to the game, willing to talk and listen, replies with an open mind. Only recently has he become the troll he is today.

:+1:
Indeed. Lots of the people discussing changes are D2 veterans.

He has created a fantasy of wishful thinking. If he repeats his mantra enough, maybe it will be real!

1 Like

This is Boutus saying he’s down for new rune words… suddenly, he’s a purist that demands no more changes

Of course, the minor (appreciated) qol are always there. Theyre not necessary for the resurrection, however - it’s really just the graphics and network restoration that constitute the resurrection.

Do you consider ladder stuff now available in non-ladder QoL?

1 Like

Or changing the playing field to be 19:9 instead of 12:9 that’s a minor qol change in a point and click arpg right?

1 Like

The mere fact of you knowing that I’m not a native speaker shows that I have a lot of room for improvement. I find myself too many times guessing how to reword a sentence in order to avoid using a preposition, or re-reading posts I’ve written some days ago and not being able to fully understand what I was trying to say. :sweat_smile:

Really honored to read those kind words (and especially in such a rough environment like this one). Very grateful :blush:.

PS: incase that’s a joke, please don’t tell me, avoid me suffering that shame.
PS2: writing this after receiving compliments for my English has been an extra pressure.

2 Likes

This is kind of why even though I want changes, minus personal-loot (sorta, don’t really care anymore tbh) and some unreasonable ones, I have not joined the push.

Part of that has to do with the fact that both sides have toxic people, but I don’t appreciate being labeled, and the people wanting change putting the game down (can’t be successful without changes), and just all the back and forth in general. But most importantly I can respect what it the game is and I’m keeping my expectations in check. It’s hard because I understand both sides. Yes, it’s an opportunity for improvement, but it’s also just one game and a lot of people want the same experience. If this were D4 the conversation wouldn’t be going this way.

Again, want changes, I want an expansion, however, I’m not going to blame people on the forums if that doesn’t happen. And real quick just to further my point… I don’t even like the hostile function, but I know it’s important to a lot of people and it’s part of D2, so I wouldn’t want to see it changed. In another game? Sure…I doubt D4 will have the hostile function similar to D2.

What I hope to see happen is people get their D2 experience, then, after 6 months, a year, we (mostly) come together and push for more content while keeping existing systems intact. Just my two cents.

Let’s be honest here, the people suggesting all these stupid changes are the same people that said D2 remastered would never happen and prefer playing D3 instead. Once this got announced I knew these exact same people would come here and try to ruin the game. They’ll play the game for a week, get max gear and max level and say “sEe I tOlD yOu ThE gAmE wOuLdN’t LaSt, iT wAs JuSt A nOsTaLgIa TrIp”

You tell me to go play D2 if I don’t like D3? Let me play my D2 the way it is in remastered graphics and shared stash. If you want ploot go play D3 until Diablo Immortal and D4 comes out.

You probably played off and on for 5-10 hours each ladder reset and you consider yourself a veteran. No D2 player that has 10k+ hours put into the game would ever think ploot/remove hostility/nerf enigma/vote kick is a good idea and they would KNOW that would change the game drastically. Which would destroy the whole purpose of this remaster.

4 Likes

You missed the point in your first sentence that the majority of people who are asking for these additions to the remake are veterans of D2 like you too. :joy:

2 Likes

And many of us veterans do not.

Dang. You said it perfectly.

This post is just another “purist” post disguised as trying to speak for the “whole veteran community” since OP was disingenuous with his first statement by stating the people who have been asking for these additions to the remaster of the game are only newcomers to the game and are not D2 “veterans” like the OP stated he was, just another troll post after all.

4 Likes

I played classic alongside the Beta, and the “classic mode” looked pretty rough compared to the actual classic game. Not sure what it was, but it was rugged by comparison.

Never joined. Observer of its uniqueness in terms of moderation.

1 Like

This seems to be trying to suggest adding an additional mode would split the playerbase too much I guess, but it’s not realistic.

First you have to cut the list in half because there’s no official SSF.

Then you have to realize most of the things in that list already have tiny participation, yet still exist. Classic is still allowed to exist, but sees very little participation compared to LoD. Non-ladder tends to see less participation than ladder, but that may reverse in D2:R due to the changes to ladder only items.

Adding an additional mode with changes would likely result in significantly less participation in LoD since I think most people would actually want to go try the game with changes. LoD 1.14 would be preserved for people that want to play it forever and ever. Other people might enjoy some change. These things can co-exist easily.

1 Like

Pretending that there is no reason/Ignoring the reasons is no justification to prevent a change.

Moderation has significantly changed there, here, and in pretty much every internet forum sadly. We’re in an era where /spit needs to be removed from WoW more than action taken against the bots - it says a lot about priorities, these days.

As most of us would.
But they like to ignore that fact (which we already told them for months).

Wow. The philosopher has finally hit the nail on its head.
I got a hunch though that it was just a lucky hit.

1 Like