Please put on our feet

Some people just dig their hole too deep to ever make it out without help.
But i am getting a numb arm from giving them a hand over and over again.

It might have been the ‘feet’-thing. Just saying.

So you are saying that the remaster is being done exclusively for people who have 10k+ hours into the game?
How much more disconnected from reality can you possibly be? Honestly.

Even assuming you are one of the lucky few who spent an entire sleepless year of their lifes in a video game. Then what on earth makes you think that you are even remotely a relevant target group for a product?
Even assuming that all 50.000 users who still play d2 are having these kind of play-hours, d2r would not be able to have the smallest revenue with just these people.
Asking to be catered to when you are such an abysmal and unimportant group of players is selfish, arogant and borderline-narcissistic.
Should you be considered? Sure. Should you be allowed to make demands? Definitely no. Should you be allowed to lecture new players? Of course, but maybe get off your horse first. Should you be allowed to scold people without even trying to explain yourself? No, that is not what you do in a mature conversation.

Playtime does not equate to understanding. D2 is a very repetitive game. You can literally play it for 10.000 hours and still not understand the slightest bit of mechanic behind it.
At the same time you can play it for 100 hours and understand much more. Simply because you have an insightful mind and are a fast learner.
It depends on the person who invested those hours. Not the hours.

Having said that, i would even argue that there are quite a few people in the ploot crowd with 10k+ hours. So even your original argument is wrong.

Yes, we noticed. That is what the OP is saying.
What Equinox said is that the OP is omitting the fact that clearly many “veterans” also want changes.
And you repeating the unreflected OP does not make things any better.

We know that some veterans do not want changes. But you like to ignore that the opposite also holds true.

2 Likes

Are you disconnected with space and time? Are you trolling me right now? That’s EXACTLY what they said when they announced this game. This is made for the hardcore D2 fans and to give newer players an experience of Diablo 2 as it was. Do you want me to copy and paste this for you multiple times so you understand?
“Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.”

How exactly are players going to get a taste of what D2 was if they implement all these drastic game changes?

You’ve never experienced the game until you’ve had someone pick up a Jah/Ber Rune/Shako/Griffons faster than you and felt that feeling of dread for a good minute before you moved on.

You’ve never experienced the game until you’ve been scammed or someone has attempted to scam you. If you’re stupid enough to get scammed by getting a rattlecage instead of a tal armor in the trade, you deserve to get scammed because that’s the only way you’ll learn.

You’ve never experienced the game until you’ve been hostiled and pked.

You’ve never experienced the game until you put multiple points into a trash skill and learned from your mistake.

Grow up and thicken your $*@#ing skin and accept that these are part of the original experience and stop trying to change everything. You want a modern ARPG and can’t handle any of these? Go play D3 until D4 comes out.

If you’ve been playing 10k hours and don’t understand any of the mechanics behind it. That’s your problem, not the game’s.

How many times did D3 players tell D2 players to go back to D2 if they hate D3? Why do you act offended if someone tells you the opposite, but it’s okay to tell someone to go back to D2 if they hated D3? You’re trying to change a game that doesn’t need a change apart from updated graphics so you don’t get upset everytime someone picks up an item faster than you. Go play in a private game. You are in NO position to call me or any other real D2 veteran selfish/arrogant/narcissistic. That’s like a piece of #&$% telling a pile of vomit it stinks.

3 Likes

I never tell anyone to go back to either game personally. I just discuss the topic at hand. If it happens, cool. If not, I am still okay.

I’ve played for over 15k hours, and thats probably lowballing it. I often learn new things about the game. I always played the way I knew how to get things done. Watching people like Llama in the past few years taught me new things all the time. I just learned yesterday that you can get duriel stuck and just range attack him. It’s a big game.

Quit making it personal and just discuss the ideas. Or just leave it be.

2 Likes

The general gist of your original post is that you are frustrated by newcomers to the Diablo series of games requesting changes to the game that might, in your mind, jeopardise the core of the game.

I asked you what you think of “veteran players” who support changes. You did not answer the question.

Instead you suggest most of the people who support changes are most likely newcomers to D2. That’s a supposition not support buy any evidence.

1. I disagree. It is the people who want no changes to the game and feel the same as you who are posting childish or rude remarks on the forum. Trying to antagonise and aggravate other forum users and devolving the whole debate every chance they get. Proof of that statement is all over this forum.

2. I can tell English is not your first language so maybe you don’t know what you imply with your statements in the op.

3. candid adjective truthful and straightforward; frank. “his responses were remarkably candid” Are you trying to say I’m telling the truth? I played the tech alpha back in April its already a different game than the og D2 in a lot of ways mostly for the better in my opinion too.

4. This phrase put on your feet makes no sense in the English language what do you mean when you say put on my feet? Lecturing other people on a forum because you don’t like the changes they are suggesting and you are scared that if they are implemented that you wont enjoy the game you have been waiting “20 years” for comes across as entitled.

5. Yup almost 1k posts in six months. You think that’s a lot of posts? Check out microRNA lol.

In summary you do your best not to answer the question when you realise there is no answer that excuses what you have done here. Face the fact that you are no different than the newcomers in the eye’s of the cooperate machine that is blizzard/VV/Insight or whatever they call themselves now.

If you want to make yourself heard don’t be surprised when someone listens and reply’s. If your not making yourself properly understood then learn the speak the language properly. Your lucky I even bothered to take you seriously enough to post a response. Would have been easy to just skip the op as it was obvious what it was within ten seconds.

Just another broken English complaint post from a frustrated guy who does not want changes to the core game.

Relax the core game wont be changed they know if they do that it will be warcraft3 all over again and their reputation is in the gutter already.

*edit

Not trying to offend you here just answering your post.

5 Likes

Hah, I was not being sarcastic, no! =)

It’s a fairly big change, but not a gameplay change. Im concerned about deep gameplay changes.

This is not changing the spirit of the game. Pvp agreements, host kick, ploot change the spirit of the game. 19:9 up from 16:9, not 12:9 (talk about disingenuous), big whoop. That is a nice qol for people with nice monitors. Neither this nor ladder items on NL is at all comparable to implementing new gameplay-setting mechanics. Those kinds of changes alter the soul of the game. If you dont understand that, we wont be agreeing on much on this topic.

Nice post. Tbh can represent some folks.

D2 itself changed way more than any other game I ever knew.

D2 were released, I had one of the most challenging experiences for at least 2-3 years. Because battlenet weren’t a thing were I lived and using dial-up connection to connect to another country server was like playing at 3000-6000ms on good days and 12000-34670ms on bad days.

So I played singleplayer until have decent connection to be able to play at 1000-2000ms range. Mostly I learned about this game in time frames.

First 2-3 years had classic experience, with some patchs on the later year. Then got LOD without any patches. Was a fresh and new experience, almost like a entire new game, with new items, classes, act and runewords. The depth of the game just changed.

The most challenging part of this game were actually melee class on chaos sanctuary with oblivion knights casting iron maiden, I died a lot and painfully.

Then, I got better connection and tried it out play online was 2005, the patch was 1.10 and several stuff were even more different than before. Played solo self found because my network weren’t great, ran through all benefits from ladder, the experience was different, for better or worst was debatable, but the ladder runewords openned a way to play that I never saw before, was way more easier, stronger and impactful, some stuff got more dynamic and flexible but also made some stuff as “must have”.

About 2008-2009 I started to play with some folks and learned some “online stuff”. Like tricks with charged items, some builds and certain perks about how to play more optimized, I started to see what other folks saw at the same game I saw. But also learned about issues that plagued for years the game.

At 2010, the most impact thing in the game for me, just vanished. Iron maiden was removed from oblivions knight. Re-spec was a thing and learned about uber bosses, I think was the first time that I actually readed patch notes.

I played about 1-2 more years, then took some adventures on modded servers. Some were funny, others generated a new way to experience the game others weren’t just great. Learned about several 3rd party softwares and stuff.

I not gonna lie, I checked some of those softwares on single player to make my own conclusions. Some were interesting as informative, like knowing ilvl and stuff like that.

After 1-2 years on modded servers I got bored. Most of the original feeling already changed too much. So I gone back to the roots.

At same time after 2005 I also played other games, I spent several hours on RTS, some old school fps and other RPG games. But every week I had my time on d2. At 2013 I tries d3, felt weird but also an improvement. Was different way to look in diablo, some stuff were interesting other poorly implemented.

Gold pickup, the skill bar, more “linked” way between gear and skills were interesting concepts. But most of the thrilling weren’t in there, even at beginning with monsters being really unbalanced.

D2 kept me coming, a bit less often about 2-3 times at a month. Then around 2014-2015 D3 RoS released and improved and changed how d3 were played even more than previously changes.

About 2015-2016 I decided go play D1, see for myself the origin of those 2 games. Spent about 1 year playing and concluded that each one of them were unique and tried new stuff.

At 2017 had my time shared between OW, D3 and D2. That kept me enjoying those 3 games but others also, d2 for me became harder to play online, acidentally at later part of 2017 I hadn’t much time to play games because my work and studies schedule with divided attention between several games, to learn about my complete history on bnet being vanished. I literally felt bad to the point that I spent an entire year to not even being able to see the desktop icon. Then at first quarter of 2019, a friend of mine started to talk to me about life and how rough things were back them and that moment I felt, “bro you should play this amazing game” and I started to play it again, him on the other hand didn’t make it. This time singleplayer.

2019 passed like a flash, 2020 happened the pandemic and here we are at 2021.

One thing that defines diablo for me is: each game is unique in their own ways and approach. No diablo game were the same to each other, not even expansions. Even patches changed the games both d2 and d3.

So for me, any diablo game will change over time, either we like it or not. No diablo game were static after launch, some became static because lacked support. But all of them changed on their life cycle.

I welcome changes, improvements and anything that devs want, not because I don’t care but because is their “project”. I saw what folks done with their own versions of d2, there were some nice ideas in there, but all of them without exception changed the game.

I’m really passionate about the game, maybe not most knowledable about pvp or bugs. Because for me they don’t mean anything in diablo2 and maybe never will. But one thing I’m certain if they plan to support the game changes are inevitable either we like or not. I think this time folks should be more aware and present about how devs should address issues that could arrise from those changes and bugfixes than actually leave bugs in there.

I saw the beauty of this game without seeing the bad side about a decade. But about 2010 and later I saw how badly the game was and how broken stuff were, weren’t a pretty view. Neither on closed realms or modded servers. 7 years interacting with online servers showed how badly things were even before.

In that aspect I hope the same thing doesn’t happen with d2r. Because would prove that this game weren’t meant for multiplayer at all.

The worst and most bizarre experiences I had in this game was because of online/multiplayer aspect of it. Crazy bugs, exploits and stuff like dupped items were visible almost anywhere on public rooms.

While I simpatize with your point of view. I think this game should follow the path of both d2 and d3. By keeping evolving in something even greater than previously were, not all changes would be by my liking but doesn’t mean they shouldn’t do or try.

Most of expansions and patchs changed a lot of perks and how the game were supposed to be played. So I’m on board about changes, but doesn’t mean those changes shouldn’t consider also the impact and address it on proper way.

I’m old, this game means a lot for me but just because I love the game doesn’t mean the game should stay the same, if I wanted the game to be the same I would play the same game in single player as I always did and still do, a couple hours ago I ran some cows which gave me some stuff, always avoiding to kill king.

I have high hopes about d2r, but d2r should be d2r not a “makeup of d2” if would be they should just re-release it as 4:3 and avoid headaches of fixing stuff.

1 Like

It is interesting you ask people for “proof” when you made none yourself. It was a heartfelt post and i can understand, but you reply mostly in a condesending manner and your credibility is just going to zero at this point.
I am leaning towards believing your a master troll, and if so and you made me reply, hats off to you good sir.

1 Like

I agree with most of the rest of what you’re saying I took the Put on Our Feet meaning “Walk in our Shoes”

Well… We wouldn’t want the newbies seeing our hooves. Now, would we?

1 Like

There were really a lot more than minor QoL changes. I think you’re trying to downplay everything because your argument against ploot is “this is a remaster, not a remake”… as if that’s a justification.

Let’s be honest, you made up everything you just said to try and be in the right side.

Generally, the only time someone tells a purist to “go play D2” is when the purist tells someone looking for a optional change to “go back to D3”. Stop acting like the victim.

Many of us veterans that want changes want them to be optional for those veterans who do not want changes. You want no such option for us veterans that do.

2 Likes

hooves? HOOVES? I’m a FURRY not a brony. XD
SwiftKitten = Cheetah

2 Likes

wtf are you talking about diablo 2 was not a 16:9 game it was 4:3 also known at 12:9

1 Like

I once saw a man that had no shoes. Then, I saw a man that had no feet.

You’re not in a position to speak to what I want or don’t want. Between this and your “forcing” mantra, I really have to question your delusions of grandeur.

1 Like

Then, I saw some feet that had no man.

Ahh you mean walk a mile in my shoes?

What does the phrase walk a mile in their shoes mean?

To spend time trying to consider or understand another person’s perspectives, experiences, or motivations before making a judgment about them.

That makes more sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like this. It says pretty much what I feel.

We’re gonna be arguing this point until Hell freezes over (No. Sorc doesn’t get to end this with an orb). It’s because we are tribal.

Am I the only one here that realizes there’s at least three generations of players all vying for control?

Gramps wants his old gear back that the assassin and the druid stole from him. Missing that “GRIZWALD’S EDGE!”

Son wants to have stackable gems, so he can stop using mules!

Grandchild wants 100+ pages in his stash.

All perfectly valid requests, until you realize that none of this will ever happen, in D2R.

Oh, cool… then you do want people to have a loot type option.

Let’s not play the “forcing” game again. You have to play pretty stupid to not what what is mean by saying that.