Moving Forward Do You Wish To See New Content In D2R

So, after launch and in time, do you wish to see any new content added to D2R that would not have been in D2 Original, so in other words completely new D2 content such as new rune words/runes new jewels and any other type of content additons?

If so, I would be interested in knowing what?

6 Likes

Leave Diablo 2 alone. I want new content in Diablo 4.

2 Likes

I agree largely, but I would be open to new rune words or different unique jewels as rare drops, as I feel that jewels aren;t what they could have been.

2 Likes

The only things I’d be open to are bug fixes and minor balance changes for useless/underpowered skills, as long as any changes are tempered with wisdom to avoid power creep in any way, shape or form.

5 Likes

Yea I suppose that’s fair.

1 Like

I don’t mind the idea of new content, mainly in the form of encounters, but I don’t really want new classes, skills, items, etc. per se. Adding newness is a way to retain freshness but what is added, and how it works with everything else is the critical key.

1 Like

That’s fair enough, I agree.

As a quick edit, will they continue to update original d2 after D2R release?

I suspect they will as needed, but only to keep the game compatible with the latest supported operating systems.

2 Likes

i agree with this but i am also scared to allowed activision to touch any balance at all

i agree that the MA tree needs love and that werewolf druid needs either insanly better scaling on rabies and fireclaws, or just some way to break psychical immunites like every other melee class can.

i would also be ok with bear druid actually having a function in this game, but i would still probably never use it. either way, having a way to break physical immunities on druid is a must.

escpailly because shapeshift form great limits your weapon choices as druid has horrfic block frames, and is usually limited to 2 handed weps in those form AND needs attack speed from ONLY the weapon again negating the use of any weapons than ones with 40+ attack speed on the weapon itself.

but personally i woulds rather blizzard not touch anything that isnt 100% absolutely necessary ( like fixing the dclone spawn method would be) because i dont just trust them

i would rather deal with the issues than risk ruining the game.

There’s a lot that could be rebalanced/improved. There are so many useless skills or builds (MArts, Bowazon, Hydra, Auradin, Summon/SS Druid, Golem, Fire ele Druid, etc), and there are ways that they could make builds viable for PvM without over-powering the same build for PvP.

I would love to see some improvements to the core game, but I doubt they ever will.

Path of Diablo and other modded versions of the game can give great insight into exactly how to remold the game. Some of those modded versions did very well to rebalance some things without going too far.

Some small examples are: Higher initial/base mana regen on lower levels (while tapering off at higher char levels, to normal), NO stamina penalty (or simply higher stamina at lower levels), and making the bowazon more viable in PvM.

And considering there are almost 500 Uniques, but all builds in total only use about 50 of them…Uniques and some Sets could stand to have small tweaks and improvements. This would be a large undertaking, though, because any slight change can affect some builds greatly - both for PvM and PvP

As a concept I would like to see the kinds of updates and ladder only changes you see in other games.

BUT. I don’t want to see it at release, the natural time frame it should take them to figure out how D2 works right would probably be a year…In that time D4 should be out and those types of changes should be in D4. Also if I don’t want to play D4 more than D2 at the time, then they really screwed up.

Thus in the end, while I would like to see these changes to a game I play. I hope they don’t do it to D2, because that means they really screwed up with D4.

Yes. Biggest two changes I’d like to see beyond launch is a change to ladder vs non ladder which makes both options completely viable (such as ungating the ladder only and adding a new ladder only something that doesn’t transfer to non ladder), and some balance changes to skills, since the 1.10+ balance is incomplete due to original main devs leaving company, despite configuring the patch to easily update skill balancing.

I would be fine with changes, as long as its sectioned off so D2R with D2 and QoL Changes are protected.

I would want the base D2R launch experience to be as protected as possible if they want to start messing with the game more heavily.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind something else like Ubers being added down the road and possible balance changes if done correctly.

1 Like

Oh yes absolutely, that sounds like a plan.

1 Like

I would prefer no new content added to Diablo II, but if they absolutely have to it should either be content that was originally intended to be added, like unreleased expansions or the storyline from DI adapted into a proper Diablo game.

I realize a lot of people really hate D3, but if they want to bring the Diablo franchise back to it’s roots they should do that with Diablo 4.

Right now, no.

I want to see the product on release and determine whether i trust them enough to do it.

I’d say leave it to D4 but i’m not sure i’ll buy d4.

2 Likes

If D4 builds off of D2 instead of D3 I will get into it. I was bitterly disappointed with D3 and the style of gameplay it took.

2 Likes

I really hope they make an expansion Pack!
I think to wait for D4 is not an option, because we dont know how good will be d4?
After D3 i have my doubts! Have waited 10 years and got a poor game that i played for 2 weeks.

Even D1 i have played for 3 years or so. D3 was the disappointing of the decade.
And wenn i read D4 will be between D2 and D3 i get really nervous that its to much like d3.

I would love to give Blizz 50€ for an D2 Xpack, more than 60€ for a D4 that is more like D3,5

1 Like

Absolutely, new runewords, unique items and possibly horadric cube formulae would definitely be nice to have. Who said content updates had to terminate at 1.11? It’s not like adding a new elite two-handed axe is going to drastically alter the experience of 99,99% of all players, now is it?

Of course changes of that sort should be also done retroactively and able to be patched into traditoinal D2.

2 Likes