Moving Forward Do You Wish To See New Content In D2R

I would prefer no new content added to Diablo II, but if they absolutely have to it should either be content that was originally intended to be added, like unreleased expansions or the storyline from DI adapted into a proper Diablo game.

I realize a lot of people really hate D3, but if they want to bring the Diablo franchise back to it’s roots they should do that with Diablo 4.

Right now, no.

I want to see the product on release and determine whether i trust them enough to do it.

I’d say leave it to D4 but i’m not sure i’ll buy d4.

2 Likes

If D4 builds off of D2 instead of D3 I will get into it. I was bitterly disappointed with D3 and the style of gameplay it took.

2 Likes

I really hope they make an expansion Pack!
I think to wait for D4 is not an option, because we dont know how good will be d4?
After D3 i have my doubts! Have waited 10 years and got a poor game that i played for 2 weeks.

Even D1 i have played for 3 years or so. D3 was the disappointing of the decade.
And wenn i read D4 will be between D2 and D3 i get really nervous that its to much like d3.

I would love to give Blizz 50€ for an D2 Xpack, more than 60€ for a D4 that is more like D3,5

1 Like

Absolutely, new runewords, unique items and possibly horadric cube formulae would definitely be nice to have. Who said content updates had to terminate at 1.11? It’s not like adding a new elite two-handed axe is going to drastically alter the experience of 99,99% of all players, now is it?

Of course changes of that sort should be also done retroactively and able to be patched into traditoinal D2.

2 Likes

Absolutely. We’ve already exhausted the many build paths and every single type of gameplay imaginable. New runewords, maps, reworked uniques, maybe even corruption mechanic would be a welcome change that would re-vitalize the game for the returning players.

1 Like

Thank god this isn’t happening. Was terrible in mods, would be terrible in real D2.

(I should specify though, if modding is made accessible, I think it’s great if people get this stuff in mods, even if they’re supported online, go for it! the more people that are happy, the better. It definitely shouldn’t be added to the online default version of this remaster though, obviously…)

you don’t even play the mods, shoo.

But no, seriously. Touching the mechanics or making some serious overhauls is not needed at all. We’ve got all those other games for that. But just adding a few new cool uniques, runewords and maybe sets would go a looong way in helping the game feel alive.

I would be 100 per cent down on the new rune words, I love the hunt for rare words and new rare runes for new rare runewords would be an excellent content addition.

I’ve played several popular mods. They were good for a short bit when bored of other games…but the gameplay is inferior to what D2R offers.

Maybe not new story/items/etc, but new content in the forms of:

-Endless dungeon mode, levels get harder as you go, keep rankings or leaderboard, no xp or items drop, party/solo mode
-Survival style game mode where you have to survive increasingly more difficult waves of monsters, game ends when you/party dies, leaderboards, etc
-Maybe an “Arena” style or some type of formal PvP with ladders/leaderboards for that, maybe a class specific leaderboard, like a mode where you only duel your own class, to see who the “best” barb, sorc, etc is. So like if you’re a barb, you only duel other barbs, and it’s a leaderboard.

No rewards for any of this aside from getting to see your name on a leaderboard, or even just for fun. While D2 obviously already has some great longevity to it, things like this could add even more. Idk just a thought.

Like I mentioned earlier, if there’s the most room for something, that’d be elite unique items. Many D1 uniques got reintroduced with LoD as elite uniques, but there are still some that haven’t been. Like, remember the Demonspike Coat from D1 for instance? A potential Shadow Plate right there. Or helly, they could even make it as a Chaos Armor, really.

1 Like

maybe a new red portal that give diablo 1 :slight_smile: this i wll be sick playing diablo 1 with d2re graphic style and character , this will change anything to d2 lore but just add a old chapter

Yes, This would be a great addition.

Beside fixing certain bugs that made no sense to being with. Besides those then, not really. Even people that want “Spell/skill changes” I find that a bit overly dramatic.
You’re not suppose to be 1 person wrecking crew. Hell mode is suppose to bring people together to conquer the challenges ahead.

It’s why I’ve always loved Diablo 2. Because any build works. And believe me, I’ve made some really stupid builds, that worked fine in Hell. (Healing Paladin.) Only purpose was to swap between two auras, to give resist, or Life+Mana. Sometimes an offensive aura. He was awesome when you could level up from Uber minions. He had no offensive abilities. And he did great.

Back to the point. Anything works, every build should have downsides. Physical immunity. (There’s ways around it. Use your head!) Same with spell immunities. We’ll have to work together! And that my friends will be the real fun that awaits us.
As far as new runewords. I’m meh. It’ll re-create the same issues, as any game faces. New meta to chase, new cookie cutter build to create.
Lets just re-live the older days. Without anything crazy or whacky nonsense going on. Maybe after the first ladder reset. Some new items would be alright, but I don’t have any desire for them. The graphic updates, alone will keep me hanging around. I’m sure there are other’s that feel the same.

Yes, D4 doesn’t resemble diablo for me. Personal loot, non Tetris inventory, bad isometric cam view kill the game vibe.

They could keep tetris and add autosort… Because the complaint was tedium… But no, they want to replace the dope item art w small thumbnails.

Tbh if D4 had an optional ‘d2 mode’ that fixed these things I’d be interested again.

I don’t know why people want skill buffs. There is no skill in the game you can’t win with if your smart. You can beat Baal in hell with no skills and punching him in the face. Granted it takes longer but is possible. If a skill was truly worthless and unusable then you wouldn’t be able to clear anything with it. Also tier 1 skills are supposed to be weak that’s part of growth and the feeling of getting stronger. This isn’t WoW and D3 where level 1 learned skills are end game worthy they are learning skills but even so you can solo hell with any build of your smart about it

1 Like

Everything they have added since LoD came out is just more power creep nonsense, but I’d prefer more content on D2 as opposed to none. Would give modders more stuff to properly balance since Bliz doesn’t know how.

I’m generally pretty conservative when this topic comes up. I want the game to stay balanced the way it is for the most part and playability to stay the same. The QOL changes are definitely welcomed but one thing I would really like is 6 sockets in cryptic swords hahaha