Muyu's Suggested Changes Compilation

are you trying to argue with me how “loot filters” work?

i have an over 2000 line filter that over 1000 people use in path of diablo.
i have been working on it for well over a year.

you want freaking proof?

https://pathofdiablo.com/wiki/index.php?title=List_of_Loot_Filters

Filter : KittenGale
Author " SwiftKitten

that’s my filter
https://greendu.de/s/A1xR5eVN39mxbGd/download

whats your experience with loot filters?

don’t even TRY to tell me “that’s not how they work”

That’s how it works in PATH OF DIABLO, not in modern game design. Just because it works in a game that is very very old doesn’t mean it does in something that is intent-designed to be safer and more reliable.

To insinuate that they would continue to use the old infrastructure present in the old client is just asinine at the core. I promise you, it will be nothing like the old game if they allowed filters to be used in the remaster.

1 Like

it works the exact same way in POE, u have a text file… you modify that text file, yeah they got some absolutely worthless “in-game filter options” but i still NEED a filter file to even have any semblance of control over what u see.

if i cant make my own filter file there is no point even even attempting to add them. there is mount mount of checkboxs blizzard could provide to make it worth while and totally online based…

they either implment a actaul loot filter wher YOU control what YOU see or they touch nothing.

there is no “forcing other placer to use someone else filter” u might as well just cancel the game if your ganna do that.

I’m going to end this reply chain on this note because it is quickly derailing;

Path of Exile’s loot filter is 100% plain-text based, using functionality built into the game. You can add what-ever-you-want to it, but at the end of the day, whatever you add to it is pre-defined. You could make a crude quality boots with no affix/suffix on them show up as Legendary with white background fill and purple text for the item name, and make the filter hide everything else. (Alt will still reveal the hidden items)

You can modify the life out of the loot filter all you want, but that is all you can do. You cannot change any item to appear as another item.
You cannot add malicious formatting or files to the filter and hand it over to someone else and crash their game/PC. The game cannot and will not execute anything outside of the pre-determined code it is designed to work with.

Blizzard would most certainly use this method, if they don’t hardcode their own filter into the game that allows you to modify your settings with simple checkbox options.

That’s all I have to say in regards to this conversation. Do what you will from here on, as I said, I am here to inform and discuss, not argue.

1 Like

Ahem, I ask again Muyu, since youre here, about your proposed charm inventory. Im curious why no one suggests a full charm inv unlock at a high level instead of from the start - because isnt a charm inv supposed to address the issues only high lvl farmers who run with a full inv of charms have?

There’d be a pvp barrier between 92 and 93 if it unlocked at 93, but I dont think thatd be such a problem. Itd be far less of an issue than preventing everyone from being able to have the classic D2 inventory management experience, at least.

1 Like

That is a good point, honestly. I think the reason nobody has suggested it is because it isn’t in the vein that Diablo 2 is built upon - that being “progression” features. It just doesn’t exist in Diablo 2, so I guess people gloss over the idea.

But I do like the idea of unlocking it at “end game” levels, gives a bit more incentive to work towards actually grinding through the 90’s as opposed to seeing it as a roadblock full of EXP loss on death.

Will update the description accordingly to provide some exposure to the idea. See if it sits well with others!

1 Like

Thanks. I have found it strange people seem to ignore that suggestion. I think it’d bolster the charm inv argument. And I dont even want any charm inv =P What have I done…

1 Like

Haha. We live in turbulent times my friend. Some times even battling with ourselves and not realizing we’re giving way to something. Possibly just a sign of acceptance at the end of the day. :stuck_out_tongue:
Looks like I’ll need to wait another hour before editing… Did not know there was an edit limit, lol.

This is just more opinions, and everybody has different one, and this is exactly why VV/Blizzard will most likely be pretty conservative about making any of these divisive changes. There’s no silver bullet solution to satisfy everyone, that’s why some people talk about more realms, but I don’t see that happening, personally.

I’d probably be OK with a charm inventory if it were smaller than our actual inventory. And I wouldn’t say it’s “harmless”. Again, I see you put a lot of time into this, but that’s just your opinion.

4 Likes

Indeed, all we can do is provide the feedback. The professionals will decide what is best for their game based on feedback popularity and whether or not it is possible to add it.

also the ability to edit really needs to be infinite dammit. :<

1 Like

I’m going to link to one of my thorough explanations to add a bit more to your collection:

1 Like

Yes.

Yes.

I think drop rates as they are currently set under last Diablo 2 patch is almost perfect.

I would like to see increased cube size instead of charm inventory and gem/rune pouches/bags to store bigger amount of these items in it. If increased cube size will not be accepted i am for Charm inventory as lesser evil.

Yes please, no way they should let known bugs stay as it would be very unprofessional to release remaster with so many bugs as in original game. I am also for fixing all bugs, including eth and quest drop bugs. But in that case they should correct andariel drops as they are very bad without bugs.

I guess? Why not, but I dont need it. too many things like this will generaly make game more easy.

Yes please.

I prefer loot filter so you can choose what you want to see.

I dont care :slight_smile: I dont need to zoom.

I dont understand this, what cow level penalty? You mean removing Cow king Quest? In that case yes.

Yes please, nothing is worse than activating waypoit by mistake on already leveled character and then being not able to farm pindleskin.

I have seen it in action from one friend who is modder, I would like to have it.

This is must have…

I honestly dont know. I dont want to make it too easy. Players should be looking for informations, ask others. I dont want helping hand for everything in game.

Why not, this is harmless, I would like to see level of item too so I can see where it dropped.

I dont care :slight_smile:

Yes, it doesnt have to be increased extremely, but should be twice as big.

Would be nice if blizzard could support some kind of MP support on battle net between players where one will be hosting witch the patch.

YES!

Yes, later after release. It will require communication with player base.

Yes, few new maps to farm, maybe some new monsters, few new skills instead of not used ones, new sets, new uniques.

I am against this. This is not qol change, its making game more easy. There is plenty of arrows and bolt everywhere.

I would be ok with some tranfsmogrification for your items on channel, just cosmetic stuff. It could help the game in general as if it will generate money, blizzard might care more about making new content for it.

No, it is only splitting player base.

I dont understand this. Nobody said there will not be separated realm for classic.

It doesnt impact anything in negative way, people are using maphack which has this for 15 years. Having loot filter remove one of the reasons why people use maphack. Also it realy helps to filter loot you dont care about.

There is argument that someone will have advantage by seeing only limited number of item. I dont think so, all players can use it to see what they like. Nobody has disadvantage.

I would honestly change many Unique items to not so useless. It would help the trade and build diversity. I would also add new uniques.

Yes, I would like to see resistances and even skills of monster. These information would be reveals based on how many times you killed the monster.

Yes, I would like to see pvp arena where i can duel with my hardcore characters without dying.

I dont think we need more respec but i am not streictly against it if enough people will want more. But it is generaly speaking making game more easy.

As I said above, I would like to see new sets and uniques, they might add few every season.

Yes we need this to keep the game alive for longer time.

Mercenaries have not only pathfinding issues but several bugs related to their damage so it should be fixed.

I am against this.

Infinite stash, shared stash, yes please.

Definitely, we should be able to trade charms safely.

Strictly against potions stacking. I dont evne like rune and gem stacking, I would like to have gem/rune bags instead.

I am gainst multiboxing. People should be playing with others , not with their mules.

1 Like

Loving the responses guys, let’s keep this gravy train moving.

Coming back at you with more updates to the list!
3 more items added to the Quality of Life (QoL) section.

20. Toggle Show Loot On/Off (Harmless) - Another simple QoL feature. Some prefer show loot be permanently on.
21. Merchant Merchandise Refresh (Harmless) - Something else that can be viewed as harmless. Refresh available goods, similar to the gambling function.
22. Show Item Level of Gear (iLvl) (Mixed Bag/Harmless) - Something else I’ve seen the community request and have an argument for and against. I’ll leave it up to you guys to discuss down below if this is something necessary, and why or why not.

1 Like

Actual QoL. Can’t really see why this would be a bad thing in any sense.

2 Likes

The workaround is to leave town and come back. Refreshes it either way. This removes a cumbersome step in between. Comes down to whether or not someone feels the necessity to punish someone else that plays differently as the end result is still the same - they’re still going to get their item one way or another.

Toggle Show Loot On/Off – Sure, I like it from PoE after all.
Merchant Merchandise Refresh – Interesting problem this is, would like to link this here: PCGamesN new interview w/ D2R leads - #20 by MissCheetah-1661 you may find this interesting, but yeah I personally could see this being abused in some way.
Show Item Level of Gear (iLvl) – Sure.

1 Like

Fair enough. But in a sense, it could make the game easier since it might take you a long time running in and out of town to reset the vendor selection and get the actual item you are looking for, instead of spamming reset and force buying the item in alot shorter amount of time.

I mean there has to be a reason to why the vendor didn’t automatically refresh each time you open the window in the first place like the gambler? Therefore i don’t think it can be comparisoned with the new gamling refresh button.

But don’t get me wrong, i don’t think this is a big deal. But many of these small changes can have a large effect on the bigger picture, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Right now it takes quite a big effort to shop claws.

Adding a shop refresh makes this much, much easier.

I am not dead set against it, but it will make running the assassin in a new season far, far faster.

2 Likes

I been wondering about that my self. Ideally I would just make a cow portal beside a vendor in act 1 to refresh faster.
The question is how will that work for multiple people in game is where it might get tricky.

1 Like

This is basically how I accomplished it. Portal right next to whatever vendor I needed to refresh.

I like to think it was shortsighted engineering, since the game was literally developed not out of necessity but because they were peer pressured into developing it by their fans… but it’s all speculation at this point.

I can get behind the idea that it would make it too easy. I feel it would be something that would need more crowd insight on but in the end wouldn’t harm me either way.