PSA, Charm inventory and you

They don’t need to minimize anything. Charm inventory is fine the way it is. If charms are blocking your entire inventory, then remove some so you can pick up items.

4 Likes

A 4x4 area would be more balanced. But the charms could also be unique.

Stacking +29 skill points is ridiculous. You can only invest 20 points on your character.

You can use them to NOT equip certain gear, detracts form those gear choices.

As I said prebuffs used for PvM not just PvP… Yah potions do make difference having bunch of psn resist and cold resist potions in inventory to get rid of psn and cold effects and to increase psn and cold resistance and to have rejuves or tons of mana potions and not have to ever worry about mana regen… how do you not see this as not being balance issues…
You have to understand this is a game where players can go hostile on each other in random games and kill, and you gonna make it very easy for them to do it with having full skill charms and full inventory of rejuvs and what not.

If they removed charms from the game, all players who do PvP would have the same restriction placed on them. At the moment you literally need a full inventory for PVP, one that focuses entirely on stacking power.

That’s not even interesting…

1 Like

Classic doesn’t have charms. We can experience this anytime.

Charms are here to add to your item choice by removing some of the requirements you need for certain builds and not the other way around, the fact that most of you just stack skillers with your builds just shows the build you are using

I like to go hybrid kick sin and she usually does not require any skillers because shes a hybrid and I can get more by just getting resist,FRW or damage from charms instead

This argument keeps going on and on because people keep saying adding more space is considered a buff, well it is for people like sclLama which uses a full inventory of potions right?, wrong, even though it does help him a lot and may very well be a game changer charms are not there to circumvent potion use, it was there just as additional system added to the game for you shape your character

and I am sure not one person here is willing to empty his charm space just for ease of life and will still play that way, I know I wont empty my inventory of charms that I worked so hard to get

adding more space is just to make the experience less of hassle and more streamlined, going back to town is a mechanic which suppose to take you out of the action once in a while to reset your engagement levels, I don’t know how many of you had to deal with game development, but this is a very important issue, one that Torchlight devs have been hating intensely because they used a pet system which basically sells everything for you and you never actually get to go back to town and have your “downtime” that donwtime is very important to your experience

on Diablo 2 we see a different issue that was introduced with charms added into the game, you go back to often, cutting your experience short, making it into work instead of fun and not letting you offset properly

having the inventory as it is right now is wrong in more ways then one

so I understand the people afraid of change and I was there too, but I tested it and its a good solution to a very important issue, please don’t be stubborn give it good chance to happen because it will do wonders to your gameplay, wont affect balancing and make the game better as a whole

6 Likes

No charm inventory. While “Nelly - Over and over again” plays in the background.

3 Likes

You’re essentially playing the shuffle game. Instead of the 50 STR investment, you use the +50 STR with Charms. This detract from both your character and equipment. It’s not a good mechanic.

1 Like

i don’t understand what you’re referring to but I don’t even use str charms in my inventory, sorry for the confusion

Quote : Charms are here to add to your item choice by removing some of the requirements you need for certain builds

You used the word “requirement”. What requirement then?

it can indeed manifest as you suggested and I’m sure some do use it that way, but it can also means if your build requires a certain amount of FHR or Mana leach, and you don’t want to give up a certain affix for another you can use a simple charm to fit your build into place

This is the exact reason people like me think it’s dumb. It detracts from the hard choices with your equipment, by having such an easy way to get around it.

3 Likes

It’s part of the game and I’m sorry you don’t enjoy it as I do, but just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean we should make it weaker or get rid of it, you can have charm inventory, charms are part of the game I’m sorry

Yeah, they are part of the game. They’re also one reason people return to classic. Because when people play LOD, they realize how bad it actually was. Or why people ended up leaving, because the game started to feel like a chore, with no real benefits…

1 Like

my main experience of the game was classic, I still remember the game on it’s first patches, it was brutal and I liked it, there are some things that make me want to play classic instead and it’s not the charms in the game

if you want to know it’s because certain skills were amazing in classic and it was a ton of fun using them, no cooldowns or stuff like that, the game was hard and if you managed to do something it was because you played well

but please, if you don’t like LOD just don’t play it, some of us love LOD, I can’t tell you how excided I was the first time I managed to snag a copy and play it and charms are a very big part of it

so I understand you don’t like charms but some people do and it’s part of the game, charm inventory can make the game better for everyone, don’t try to force your preferences to classic on to everyone because at the end of the day a lot of people do enjoy LoD :heart:

2 Likes

The game is balanced around those charms. They literally increased the resistance penalty in hell difficulty so you have more inventive to use them. They don’t actually add anything new to the game, other then stacking the same bonuses you already had.

you can say the same thing about items as well, there are some unique charms as well that resemble certain item diversity, but you can’t have too much of those on you because it would be to powerful, which is why most of the charm appear generic to you

I think it’s a good thing not all charms are torch of anni

Having more and better unique was good, but then they nerfed them with runewords. As blizzard loves to ruin their own content with power creep and new players won’t have the same experiences. We are left with nostalgia, new players will see a unbalanced game.

+29 Skill Points + 175 Resistance + Faster Cast = Spellcaster

That’s what the game looks like…

1 Like

yeah I agree with you that people that only now experience the game will have a different playthrough then ours, but they can still have it if they wish, its not gone by any means

and again runewords much like charms are a part of Lod and is part of the fun of it :slight_smile:

What fun? You literally just collect them. You grind day in and day out to collect something, that makes the game easier for you. Because you use them to disregard any hard choices with equipment selection.