Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

I get what your saying, you “like it but its not quite what you want”… but it kinda does doesnt it, if you liked it you wouldnt want it to be changed, right? Seems pretty obvious.

Since you wanted to compare to real life, that would be the point where you consider your purchase decision better, or return it to buy something else, not go to the factory and demand more seats.

True. He stated in his youtube comment section "Let’s say you’re in an 8 player game. When you kill a unique monster in Diablo 2 there will ALWAYS be 1 item and 4 potions that drop. This is true on players 1 and players 8. So now the question becomes…does this monster all of the sudden drop 8 items? " Personal loots does not mean up to 8X drops. He clearly does not know what personal loot is. It is about item allocation and not drop rate.

The developers are smarter than that. That is why Rod said if an optional loot system was introduced it would ne at game creation and require opt in.

1 Like

lmao. he told people on stream AFTER the NDA expired… you know when the ANNOUNCEMENT hit? dude you’re hilarious and grasping at straws hoping and praying im not right. :joy:

2 Likes

And what do you think is the effect of him telling after the NDA expired? Could it be publicity? Could it?

If i were blizzard, i would make sure that the main content creators of d2 are still active 2 years later when my remaster hits. I wouldnt just hope for them to not switch games for 2 more years. I would give them planning ensurance that they can increase their own content and ramp up for the d2r release.
Which they obviously all did.

Otherwise they might now be playing some other game and be making a living over there.
Or even get a more ordinary occupation.

I dont need to pray.
Obviously they asked some streamers about their input. But obviously they also wanted to prepare them to keep the content creation up. That is how marketing works nowadays in the video game segment.

And even if he provided input, it is crystal clear that ploot is nowhere close to anything he can give a well informed opinion on.
He had multiple months time to prepare his argument. He knew it had a high support.

Still he presents 10 minutes of absolute misdirected, shallow non-sequiturs.

Continue reading then since you cut out the part of the allocated loot.

I also have to agree he didn’t elaborate as much as we do here

Yes, and he had at least 2 months time for it. His video where he reacted to ~60% support for ploot with “go back to d3” is already quite old.

These 10 minutes could have been much more productive. Even for you! You want a good argument against ploot. He obviously didnt make it.

If we continue his quote

“Also if I teleport forward and kill a group of monsters on my own, do I get that loot or is it still gonna just randomly assign to people behind? How miserable would it be to go kill a monster, see a griffon’s drop from a monster you killed but it’s greyed out because it’s not your loot. Then the level 10 player you were rushing comes walking up behind you and grabs it.”

If you are truly on your own, all drops would be yours in personal loot. Hence, he does not understand personal loot.

2 Likes

it could mean what i was saying about the 2 screens away

But again he didn’t elaborate you will have to ask him if you wanna know because i can’t know for sure what he meant only assume.

Yes and no.

It depends on how ploot is realized. And that is my main problem with his video, that he does not even take the time to look at all the different systems there are.
He can still say “ok, d3 ploot is most likely to come to d2, so i focus on it”. Then people at least know what he is talking about. And that it is not the only variation out there.

But he is just brushing over every variation with the broadest brush possible. Mushing up bind-on-pickup and increased drop rates into the mix.

More production value, more research, more objectivity would have served him alot better. And also all anti-plooters who want his argument to hit home with us.

1 Like

how does one prepare to argue vs ploot when every ploot advocate has their personal way to execute it? lmao

1 Like

It would depend on the range of personal loot relative to monster kill. It could be implemented so that players had to be reasonably close.

So what is the range you suggest? :slight_smile: Ive heard everything from melee range, half screen, 1 screen and 2 screens and longer and everything in between.

In combination with timed loot, you could even have the timeout to decrease relative to your distance to the loot.

So let’s say we have an enormous 5 second loot timeout. Then the character closest to the loot would have ~5 seconds to get the loot, because of the proximity.
If you are running behind, you might also get 5 seconds, but because of your distance your window of opportunity might fall down to <5 seconds> / . So maybe you only have ~1 second which would require you to run alot faster to get it.

I played around with this in my head a few times already. But i think it would be too detremental for ranged classes. But who knows. Maybe something that results in ~3 seconds for melee, ~2 seconds for range is a good compromise. (melee and range is not the class, but the positioning in relation to the items.)

But this might again favor the good old boss-hugging.

Its funny how you think the game engine/servers could handle position checking of 8 players in relation to hundreds of mobs dying, allocating their loot and expiration timer at the same time.

It already does take into account physical distance. This distance knowledge is part of the drop/no drop calculation in multiplayer. Please see Arreatt Summit to understand how D2/D2:LoD works.

1 Like

12 days. and the salt is getting worse and worse. i like it alot…

FFA LOOT is king

7 Likes

By not assuming it works one specific way, and then pick that imagined way apart.
If he had been serious he could have at least understood the scope of loot systems out there. Basically everything he “questions” already have been answered.

Imo, 1 screen, in the sense that if you can see the monster, you are eligible, otherwise not (and yes, UW players would have to get used to being able to see monsters at the edge of their screen, that they are not close enough to)
The above would make it fairly simple for players.

Though, if the game cant handle an additional range check, then the XP range could be used as a fallback.

1 Like

your entire reply is hyperbolic nonsense

1 Like

Or maybe the real nonsense is asking for a new loot system on the remaster. But thanks for your input.

Nah, the real nonsense is being against it without any real arguments to back it up nor knowing what is actaully being asked for.