Mrllamas take on "Pls put PLOOT"

All of you plooters should watch this, it brings up pretty much all the same things as so called “purists” have talked about.

As said before, ploot exists already, use a password or play singleplayer or go play D3.

102 Likes

I do play a lot of D3 and I do like ploot.

But come on, A game has much much more than just ploot or shared loot. I won’t quit just because of no ploot in D2R.

31 Likes

Nobody really care’s what Twitch streamers or youtube content creators (lol) think. These type’s of people make a living providing entertainment for teenagers. They have an over inflated opinion of themselves as it is lol

The only reason game devs contact them is to get some free exposure for their game.

Look at his face lol he’s having a great time clearly. I wonder who made him do that the poor guy :smiley:

40 Likes

Ploot in D3 works because it makes your build and playstyle viable in the early games and this makes the game more fun and playable for new players. Newer games need to hold on to players early on because people will not invest in games when they do not get satisfaction within the first few days. For the higher Rifts and Grifts you gonna farm mats and start the grind for Primal Ancients which still makes it a real grind. This system makes it so the game is playable early but you still need to grind.
D2 is build differently, You’re weaker for a longer time and it makes the game more “Hardcore” imo. Anyways, Ploot works in D3 but will not work in D2 without fundamental changes to the games (which will make it a whole different game). The game will be completely broken if you have Ploot. Everyone will run a high MF find item barb with zero dps. Leech for a couple of weeks and let the HR’s and end-game items roll in.

20 Likes

D3 is a horrendous Diablo game, and loot system is horrible for new players. You are a lucky man if you can play D3 now for more than 10 hours before getting bored. In fact, you are lucky if you can even find a game where people are playing the storyline.

64 Likes

He’s free to have his opinions, but it’s weird how people look at Twitch streamers as spokespersons. He does not represent the entire Diablo 2 community. He’s a single voice, just like everyone else.

People need to stop using Twitch streamers as authorities on subjects.

And Blizzard also needs to stop looking at Twitch streamers as representatives of their customers.

39 Likes

I’m not a fan of D3 but it did sell good. You’re looking at the game as a D2 fan? Which is wrong. Though I don’t like or play D3 anymore, Blizzard did do a good job with the game from a financial point of view.

3 Likes

I think you’re wrong.
Some of these streamers have been playing the game for 10k+ hours. So they know almost everything there is to know about the game.
These are people that should be listened to - not some forum whiners, that maybe did play the game 15 years ago and have no clue what the game is today.

33 Likes

To me, Diablo 3 is way better than D2 for loot system. D3 only loses in dark atmosphere.

Features in D3 deployed along the years were driven by gamers and the trend of the current and future.

Nobody plays story mode.

8 Likes

Of course it sold good, it had almost limitless good will from the playerbase.

14 Likes

This is an excuse.

The fact is, D3 suites the current generation and is a very good game.

It provides a game style casual people can enjoy everything without grind and another style where fanatics can keep improving to push higher leaderboard.

That is the current generation.

5 Likes

The last patch for this game was was in 2016 and it did this * Implemented Blizzard Error and System Survey to better troubleshoot crashes and assertions

The last patch where anything meaningful changed was in 2011 I think lol point is it does not matter if you still play it today or didn’t play for 15 years the game is pretty much the same.

4 Likes

It’s the poorest offering from the Diablo franchise we have had so far.

45 Likes

Fact says louder than baseless claim.

Early day D3 sales might be due to D2. Sales such as on console has absolutely nothing to do with D2.

Sales say how many people enjoy the game.

4 Likes

I bought the game based on the love for D2 I have.
But was very disappointed, with many things the game had to offer (or actual, what it didn’t offer).

12 Likes

Streamers who play the game for 10K+ hours are the extreme minority of players though.

The majority of people who will play D2R will not be playing it 12 hours a day, and personal loot benefits those people - people who can only log in and log out in maybe 2 or 3 hour spurts.

FFA loot benefits people who do nothing but play Diablo 2 all day long, so it makes sense people like Twitch streamers would prefer the FFA model. But they are the smallest of populations and it doesn’t make sense to steer the game toward the smallest of populations.

13 Likes

MrLiama plays way too more than me to represent my causal play style, so I stop watching his channel.

11 Likes

But staying true to what D2 is, which is build on top of the FFA model, is what this remaster is about. For better and worse compared to ploot model.

These streamers who do play the game many hours a day, still have a better knowledge of the game, then somebody who have played it a a couple of hours a week some years back.

I also think that harder games also have better longevity compared to easy games.
As long as the game is not something that is purely impossible, which D2 isn’t.

6 Likes

edit replied to wrong guy sry :P*

You lot are USING this guy. Fight your own battles.

Watch him in that video lol Clearly he does not want to be put on the spot like this.

Imagine if millions of people say F D2R over these issues and he’s been sitting sharing his opinion vindicating them. Thousands of fresh new people play and refund because of outdated junk they left in the game because of people like you giving the dev team the excuse to do half a job lol.

You guys will be fine and say stuff like “go play D3 or whatever” meanwhile blizzard loose a fortune and your man mrlama does too.

6 Likes

Keeping all this “outdated junk” in the game, is what a remaster is.
This is NOT a remake.

This is the all time greatest arpg and people are still playing it by the ten of thousands so many years after it got it’s latest official update. So something must be good enough with all this “outdated junk” that D2 has.

15 Likes