Forcing people to play your way

No it wasn’t. How quickly you figured what “oh wait…” is about, hmm…

No it is not, thats how premade group in FFA operate. Ploot is however bunch of people who want both exp and loot rather, than one, or another.

I spelled them multiple times over last month and so did many others. If you fail to grasp the point explained many times then odds are that one more explanation wont change anything. You also fail at understanding basic things - I am not the one asking for something, you are, therefore " If you want your point to be brought across, walk the walk."

1 Like

Free hand outs dont exist in ploot.
It is the same as you playing with your friends and agreeing to share loot. No free hand outs. Just people willing to share and enjoying each others company.

Your “free handout” mindset is elitist and not the kind of players who are going into ploot. Ploot is for people who respect their fellow partymembers and do not try to elevate themselves over them in a casual PvE game.

So you are saying premade groups in FFA dont get exp? You are saying they do not want loot and exp?
What the heck is your argument here?
You are literally saying people are doing the very same thing we are asking for. The only difference is that we are making it more accessable. QoL!
You just dismantled your entire point. Congratz.

Odds might also be that your point is just not that good.

Like you failing to accept that a mutual agreement is not free handouts but just a mutual agreement?

You are literally out of arguments. Just trying to shame ploot players while saying in the same breath that you are doing the very same thing in your games. Dishonest. Pathetic.

That is why we are here.

2 Likes

WoW doesn’t work like that.

If they had a toggle option to instantly get an enigma, do you think it would be good for the game? What about an option that increased drop rates for HRs by 10,000%? It’s optional so why not?! Let everyone play their own way and don’t toggle the option of you don’t want it!

That’s obviously a crazy example but now you can see why “options” aren’t always a good thing.

So, now to the point. Why do people want to force others to play by the original rules/understanding we all preordered for? The answer is implicit in your question.

Because we want to play a game that is closely similar to the original and options that split a player base will either change the meta everyone plays (I.e not like the original we preordered for) or “un level” the playing field we compare our progress against.

It’s not about you vs me, or us vs them. It’s about getting the version of the game that we know we will want. Only minor QoL is acceptable to make sure changes don’t disrupt that game we know and love.

Difference is, your examples are not balanced options. One makes you more powerful than the other. Resulting in a meaningless choice.

FFA and Timed Allocation Loot are balanced.

Separate servers preserves the original game. That is the only way to do that.

Agreed with your above first statement. But I don’t agree with separate servers being a good thing or preserving the original.

Let’s start with the fact that the original has been preserved, everyone can play D2 right now. I will not use that argument.

An ideal state of any game is to have a single robust community. Splitting it beyond the splits from the original are unacceptable to me. To give a good example, the split of WoW Classic to TBC killed Classic. Everyone gravitates toward the LCD which will be the “easier” game option. But that’s isn’t necessarily a good thing when you consider time.

Beyond the slippery slope fallacy of creating infinite separate servers to appease every small group of people, which leads to no fommunity existing happily.

You indicated multiplayer games with ploot would become better at farming loot. I said it wouldn’t be because drops will still average out.

I didn’t say the same thing as you. I’m not sure how you got that.

Because one gives you the option of FFA or ploot. If you don’t like ploot, then you don’t have to play ploot, but you can if you want. This is call having a choice.

You want to remove that choice by fighting tooth and nail against ploot. This is called not giving people a choice thus “forcing” a ruleset.

How are you lost by this?

You quite literally called it a “change you want”. I want people to have the option. I don’t personally want the change, but I want people to have the option if they want the change.

You really gonna try to play semantics here?

If your arguments had merit, I may not like it but it would be a valid argument. Your arguments have no merit. Me not liking it has nothing to do with it.

They were valid enough for other changes. Inclusiveness wasn’t a concern with gaming back then. It is now and have stated this fact.

The original PC closed battlenet community was split between 4 regional servers… D2R with global play eliminates that, resulting in the consolidation of he PC plaayerbase.

If you count, D2/D2:Lod had 32 splits on closed PC battlenet for many years.

2 games (D2 & D2:LoD)
4 regions
Ladder/Non-ladder
Hardcore/softcore

2 x 4 x 2 x 2 = 32

In D2R that number drops to 8. One additional split only get us to 16.

1 Like

So ploot + larger communities. Everybody win!

5 Likes

Because I’d rather not worry about having to spam click the ground the fastest after everything dies. This is a Diablo game, not an RTS APM game. Or even a PvP game.

It’s also a strawman because nobody has made the argument that options are always a good thing.

The argument is that the option for personal loot wouldn’t affect you if you wanted to play FFA.

Further, your argument presents choices that are clearly far apart in terms of power, whereas we’re not trying to make personal loot a better choice as a road to power. In fact, most of you seem to think personal loot would be quite the opposite, which kind of kills the need for your comparisons anyway.

I see. Did you make the argument against splitting the player base when you found out D2 would have hardcore mode, or when they added ladders? No? Then stop crying about player base splits.

Besides, if D2:R is as popular as some seem to think it’s going to be… you’ll have plenty of players regardless. If you don’t, then my guess is Blizzard will be taking other actions.

As for the comparing progress against others… please. This is an RNG based game that isn’t very difficult. There’s nothing worthwhile to compare because there’s no real measuring sticks.

As Micro said above, there are actually less splits, even if personal loot were added.

The reason classic BC killed classic is the same reason original BC killed the original. It’s progress, people flock to that. They want to be doing the latest stuff.

But personal loot isn’t an expansion, nor does it represent the potential for increased or more powerful character growth. So the comparison doesn’t really work.

3 Likes

I know, I love it. Moving in the right direction. But if you add toggles at game creation it doubles again (bad direction).

If at game creation, players can switch back and forth per their desires. This would not be a “hard” split like ladder versus non-ladder or softcore/hardcore.

4 Likes

Fair enough. You’re right it wouldn’t be a hard split of the player base.

I can’t convince myself that the player base won’t all lean towards a non-original ‘easier’ toggle. So if there is a toggle for ffa vs personal loot, I do believe that 99% of games will be made with personal loot. But that doesn’t mean that it’s good for the game.

Just like if there was a toggle for letting everyone teleport or for double loot drops, everyone would use that toggle, but it doesn’t mean it’s good for the health of the game. It COULD be good for the game, but I’ll take what is original and known over a significant change in the form of a toggle.

Just my thoughts. I’m not really hardcore against ploot, but I don’t think it’s worth a toggle.

I think it depends on the focus of the game.

Exp games like Ball runs, FFA would allow them to go full speed without loot timers

Questing games, ploot would be a little better since things tend to be a little slower so everyone gets credit with the kill.

1 Like

Again tell me when Blizz or any other company faithfully implemented a player’s suggestion with 100% accuracy. The only time that I can think of is City of Heroes. That game that has been shutdown since 2012 was the first superhero MMO. It had a regeneration power set as a secondary for tanker’s and scrapper’s. The last power in the set was called Moment of Glory. What that power done was overload regeneration to where instead of regenerating you had a high damage resistance and damage reduction. Kind of like switching regeneration for invulnerability. With only one weakness, psionic damage. After the damage resistance and damage reduction part wore off you were left with about 10% hp. Since you could start regenerating hp after the power wore off that left you vulnerable to other attacks as well. There wouldn’t be enough time to activate a health inspiration or anything else if you were hit after it wore off. I along with no doubt others suggested raising that to 25%. They done that but that is the only time I can remember where a dev actually implemented something that the players asked for as it was asked.

What you didn’t see anyone in this or any other thread like this one say, outside of me, if a boss drops 5 items then everyone else in the party will receive 5 items. This is the type of ploot they are most likely to implement. And the example is not mine but someone else’s.

Also there are other methods that are no doubt bad as well. Come on, it is only logical that any suggestion will always have some that are worse than others and you should know that. It would be impossible to find any suggestion where all of them or good or all players are asking for the exact same thing.

Doesn’t matter if you can choose to not use it. Its very existence is where the problem is. You already have other ways of getting loot that would be for you. But the problem is you probably want it where your account along with others like you and Shadout would have your accounts flagged. Then when you are playing with seven others they don’t get any loot at all. The only thing they get is the loot you don’t want, table scraps. After all that is the only way you could possibly see it as ploot. The only other way to make it more personal is to have you name on each and every piece of loot that drops.

Yes I know you want it where the loot only ever drops for you and only you. Where you and others are the masters and the rest of the party would have to beg the master to let them have the scraps from the table. Carry us to the phat loot.

Why not clear things up and say how you want others to play instead of letting everyone enjoy D2R the way it is now.

I think I was a little tired at that point and made the mistake meant to say solo mf.

What can’t take a bit of a hit in the loot department playing in a party with FFA where you would make new friends widening your circle of friends in D2R. I know I could do that if I wanted to. Because the one thing I would still be getting is experience. Of course if it is me I would have to make sure that I am not gonna get ganked.

I made a mistake you quoted earlier now you make a math mistake. 8 divided by 100 is .08. .08 times 100 is 8, meaning it is 8% not 12.5%.

I will go hunting for that later on. I know how to do that, it isn’t all that hard to do, just a little time consuming. That is unless he decided to delete it.

Remember there is no one definition that everyone agrees to. So some might say that D2R fits that definition right now. The purist wouldn’t agree because there have been changes. And I think the definition that you are using are the purist definition.

It is still loot that drops for your character. I am saying you are saying that since your character isn’t the only one getting the loot you have a problem with that. Where you and others like you would have games were your accounts would be marked the master. Where the seven other players would be getting the table scraps as far as loot goes.

You really believe that they will give it to you the way you or the majority truly want it. I think all of you are daydreaming if you believe that.

1 Like

You realize there are probably hundreds of thousands of examples for this?
It happens all the time. Blizzard themselves likely have thousands of such examples in WoW alone. Heck, in their latest 9.1.5 patch they have pretty much given up, and are just implementing whatever players have asked for.

Stop. Trolling.

1 Like

What is 53 eight percent of 100. I highly doubt that, but if the teacher taught you that then you better learn how to find the percentage of a given number. That is the easiest thing to do.

I still stand by my earlier statement that the likelihood of the devs giving the ploot exactly how the majority wants it is just a dream. They would no doubt choose the way that is the most fair and the easiest to do.

1 Like

This has been my contention. I even go further and explain my reasons in my post here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/what-console-news-means-for-ploot/45369

Now that it’s been restored after being flagged, you can tell me what you think there. But Blizz has made clear they want to do everything they can to “onboard” D3 players. That would mean everybody gets all their own drops Ploot.

Timed allocation would be confusing and difficult to implement. Players would see items on the ground they can’t pick up. How would you even label them? Either that or they would just magically appear after a few seconds. Neither method would be familiar to D3 players.

I. Cant. Even…

Make it stooop.

Grey them out until they are lootable.

How does that matter? D3 players are irrelevant.

2 Likes

There are 8 players max in a party. I divided by 8 equals .125, multiply that number by 100 you get 12.5 that is the percentage of 1 with the maximum number of 8. With 100 being the maximum number 8 is 8%. Eight out of a hundred is 8% not 12.5%.