End game patch 2.6.7

Right now Timer is saying something completely different and I believe him.

This is Completly wrong…
First: would it be completly hilarious if ANY Sort of HP or dmg Variables or calculations are done with an INTEGER Datatype.

An integer (from the Latin integer meaning “whole”) is a number that can be written without a fractional component.

If you dont know what an Integer is read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer
and then think again why it would be Stupid to have those Calculations/Variables stored as Integer

Second: Diablo is from 2012 with a Development by assumingly 5+ years.
at this time 64 bit wasnt common like today so the whole game is written in 32bit
Just imagine what will happen if a 32 bit Client gets a 64bit number back from the Server, yeahr right it would Crash…

So that was that now to the Floating Point Calculation, i did something:
I will just Copy here what i wrote in svr90´s Discord some minutes before.

I played around a little bit with the Floating Point Calculation (Further reffered as FPC) and Possible GR Cap raise
So the “Problem” with that is within the floating point calculation where you need to have a minimum amount of damage to even hurt the Mob/Guardian.

Here are some Calculations:

GR 150

So the Boss HP on 150 is 2.084.641.610.670.276.608
The Next Possible lower Number in FPC is 2.084.641.473.231.323.136
So you need a minimum amount of 137.438.953.472 damage in one Hit/Calculation to actually hurt the guardian
Everything lower than that amount will be calculated into 0 damage and the boss will stay at 100% HP

So i was calculating the Highest possible rift tier via known data and excel and i came up with a max GR tier of 446:
Boss HP on lvl 446 (based on my GR scaling calc some months ago: imgur.com/a/NnFredp

Possible Max GR

This calculated value is “wrong” because this number cant be represented by FPC, the number will converted and will actually be this:
or 3.1772141 x 10^38
The next lower possible number for that is: 317.721.390.857.593.357.080.660.274.041.778.601.984
or 3.177214 x 10^38
So you need a minimum of 20.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 or 2 x 10^31 damage in one Hit/Calculation to actually hurt the boss

With this knowledge i can conclude some things

Conclusion

So i think Blizz didnt actually raised the GR cap based on the minimum amounts of dmg you need to do to actually effect something.
Other problems with that, especially on Bosses:
Even with Stricken it could be possible that you dont deal increased dmg for a while because you dont exceed the minimum damage for the calculation (Boss can possibly stay 1 minute at 100% HP)

2 Likes

Timer, have you read this?

Yes and to be honest. i didnt found any graphs or something also it would be pretty hard to calculate that.

BUT i dont think that, if you can clear Rift Tier X-1 it will be a problem to clear or deal dmg on Rift tier X

So, we don’t have a problem at all since zDPS is no important here. This means current GR cap limit is a design choice not a technical limitation (as far as we don’t reach GR446).

OFFTOPIC: Btw how you hide the text above “GR 150; Possible Max GR; Conclusion”?

'[details=“Summary”]
This text will be hidden
[/details]

this without the ’ at the start will look like this:

Summary

This text will be hidden

Optionally, click on the “Gear” at the right of the emoji button and then on “Hide Details”

Cool

Very nice findings by you man!

1 Like

More cool stuff you can do (scroll down, past the Trust Level info):

[/off-topic]

LOL are you serious??? There are games companies out there with 1/10th of the incomings that these fuc.ers have that rewrote completely the engine of their games in less than 6 months. Stop try to justify these incredibly lazy, incompetent people.

you have basically no clue about Programming right?

and about the Complexity of Engines? and the difference between AAA Engines and small Indie Engines(If they even have one their selves they mostly use pre defined Engines aka Unreal)

TL:F uses such thing and it is great. A lot better than PoE.

i Actually had a small mistake in my Calculations, fixed it now

Thanks for clearing it out.

I just thought that HP scalling was enough to increase the cap even beyond 600.

I admit

I was wrong…

1 Like

if you changed the Scaling to like 1% and raised the Cap that would change nothing because at some point you will have thame HP Mobs as in 150 atm just not at 150 but at like 400

Wait, my mom told me that in the internet those words dont Exist!

2 Likes

I’m not a keyboard warrior and I have the guts to admit when I’m wrong.

1 Like

If you removed the bazooka build from the equation, would gr 150 be possible? What other trash clearer can do what this bazooka build can do?

Yes, Generator Necro has the dmg for that
Classic Starpact has also the dmg
Firebat WD maybe has it too

Then changing/nerfing bazooka would do nothing but change the meta to include another necro.

In terms of similar power? None. Are there others that can trash clear 150s?

LoD SB, LoD Firebats, LoD Generator Necro and as it seems for 2.6.7 W6 Rend also has the numbers and mechanics to do it :relaxed: There is plenty to pick from, however, the servers to clear on might not exist :wink:

1 Like

I truly wish it did, but unfortunately, it doesn’t. The rend buff is nice, but not enough to make gr 150 possible.