End game patch 2.6.7

Hey, the bestest game evah had a difficulty cap, why can’t this one? And what percentage of the playerbase is getting anywhere near GR135, let alone 150?

Gr135 pretty much,
150 Clear? around like 10% of ACTIVE players
150 in sub 7 minutes? maybe 1%

Honestly rather than increasing the max cap of GRs why not increase the EXP and Gold award for completing them.

Right now T16 is like GR75. Why not double or even quadruple the EXP and GOLD award for completing GR 76-150…

I would also suggest at least quadrupling the EXP and Gold award for completing Nephalem rifts at T10-T16 difficulties.

Same with Bounties on T10-T16 difficulties…

Once you're at 1200-1300 paragon level grinding paragons becomes extremely dull and exhausting if the highiest GR you can clear in less than 7 or 5 minutes is GR 100 and you only play solo and don't have almost all day to run GRs all the time...

This would greatly help all those who prefer to solo most of the time. Group players would gain paragons even faster, but at least solo players who don’t or just can’t play the game over 4h or even over 10h a day could finally reach highier paragon levels too.

For some people getting a highier paragon may be not important, but for others it is, especially if they can’t spend 6-10+ hours a day running rathma or meta groups each day…

I know this won’t ever happen, cause unfortunately “Not every voice matters” and it would require waaaay too much hard work to do it anyway…

Nothing will change. Even if they change, you will only complain again when you reach 6000 paragon and your xp does not increase as fast as before. This is completely useless and lazy.

Lmao, If I could earn 6000 paragon per each season or even 4000 I would be happy like a little kid who got what he always dreamed-of for his birthday…

What you just said makes completely no sense at all, unless you’re just one of those players who only ask for powerlevel, gear boosts in game and must play in groups (meta probably) all the time to get your gems upped or gain more Exp most of the time and just ignore others needs, because of whatever reason that suits you…

This is far from useless or lazy, this actually requires time and at least some effort, but it’s easier to do nothing at all.

It’s because of players like you we are lucky that we get anything at all. At least some new powers to legendaries or some random sets redesigned (added, which probably is a one time thing only) or buffs each new season, cause anything more is just lazy, stupid, useless or whatever you can come up with right? :roll_eyes:

Players who are perfectly fine with whatever the devs do whether they completely ignore us almost all the time or just don’t care about anything we asked for, because (another excuse incoming) D3 RoS is now in the hands of the classic team, which sounds like a death sentence for any game that is considered a classic apparently…

1 Like

Since you didn’t tell us any valid reason for your request, I suppose this is the real reason XD.

However, I leave you the opportunity to explain your point of view on this, but here I want you to explain WHAT WILL CHANGE if XP and its paragon are drastically increased. I’m waiting,

Seriously? What will change? Have you seen leaderboards? Most players in top 20-50 are way over 2000 paragon at least in the middle or near the end of the season. Most of them probably got it running group GRs most of the time or META groups, while everyone who prefers to solo is lucky to get 1200-1500 or maybe max 2000 per season (2000 only if they run in some META groups or rathma groups from time to time)…

With these changes if you solo most of the time you wouldn’t have to play the game over 6h-8h a day grinding GRs like a bot whether you play solo or in META groups…

The highiest possible GR clears are done with 3000-5000 or even highier paragons, which for solo players who don’t spend almost all day on grinding GRs is like a trip to Mars, just impossible to achieve…

Even if this change would allow players with limited time to play reach 2000 paragon as fast as they usually need to reach 1000 in whole season it would still be better than it is right now, but unfortunately you’ won’t get it anyway…

1 Like

If you are a casual player, you will NEVER be able to compete for the top spots.
Even solo players like Wudijo and Alkaizer play “like a bot” to keep up with everyone.

Even if XP solo is greater than XP 4P, you still can’t compete with dedicated players.

Therefore, what you ask for is completely meaningless, completely useless, nothing will change and you will remain behind.

It’s just Gasnick beating the SSF Dead Horse. His “I don’t like playing with people so Bliz should do something about folks who play more efficiently than I” schtick.

2 Likes

I disagree here. If solo players earned 30% more exp than group players, they would definitely have the advantage. I’ve been advocating for a solo exp buff myself. I made a whole post about it. Speed Run Diversity

3 Likes

I guess I really disagree with the whole “players want the 150cap removed” aspect.

First off, I have not seen that discussed much other than an in this post.

Second, what I have seen discussed is that the fact nobody can solo GR150, it leads to a sense of burnout rather than a true race to an end. It establishes time played > skill which is something NOBODY wants.

In the end, I feel that balance should be sustained at a point where GR140-145 solo is realistic, and clearing GR150 solo is possible, but only attainable by the best of the best. That would truly be an end game, and not just +5 main stat wins.

2 Likes

It has been discussed like 3 seasons ago when 150s became a joke. Now days none cares anymore because the only people who still play D3 are those hopelessly addicted who dwell dead games until the day it’s shutdown.

If XP solo was higher, dedicated players would play solo for XP, and group upgem. So yes, nothing would change and you would still have “disadvantage”.
And that would be MUCH worse, Botters would be extremely happy about that.

Any more objections?

Then why was D2 so big when there was an end game in site?

I think your notion is being over exaggerated personally, and most people want a solid well balanced end game, not infinite +5 main stat.

1 Like

How many decent online games were around in 2001?

First, why limit this to online games?

Second, I would wager just as many “BIG” games as there are now. Just look at neverwinter, everquest, terra, and ultima to name a few. But then there were massive titles like Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, etc…

There has never been a shortage of great games to play. So not sure I follow your logic here. Care to elaborate?

Ok dude, you just not worth my time. You don’t get the point and I don’t even know why are we discussing D2 here. The point is D3 revolves around an endless progression system that has an end, how stupid is that.

Okay, well then my comment stands.

Endless progression is a bad system that inflates the burnout feeling and caused people to leave years ago already. The GR150 cap is not causing many people to leave in comparison to the +5 main stat grind.

Most of us want to hit a plateau, not have endless content with no actual final accomplishment available to obtain.

The fun when there is an end in site is that you not only achieve it with the best, but you can start to attain it with more fun and whacky builds. That is what makes video games great, and sustains their playability through decades.

1 Like

Fix it so Bazooka Wiz isnt a thing an Nerf the hell out of the build. Having Gr150 endgame is fine just nerf the hell out of 100% of builds so its difficult but only acheivable with dedication. Endless Power creep isnt the answer.
Giving players Gr1000 would just end up in the same discussion of why cant I do GR1000 , other bulds can … cry cry cry.
Increasing the CAP without seriously adjusting the problem with power creep will just result in the same issue. NERF OP builds IE MacroPact. Change XP for Solo and 4 Man arnt so overwhelmingly different. That would be a ncie place to start

3 Likes

GRs and Paragon are bad game design but there’s no turning back from that. You got do play with what you have, and this GR cap is killing the fun for a lot of people. The last season I played I got to do a 150 in less than 3 weeks, and after that had zero motivation to keep playing the game for a better timer. Either one of two things has to happen, GR cap removed or a massive number squish.