G150 ceiling cap bad idea

You are right, raising the difficulty will not solve anything, but there are already many people who have already reached the maximum (150) and need a new challenge.

Well … you yourself speak of one of the problems that this will solve.

After some time in the season, a good part of the players stop, because they have nothing else to do, they have good items, gems in the cap, caldesan in the cap and the only thing that remains infinite is XP.

The situation in NS is MUCH worse. Imagine that most NS players already have everything, they are limited to a cap of 150, they can no longer compete as before (much earlier), they can’t get their gems up, they can’t even progress their caldessans. NS is dead, there is no incentive that existed before we reached the cap, it is sad.

Your challenge is in beating GR150 faster. If you say that’s a lower skilled challenge than pushing I’d agree with you. In fact when Challenge Rifts were introduced (even when they were announced) I warned that fast times snapshots aren’t competitive and this will kill the mode. No one heard.

What they can do now (as a semi-optimal fix) is to uncap either Season or NS. The optimal fix is to improve the Challenge Rifts mode with tier progression at least so those that want to measure their pushing skills move there.

However, none of these would be done since the only thing worth coming back regarding D3 are its forums.

Use a non-meta build and see how far you can get. That’s one of the original main attractions of D2 and other ARPG: Create new builds and push them as far as you can.

Bigger numbers won’t solve anything. We’ve seen them do similar and offer bigger rewards for those new ‘difficulties’, and all it did is cause outcries for buffs to sets so farming builds ‘are not punished’. That trivializes the new difficulty and we’re back at square one.

Instead of bigger numbers, they need to create new, different challenges for players. instead of just rehashing GR all over again, create a new game mode that is not just a cheap knock-off of GR.

I like the idea of cutting dmg, it would give meaning to GR levels between 25 and 100, right now those levels are just a waste of time. Before you could do 5 GRs of gem leveling before challenge kicked in, now must do 20 mindless runs before dropping your speedbuild.

Do you really think the culprit was the infinite scale ???

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Are we talking about D3?

That would be interesting too. But imagine that the whole dmg scale was reduced to GR levels between 80-100, in NS for example, players with 10k paragon, gems 150 and caldesan, would be 100% invincible for new players, as they would never have their gems, caldesans and mainly comparable level of paragon.

Partially, yes. That and the demand for moar rewards in the higher difficulties. Infinite scale is definitely not the answer.

Yes, yes we are. GR being set up as the ultimate end game was a bad idea the day they thought it up.

The real culprit was the old devs for listening to requests for buffs and more unnecessary buffs … If we were still with the same buffs from years ago, even with 10k paragon we would still be a long way from the GR110 in 4p.
The fact that there is an infinite scale does not automatically oblige the devs to buff the builds infinitely, the infinite scale of GR never served this purpose. If some players ask for buffs, just ignore them, simple.

Bro, there will be no new game modes for D3. This is the reality of this game, you can only ask for improvements in the existing game modes.

In addition, removing the cap will not prevent you from continuing to play with your favorite build, you can still “see how far your build can go”.

If the cap is removed
Players will be able to push by level.
Players will be able to push for time.
Players will again be able to up their gems.
Players will be able to up their caldessans
Players will have (slow) progression after the endgame in addition to XP
Players will always have “something” to do.

The game must NOT end, this has ALWAYS been the proposal of Paragon and GR’s.

The game isn’t ending with a cap on GR. It’ll still exist.

As to everything you list, it’s nothing different. The numbers are getting bigger is all that is changing, whoopity doo. There’s no change in anything that is gameplay altering.

More numbers is not an improvement, it’s a bandaid they slapped on so many times the old ones underneath have rotted out and infected the wound all over again.

Numbers are part of an arpg game since the first Diablo. If so, then remove all buffs, remove passives that only serve to increase power.
Numbers are not just numbers, there is ALWAYS a scale of power, be it fast or slow.
If numbers are nothing, then just stay on GR 1, just stay in “normal” mode, don’t upgrade your gems and never go beyond paragon 800 because “they are just numbers”.

I think a “band aid” is much more consistent in the situation of this game than a “New game mode”

I had a character that did exactly this. 0 gem upgrades, 0 augments, 0 set bonuses, 0 paragon. More fun to play that most of the other class builds I tried and deleted. Had more fun playing that character than I did running GR with a character with bigger numbers.

Numbers are part of an ARPG, up to a point. Just because numbers are used is no reason to make them go infinite.

as to a bandaid being consistent… You’re right. It consistently didn’t fix anything in Diablo 3 each time they used power creep bandaids.

So here’s the point, you don’t want to play the game as it was designed. Is this definitely an “unusual” way to play an ARPG … without increasing power? You know that when you go from 1-70 you get a gradual increase in power, right?
I think you’ll have to delete the entire game LOL …

Simple, increase to 200 the cap, the paragon apparently has a limit of 20k. Then we will have a “Limit”. Happy?

There’s also no reason not to be .

You are just using the team’s lack of competence to balance the game to corroborate your words …

No, I’m not happy because that still doesn’t fix any other issues.

There’s also no reason to put the time to do it that could be used to fix other issues instead. That’s why.

It proves my point. They boosted numbers several times in the game and it didn’t magically solve a thing. Why would it now?

Yes, it will do. Just because it will not solve YOUR problems, does not mean that it is not important.

Other problems are being fixed, and it is 100% confirmed that they will add more variety of builds as was said and everyone already knows.
However, this does not prevent from adding this project which is also part of the original project of this game and that was corrupted by the massive powercreep.

It just proves that you don’t even understand your own “argument”.
You insist on using the old devs’ error as “proof” that the infinite scale “doesn’t solve anything”
It doesn’t solve anything just for you, simple.

On that note, just because it might solve your problem with the current GR cap doesn’t mean it’s important. I guess we can run this circle of logic around until the cows come home.

GR was never part of the original project of this game. It was added much later in the game. But I imagine you knew that.

I’ll give a quote that summarizes this:

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

Leaving the GR cap instead of power creeping yet again just doesn’t solve anything for you, simple.

Enjoy the game your way, if you don’t want to play GR, don’t play, it’s that simple. But people want more challenges, something higher than gr150 is necessary and also something higher than t16. You are paragon 1000, you would not understand this.

I understand just fine. Perhaps you lack understanding for my point of view because you’re too focused on paragon.

Let’s bring something else up to show this up: while some D3 players are clamoring for bigger numbers on their gems and GR# with literally nothing new, Grim Dawn just added 30 new “monster infrequent” items to hunt down to that can lead to exciting new builds for all the classes that are on par with existing builds, and this isn’t too long after they released a huge update for monster totems to spawn powerful mobs to battle and actually fixed tons of issues in the game and continue improving itemization and game balancing.

Crate understands what a lot of players want, and it’s just not a means to infinitely bloat character power vertically, but rather having a diverse means to build characters and make use of the items they find in the game.

This circle always occurs when someone initiates it, let me guess who said that removing the cap “would not solve anything”.
In addition, you continue to ignore the fact that the core of this game revolves around it.

Imagined correctly. But something you forget once again is that we are not talking about vanilla. Unless you want devs to downgrade just for you. The point is, GR are part of this game, and almost everything revolves around it.

Just accept … GR’s, infinite scale are part of the core of this game. While other people are asking for improvements in this core, you are asking for “new game modes” in a game that no longer has a major development, that I consider insanity.

And it won’t solve anything just for you, simple.

The answer is simple my friend, you are STILL thinking that this game is like a GD and PoE, which still has people actively working on its development. Do you think the programming in this game is easy and optimized? Didn’t you understand that asking for “New game modes” is something completely unreal? People ask for this type of “content” em D3 because:
1º That will be the only thing we will have until the end…
2º Everyone knows that resources are limited, so they ask for improvements in what we already have.
3º They understand that the core of this game, everything that was built in it, was thinking on an infinite scale.

Do you really think that we will have a long lasting and complex system as in GD and PoE?

Do not make me laugh…

Blockquote cknopp

316 posts

Feb 17

Re: 64 bit integer limit.

Technically, they could just add a non-regen wizard shield to monsters above GR 150, and start scaling that up to the limit as well.> Blockquote

Actually the limit would be around G458 without using inline cloud modular based gaming!

The technical cap is GR 446 however: