Did the devs invite us to use JSP?

Yeah, this is just not at all how trading works in d2.

I know because I had 3 brothers and many people IRL that all played, and afaik was the only person who had a jsp account. I would often be given items they didn’t want to trade for them, it was far, far faster to quickly alt-tab, make a post, and go back to farming.

I honestly can’t tell if you’re being serious here, anyone who has used jsp can see how much smoother it is than making a game with 1 trade name.

If what you’re saying is true, there wouldn’t be thousands upon thousands of trade posts on there. And no, it’s not just high end items, even 40pgems are way easier to find/offload on there than on d2bnet.

There is no question in the efficiency. If you have not used it to trade, it is really hard to take you seriously, as you have no experience with it.

1 Like

Maybe in time when population on bn was a lot lower than when i played.

It was fast in my time.

This was early 1.10+, at the height of popularity if you exclude 1.09.

Bnet was at its (almost) busiest, and it was still way, way easier to find the trades you were looking for on jsp.

Often when you made a trade game, no one would join, or they would offer other things than what you needed, etc.

Jsp was a lot more straight forward.

I played in that time and i dont remember people using jsp that much, it was quite new back then if i remember it well. There was many trade games created and it wasnt that hard to trade items in games directly.

2004-2007 was very busy for jsp…there were trade games but it was dominated by fg, even the games often had FG in the names by then…it was all over the place, at least on East and West. You’re Czech, right? I have no idea if fg was popular on EU at that time, but it dominated majority of trades by then in NA.

Well, that might be reason yeah.

1 Like

Trading is important to me. I enjoy it as a core aspect of Diablo 2. I am hoping for an official Trading Forum on the Battle.Net forums like we had on the old forums. I spent many hours there looking for gear for specialized characters. Even with a small group of friends playing with me and trading with me I need the added loot gathering power of a much larger group of players in order to get the things that I need and some way to arrange trades beyond the hit or miss method of searching for trading games in the chat windows and channels.

Totally disagree. I like the social element of trading through the channels. I like catching text, msging someone, participating in the marketplace when I have something to sell. Usually doesn’t take very long. Social, soooocciiiiaaalllll!

2 Likes

no we dont… its a remaster, wait for diablo 4 then and dont buy D2R.

Just make a game with the item you need or want and people will see the name in the game list, or you could search for a game with the items you need or want to sell… really a non issue

1 Like

And this Is why everyone uses d2jsp for trading :slight_smile:

1 Like

AH is horrible. We’ve seen it on D3 and it’s pure garbage. Both the real money AH and gold AH.

The thing with d2jsp is that FG is a currency with value which allows for faster and easier trades compared to ingame trades. D2 had no currency except for SoJ’s and HR’s but their value is too high for mediocre items. Anything below that is hard or time consuming to trade so it’s easy to get on d2jsp, put up a new thread, go to bed and wake with numbers of offers.

The biggest problem is the possibility to buy FG with real money or get FG by trading in other games. This means that the economy is manipulated by other games and with real money. For me, the cost of an enigma is maybe the same as an hourly earnings. After weeks of farming the choice to keep real money out of the game will become harder. At that point every choice is both a bad/dumb choice and a good choice.

I can only see a good alternative if there will be a currency that is used only for trading. But in order to give it value it should be simular to blood shards and/or mats in D3. it has an x % drop chance and is needed by a vendor for certain things. But that might be a thing for D4, not for D2R.

Any trade in game is preferable to outside of the game and it should only take place with in game objects, not real money. A flexible system where any in game object or combination of objects could be set at the ‘price’, perhaps also multiple options for trade per item.

1 Like

Too many idealists in this thread. You guys might be nostalgic about making a game and waiting an hour for the perfect trade, only to find out noone wants to part with the item you want for the specific piece of gear you have, or maybe the stats are too low, etc.

The point is that people are using jsp because it is numerous times as efficient as this method, even though some of you may like the game-method.

We still need a more efficient place to trade, even if you yourselves are going to be inefficient traders, because you find that fun.
If we do not, JSP will remain the #1 place to trade, without question.

4 Likes

This is the issue here. The fact that some people think this is okay for a game, is why D2jsp became so prevalent. Top players will always find a better way to trade, right now we use discord and jsp…if I had an option that was even half decent in-game, I would prefer using that. The great thing about global servers, is that an in-game trading post could have linked items, then people from Korea who do not speak english could better trade with people from North America, with less of a language barrier.

This aspect is something that even jsp doesn’t have, so it could really help people in a way that jsp doesn’t currently. They can screenshot items on there, but making it a quick post system with linked items would make it far better for many items than jsp.

In-game does not have to mean people have to search for and join your game, it could be an auction house/trade post area where everyone was visible at the same time…heck ppl could even stand outside screaming their offers. :stuck_out_tongue:
Guess people could also find groups there…hmm, I’m not sure about that, could be too much…

While I think we all agree there would be a great improvement, this change isn’t some small task.

I honestly was fine with how D2 handled trading and was not fine with how D3 handled it. This would be a no changes for me…

1 Like

D3’s RMAH had a bevy of problems. First item drop rates were tied to items in the world, items in the world for the most part are just being continually flipped in the RMAH until it priced out average humans and left nothing for people to find.

We won’t know more until they release information on their battle.net testing period. I hope for improvements in trade but not a centralized trading depot like RMAH, or if like RMAH with a ton of safeguards and lockouts and limits on reselling items just purchased to flip. Middle men boosting value aren’t as bad as cheaters technically but I hate them just as much for what they do to trading while adding no value.

1 Like

Personally I feel like they need to bring back chat channels that include clans, etc. With OP, so you can ban and kick and people can freely join like on Classic Battle.net. The remaster of StarCraft is able to login to Classic Bnet and both interact with classic and current 2.0 bnet.

I feel like it was a big part of what made the community so awesome to begin with and then the new battle net client came and stripped that away and forced us to use an AOL Buddy List to talk with friends and it feels impossible to make new friends or build a guild, etc as opposed to how it did on the classic battle net.

Although I know that they’re starting fresh so it wouldn’t make sense to put it on classic battle net, it would still be nice if they implemented features similar to that and then made it so all of the games across all platforms could interact like they could in the original bnet.

My point sort of segways into this topic, such that it made it easier to interact with people and trade items and build a community around it and use the items as currency versus just having to do it when you meet people in games.

End rant.

A more officially efficient method of trading

How will trading work?

RMT & D2JSP - Big problem - Please read

Can we talk about what Diablo 2 is actually missing? (Trading)