Did the devs invite us to use JSP?

Taken from interviews, the devs have stated that trading “will be the same”

We all know where the majority of trading has taken place in the last 15 +years, was this the dev’s way of condoning and inviting players to trade on a third party site?

If not, they should probably clarify publicly that they are building their own trade website, or in-game infrastructure, otherwise people will obviously take this as a clear sign they are just fine with the state of trading as it has been for 15 years.

Personally, I would love for an in-game trading post (not trade channels, those are antiquated garbage, they need to be searchable) so that we don’t have to alt-tab to do our trading.

4 Likes

we’ll get trade channel so everyone spam. no fliter nothing lul.

1 Like

+1 to in game trading auction house.

I don’t like JSP. Mainly because it is flooded by bots trading and I hate to be part of it.

3 Likes

I’m statistically likely closer to the end of my life than the beginning, there is zero chance I will go from channel to channel spamming a trade everywhere, and even less chance of me making an 8p game waiting for a specific trade, though I do have nostalgia of the early 2000s and doing just that.

Very few of us have time to sit in an in-game channel spamming trades. I would argue it’s a huge QoL thing, but I am surprised they didn’t mention any plans for it. Sure, maybe they’re holding back the big reveal, but I got discouraged when they said “trading will be the same” …I sure hope not.

1 Like

My understanding of the dev, is that right now they simply have no time and resource to work anything other than getting initial version out. They have no time currently to work on in game trading utility.

Underlying, they have priorities and I can understand that. Let us hope this will be a feature in the future.

Before that, well, I just don’t trade elsewhere and only trade with my clan. other people may still heavily use JSP.

trading will be same. i suggested AH but people didnt like it cuz it will make the game too easy. if there is no easy way of trading, everyone is just going to buy item from botters.

Ya that worked so well for d3

4 Likes

I won’t propose for D3, I just propose for D2R. D3 is a completely different game and each game need to be played differently.

1 Like

A real money auction house where Blizzard makes a cut of every sale and an auction house where items are offered for other items are two completely different things.

2 Likes

The hole AH was crappy

1 Like

I didn’t buy D3 at release specifically because of the RMAH,
but that doesn’t discount that auction houses or forums work wonderfully
well for plenty of games.

1 Like

good luck control+v spamming ur item in trade channel or sitting in 8p room waiting for trade LUL. ull be begging for ah or just end up buying enigma from botters.

I never used jsp. Nothing will change for me. I refuse to use site which support cheating. I will trade in games just as in past.

9 Likes

It’s just a forum. You can still trade on JSP without ever having 1 FG to your account. People use it to find PvP games, even people who don’t use FG.

its called making a trade game of the item u are trading. was not that hard to do back in the day

1 Like

was u even a diablo 2 player?

I will have found several tradeable uniques or rares within a few days…this is an extremely inefficient way of trading…it’s fine if you want to trade this way, but you will be much, much poorer and have objectively worse characters than people who trade efficiently.

1 Like

It is 2021 and we deserve better efficiency.

2 Likes

I can tell u did not play a lot of d2 back in the day. u can trade just fine that way.

1 Like

Named after diablo 2 bot program, created by person who programed that bot. No thank you :slight_smile:

And using special currency which can be bought by real money or by other stuff in different games is also cheating.

I hope it will be closed for good before release.

4 Likes