How will trading work?

How will trading work?

Game looks amazing, increased stash space and other UI improvements are awesome. The game looks amazing. But I’m curious if we will be able to trade with other users or have a marketplace to search for items?

The game looks amazing btw.

10 Likes

I feel trading needs to exist and character binding needs to not exist. but i think i heard they don’t want trading. but we all trading is a HUGE part of the community build up.

23 Likes

Auction house but heres the catch. The listing fee for an item is x1 players ear PER item. So if you want to utilize the auction house, you must PvP or trade for player ears from PKers.

EDIT: j/k I have no idea. The trading does require a large time investment for listing items on some forum as well as coming to a price. It’s old school. I would guess it depends if they want to keep that old school trading method or introduce a more QoL type system.

An auction house wouldnt work because gold isnt really worth anything in D2. It would need to be some form of Barter House.

BARTER HOUSE UI could be something like this:

You post any item. The item stats can be viewed by the buyer. The seller has a drop down window with a list of various tradeables such as: uniques, runes, perfect gems, etc…

Example: I post a god tier rolled rare item and I will accept EITHER

x1 Jah Rune
x5 Pul Rune
x2 Shako (Harlequin Crest)
x100 Perfect Gems

And the buyer can select from the list of items to choose what he buys the item with.

8 Likes

auction house is a tough topic. Since blizzard tried it in D3 and then decided to completely delete it, makes me strongly believe it will just not happen.
also i think there wont be much modifications to the game in general, i guess they want to keep most things of D2 and just mainly upgrade the graphics

3 Likes

I support old-school trading with pub games! For me, 3rd party trading sites (you know what I’m referring to) are one of the culprits for D2 exodus over the years. No meaning to ladder resets since people can build a godly char within a day of ladder.

13 Likes

I suppose old school trading. Auction house doesn’t seem fit for this older game style.

7 Likes

I’m perfectly fine with old school trading but I would love to see a nice trade chat UI in the main lobby. Possibly with a way to link items from your character in the trade chat lobby itself.

8 Likes

It was stated that it would be the old school trading.

12 Likes

Forums and trading games ex : Ist for arreats, join my game bring arreats get your ist gg

1 Like

Old school trading please! Its so thrilling to find trades in public games.

11 Likes

I just read that some features players will be able to opt out of if they desire. Diablo II trading was built by the community and the market shaped out of that. There was no Auction House. If D2: Resurrected has an AH, that would kill it for me. No thank you.

3 Likes

Official Blizzard trading forums for finding ingame trades and trading for ingame items/runes are quite a popular and nice thing to have, i believe we actually had dedicated d2 trade forums years ago if im not mistaken

3 Likes

It won’t have an Auction House. Do not fear on that front. The changes they have made are minor and most of the few they made, have an optional toggle like gold pickup.

Trade will be the same, or similar, to current D2. They were not exactly specific about it. I need to carefully rewatch it or find a transcript.

6 Likes

How will trading work?

Someone will inevitably build a website where people can post and search for items. There will also be Discord groups for trading, I’m sure. This D2R forum should get a trade section, too.

1 Like

Yeah if we take any lessons learned from PoE, discord and trading sites will be a thing. Which I’m totally okay with having. D2 should stick with the old school trading style.

3 Likes

So basically, casual gamers will almost never wield any gear that they haven’t found themselves, or if they game with RL pals they would probably share stuff.
I can count on my hands the number of times I’ve traded in all my years on D2. Which started, for me, with the server stress test of act 1 barbs only.
My vote is for a gold based limited time AH.

old school style trading. Make a Game with Your Trade Request

3 Likes

Option 1: create a game titled WTB or WTS x item.
Option 2: join trade chat and look for items there using your keyboard

There may be other options but that’s likely how it will go. I remember back in the day people would make a game titled “Trading Post” and people would come in and youd just show each other what you had for sale, or use chat to discuss what you’re looking for, etc.

Keep Diablo 2 trading the way it always was.

2 Likes

There will be websites with filters that match people for trades

I could see them enhancing the channel interface to have things like a sort/filter feature for trades in the channel so it’s not a blur of text like the original.

But yeah, trading must stay. It’s one of the best parts of the game!