Diablo II Resurrected Beta Question/Blizzard Support

I’ve been curious about the beta phase, will the Beta be like the alpha and only last a few days or will it last around a week?. since there are 2 phases (one being a closed beta for early access pre-orders and one for all players in the open beta), I’m wondering how long the beta will be overall.

Also, I would like to take the time to give a thank you to Blizzard. From old school fans of Diablo II and newcomers alike we all appreciate the hard work and dedication towards this remaster and can’t wait to experience Diablo II once again.

I’d also like to thank PezRadar (Blizzard Community Manager) for confirming Diablo II Resurrected will not be delayed and they will have more news soon.

20 Likes

Right now all we know is that it’s coming out sometime this month. I would guess the beta would be about a week long which would give the team about a month to work out any last minute kinks before release.

3 Likes

There will be two phases as you noted. Think of the phases as different weekends as typically that is when most people can play and we really need to stress things with MP being involved.

Stay tuned.

51 Likes

Different weekends? Again? Good lord I hope the betas arent 3 days each like the alpha was.

7 Likes

I’ve been really impatient waiting for the beta to start and just tonight the Xbox store page updated with an estimated file size of 23.1 GB when it was still at the placeholder 280.1 MB or whatever just a few hours ago. Very good sign!

3 Likes

Thank you for the update, man we are all so hyped for this!

4 Likes

Betas primary goal is trial and error for the devs, that we get to play the game is only a sideeffect :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

You guys…
For such a well known and big company your planning and mostly communication are a bit lacking…

4 Likes

Well you have to give us time to prepare, and not go at it as “The beta starts tomorrow, think fast!”
We should know the schedule at least a week in advance, and the client should release for download sooner than launch.

10 Likes

Two weekends huh. Well at least I don’t have to pull sickies at work.

5 Likes

So it can be pirsted again? Sooner than beta test start? No thank you.

Well yeah it would be nice but they are not doing it for us, they do beta for them for testing, its not done so we can enjoy playing. Honestly i want it tomorrow, i dont need to prepare :slight_smile:

3 Likes

stress test good luck getting into the server

4 Likes

Thats what tress test is for lol.

4 Likes

Stress test 404 error log in diablo 3. Kappa

2 Likes

Developing software is complex task, there are a lot of things that can happen due to development. I understand them for not talking about exact date of beta release, because its beta, it is mentioned for testing, fixing and polishing issues for the release. It is better to have beta where we can connect and play normaly, for that reason they need to be sure that the beta is ready to go. Let them take their time and be patient. If this missinformation is happening to the official release date, there we have a problem. You gonna ask why we have problem, because they are runing out of esstimate :slight_smile:, but it is happening some times.

2 Likes

Is this on the D2R page itself? I don’t have Xbox store so I am unsure of the layout.

1 Like

So when I uninstall the beta from my Xbox and go to reinstall it on my console, it still shows the 280MB as the size on the store page. But after I install it on my console and then go to the page, it says the approximate size is 23.1GB, even though it will only let me pre-install the placeholder file. I was hoping by uninstalling it and reinstalling it would give me the whole file :sweat_smile:

And this is also on the D2R Beta page on the Xbox store, not the D2R retail page. Although, I did notice that it updated randomly a few days ago estimating that at least 97GB was going to be needed for the install of the retail game.

3 Likes

So finally a new blue post and as usual no new information… I guess we are happy to see the blue is still alive…

2 Likes

PezRadar putting in the hours. Thanks for breaking it down. Been a long wait for this. Hopefully all goes smoothly on launch.

5 Likes

What a bummer…its only for the weekend now? You should have said that on the Preorder page. Some of us are busy on weekends right now, I was hoping it was going to be a week long at least. Typical Blizzard.

6 Likes