Diablo 4. I Do Not Want to bump into other players

This is my biggest concern now (probably because so many other things are not clear yet). If I can only have 1 request for Diablo 4, it’s gonna be this.

I do not like that feeling at all. Diablo series is all about this one hero or one naphalem saving the world .

But that is only part of the point point,the main thing is, I do not like at all the feeling of seeing other players when I wanna play SP. It also can ruin my build when others are around (see the example situation/build below)

Give me an option to never bump into other players unless i invite them to join my game.

I do not want to meet some random strangers who then goes into killing mobs for me, following me/doing things i don’t want them to do… Give me the choice if I don’t want any of these.

This MMO- stuff doesn’t belong here. If I want that I go play an MMO, not diablo.

Why is not much people talking about this? I believe any Real Diablo fan will have problems with this issue.

This might affect my gameplay as well. Read the example situation below

For example, I see a barb skill “Rupture” , which will reset the cooldown when I kill monsters with it, and Master of Arms talent, which makes using fury skills don’t cost fury after using Rupture. And A “ultimate” talent which doubles fury cost and increase the damage a ton on fury skills.

So with a build in mind, I would use rupture on low HP mobs and reset my cooldown and get a free fury spender attack (which have double the fury cost!)on a higher HP mob(or elite), then find another low HP mob and rupture again and repeat. Or Lure/hook the low HP mob nearby a high hp mob, rupture him, then kill him + damage the elite/high hp mob simultaneously with a AOE spender Like HOTA, then lure/hook some more whites near the elite and repeat the process etc.

If there is someone else killing the whites mobs too fast for me, this will ruin my whole gameplan (which is made worse since this build doubles my fury cost to absurd amounts, without Rupture I am really missing a lot!)…

There is a tempo to this build, I need to lure/hook one (white)…then kill it…hook/lure another one…kill it… and so on. If someone (imagine an uninvited guest coming to ur house :slight_smile:) comes and AOE blast all the whites and only the elite is remaining, my build/momentum is messed up.

See? people coming to me when im minding my business can ruin my build and my momentum …And this is just one example.

EDIT: This is NOT a request for Offline mode, that is a completely different request. Don’t confuse this request with that.

145 Likes

I’m hoping there’s an opt out and SSF.

17 Likes

SSF is too far fetch for blizzard…be realistic. Not much point in bringing that up cause it is basically impossible to happen.

Altho I would be happy if it did happen, very2 unlikely tho after seeing their interviews and knowing blizzard.

Not bumping into other players is not something as big as SSF( at least for blizzard). Please this need to be made into an option in the game.

4 Likes

I would hope that they give the option for the game to be 100% solo or, better yet, for the game to have an offline mode.

I feel like they wont, but it’d still be great if they did.

28 Likes

They are talking about something somewhat similar but different thing than me…it’s not the same.

they want an offline mode.

I want to just not being able to bump into other players. Cause i know offline mode is too far fetched for blizzard, damn even SSF is kinda far fecthed, let alone full offline mode, that is never gonna happen.

All i want is, not bumping into other players EVER if i choose not to. It’s different from offline mode (which deep down we know never gonna happen)

I like how Diablo 3 does it currently, even tho group play gives a lot more progress, I can play completely solo if I want to, and I am fine with it (with the less progress) , as long as I don’t bump into other players unless I invite them.

15 Likes

It’s not solo though, it’s an inhabited world of players, it doesn’t matter if you’re playing solo they don’t have systems that can handle 4 players in Diablo 3 and this is a horrible idea which will limit the games competitiveness and shelf life.

This is terrible and the single reason I probably won’t play Diablo 4 because it will stutter and lag, and that won’t be able to be handled long term. Diablo 3 lagged, desynsed, and stuttered for months and made people leave.

Gameplay is the most important part of an ARPG, especially if they want esports, competition, or player buy in - and quality won’t exist unless it’s in player control.

I am so disappointed with Blizzard for this absolute and narrow view, and it’s so contrary to what the community wants.

4 Likes

This has already been discussed among the forums throughout several threads, some of these threads are:

It’s fine if you want a way to hide and/or avoid other players in Diablo 4, but know that you’re not the first nor the last to ask for such a thing.

1 Like

She said that But I will bump into other players in World bosses for example. So how is this really 100% solo or “private”? false advertisement?..

4 Likes

If you’re gonna say that, then what’s the point of the Devs asking for feedback? It defeats the purpose right? They asked us feedback cause they wanna hear what we have problems with. If they don’t wanna hear about it, why do they ask us feedbacks in the first place? For them to say “yeah I hear you, but I think you should just not play this game then”?

Here’s my feedback,… oh you don’t like it? then don’t play it…lol.

You may not have a problem with it, But I do, and I see some other people does as well, like the first quote in Oblivion post after quoting me, and others players as well. So this is an issue for some of us players.

And I am not asking for offline mode, I am asking for a REAL solo mode (basically what diablo 3 already give right now). She even says the mods supports “private” mode, but in reality it is not what we players deem as “private”

9 Likes

“Great maybe if you complain loud enough they will change the entire system, and we will have the game in 2027”

Lol you are overreacting bigg time here, she even said herself in the interview, that the game is playable Solo.. I am not asking for a big change, it has been stated.

No such thing as needing to change the entire system. It’s just something as simple as making other players invisible even if they are there and you cant interact with them (like other player’s pets in diablo3 maybe?) and make world bosses soloable.

I am just asking her to really be legit with her Already Made statement that the game is playable solo . Cause currently, it is not, due being able to see other players and other players killing the world boss together, how is that “private”?

I am realistic too, that is why I never asked for SSF and Offline mode.

But how is it not realistic to not having to see other players? it’s couldn’t be that hard, maybe make the other players invisible even if they are there and you can’t interact with them in any way as well(like other players pets in d3 now) and nerf world bosses base on how many people are beating the boss down? It’s very realistic and practical to be implemented.

Tell me how this is not realistic?

If i am not a realistic person I would have already jumped into the wagon and join the other “offline mods” and “SSF” party, but I am realistic, So I don’t.

1 Like

Change everything? Again you are overestimating what I am saying.

It’s the same game, you just cant see other players, period.

It’s nothing game-changing or “change everything” or some bullcrap like that, it’s just a simple change, it’s the same game.

With this option on, other players becomes invisible. SImple , not even close to “change everything” or as big as you are trying to make it out to be.

If I ask for offline mode, then yes, that term “change everything” might fit, but if you say this is “change everything”, it makes you sound dumb.

1 Like

Maybe they will. They did change the “attack /defense” slighttttly (making them appear on weapons/armor respectively and never on jewelries etc afaik)… Then they added “lagendary power” recipi that can be added to rares or something when people say they want rares to be relevant in end game.

So In a way, they already listened to some.

If you are with me, and some others, it seems there are quite a handful of players that wants this (who speaks about it, not counting those who does not). It might end up in the game.

true, me too, but;

i would love to see 3 of my own characters as 3 followers, with all their powers…as a solo Nephalem with his 4-man MP team (1 human and 3 AI)

6 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean here?

1 Like

As of right now, the whole campaign will be Single Player. So, unless you want to play with your friends, you won’t be seeing any other player in the world.

As you complete campaign areas, those areas will open up for the shared world. So, if you decide to go back to a content you already did, then you’ll most likely see other players at the outside world (not on dungeons, ever).

The feeling of being the only hero during the campaign seems to be preserved.

Towns seem to be different, they will always be shared. But it shouldn’t be a big deal.

2 Likes

i think even that would be optional, np.

I agree to OP, even though its fun to play in teams in D3 it doesn’t really fit the lore. The nephalem is a lone wolf. Not sure if I would play D3 if it was developed by Blizzard North even though D1&2 are great games. The MMO stuff really puts me off. Don’t wanna see a bunch of strangers running around with ugly wings. Players often dress their character to look funny rather than fit to the universe. It breaks the illusion for me.

6 Likes

you have a point;
-but, it’s also natural that each of your characters is a nephalem…
-so i only want MP, with my own characters as team: me and 3 of them.

1 Like

That sounds interesting^^ Just no funny strangers in a d.ick suite or anything, or strangers at all, I won’t play that game.

I don’t even like idea of having mounts/horses. I have never seen a living horse/animal in a Diablo game, I thought they had all turned into monsters. For me that belongs to a different universe.

9 Likes

If you see other players during your single player run, how is that significantly different than simply seeing a bunch of NPC combatants fighting against a monster?

To your character you are still the worlds saviour if that’s how you are playing it. The random players are just fellow warriors.

I don’t think anyone see’s Sanctuary as a world where there is only one person trying to fight off evil. The entire of Act 5 in D2 was also us running alongside fellow Barbarians to defend Harrogath. In D3 you come across several stray wandering fighters in the form of your followers or even join the combatants of Bastion’s keep.

I don’t see a problem with other players running around even if I’m playing a solo run, I can just leave them to their own fight in the same way I left many Barbarians to their death on the bloody foothills.

That being said, if these players have a bunch of visually loud cosmetics and dreadful player names then it’s definitely going to feel wrong. It’s definitely worth some consideration for that reason alone.

7 Likes