D4 Complete Private World pretty please?

if it’s possible, pretty please make a completely private world for D4? :pray:t4:
i love the lonely feel of Diablo! i know several others on here stated it ruins the immersion seeing other players even if it’s just a few. we want to be the only hero in Sanctuary! :muscle:t4: if i have to be locked out of World Bosses or other events requiring other players and not pertinent to the main story, then i am fine with that!

21 Likes

100%
very important point

2 Likes

I made the mistake of playing the campaign of D3 with players in public mode. It ruined the game for me because everyone else was just steamrolling through all the cut-scenes.

Yeah, i’ll be doing the campaign solo for D4… if its an option.

5 Likes

as far they said the campaign can be done solo but you’ll still see a few players in town or come across them outside of town. i would still not want to be able to see other players at all. just thinking like if you come up on someone else, they probably already killed demons in that area and now you’ll possibly lose out on that experience and loot!

i only played once with a couple other friends on D3 and gosh they went so fast! like slow down! so i didn’t play anymore with them! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My wish, too. Totally support this.

I believe they stated that in the wild you can only see players that not in your party but they will not have any affection to your game, except in world bosses and pk areas. But I still hate seeing a bunch of other guys dacing around my screen.

2 Likes

hmm… while watching some demo play i thought i saw another player kill demons while the person playing came upon them… perhaps i’m wrong!

yeah like people that just spin in circles for no reason… or they may be trying to get your attention… but still that is annoying and ruins the immersion entirely. :upside_down_face:

Personally I would prefer right before jumping in the game, you can choose to either go private, in which you wouldn’t see anyone at all except for those whom you may have invited, or public, in which you would see just about anyone who isn’t playing in a private session. After all, while I do enjoy playing with friends and even meeting some new folks, there are days where I just want to play by my lonesome.

At the very least, I do hope they consider adding a “Hide other players” option, especially when you’re town.

6 Likes

Yes in games that have online functionality, i always play through all the content on my own at least once before taking anything online. Usually more than once if it’s a game i really like. I hope i will be able to do that in D4.
If it has any cutscenes that are specific to multiplayer-only content, then please make these scenes unskippable unless all players involved have the “skip cutscenes” menu option enabled.

3 Likes

Yes like in Overwatch they had the story mode with a cutscene and all 4 players had to vote to skip the scene.

2 Likes

I don’t want others, I don’t mind trading, but would like SSF… They could really learn from PoE in a lot of things.

Blizzard need to stop dumbing down for casuals, multiplayer, and console it’s patronising to the player base, and it takes away all incentive or reason to keep playing.

4 Likes

Hmm yeah I think I’d be down for that. I wonder if it would work on World Bosses so you don’t get confused where you’re at and don’t have 100 other animations going on. :thinking:

I think it would only support the open world map
Dungeons are party or solo anyway and raid areas are MP only AFAIK

Yeah… I guess if they did a Hide Players option for towns and the open world but in the World Boss area you see them I’d still be ok with. Otherwise, still want a Private world option!

2 Likes

I’d hope I could turn off being able to see other players entirely if I want to play solo. I guess with the caveat that world bosses you still see other players, simply because they’d not be possible otherwise(though I’m not a huge fan of this in the first place in a Diablo game).

I’m not expecting to get it, but it would be nice.

3 Likes

Yes, please give us a private world for just you(or friends you invite).

3 Likes

yes, if there’s a fully catered Solo version.
-and if MP-specials, like a World Boss, doesn’t give unique rewards.

2 Likes

Maybe the World is just a hub for all players gathering around, and the dungeon will be exclusive for private or party play?

The devs already said they wanted to keep the isolated feeling for players so even the people you do come across will be very few and far between. I agree with you. I dont want to see anyone in my game. If that is what I wanted then I would play WoW

3 Likes

Dev did say dungeons will be completely private unless you invite people. Still dont wanna see them in the open world tho

3 Likes

Well, I kinda like to see people walking in open world. It gives the world some kind of “life” feeling.