Devs confirm personal loot ladder and classic ladder or this game is DOA

You only leveled 8 characters to 99?

Since Blizzard allowed modding, D2 in some shape or form would still exist to this day even if Blizzard turned off the server. I would argue that modding has helped keep the game alive.

This leads to another question:
Is being alive/survival a good enough metric when considering optional changes in D2R?

There is a post-Blizzconoline report stating that Blizzard is concerned that keeping the game authentic to D2 will ruin the game for new players who are not used to its old mechanics. This is a problem in that how do you balance status quo versus new players.

Yes. “Only” 8. As a “mainly pvp and non ladder player” you sure know alot of the game. Sry dude it was a rly weak bait. You need to do it much harder.

1 Like

I as well mainly pvp but on ladder. Non ladder characters all sat there to rot.

Good for you. Pvp also not going anywhere. Together with FFA loot.

2 Likes

People who claim farming legit is how you play D2 have clearly never played D2.

Youtube is full of people who do videos like “I did 1000 Andariel runs and here’s what I found”, and then their loot is mostly garbage. So what’s the next step?

You go on third party websites, sell the bad loot, and buy one good item.

Don’t act like RMT and third party websites are not a core part of how D2 is played. If you take away the bots and RMT, nothing will be left.

Personal loot will ensure a thriving economy. Not destroy it.

1 Like

Well not everybody needs bots to farm. Sry if your only way is bot using. This already proves that you are a noob.

Yes. Mostly. And what i care what is NOT garbage.

For amatuers like you sure this is the only way.

So if personal loot comes then people are not going to sell and buy items at RMT sites? Ok. More and more experts.

Personal loot ensure leecher heaven. But the loot stays FFA anyway so to much drama from the casuals.

9 Likes

Thee are both legit and non-legitimate D2 players. I think the issue with drop rates/item rarity is something that may need to be addressed as botting/duping leads to more supply of items. The trade economy in D2R with reduced botting/duping will be far different.

Although I favor the option of personal loot, it does not ensure a thriving economy. I have argued that it may make a more robust economy, but the effect of the loot system is likely dwarfed by the issues of botting/duping/RMT.

I dunno, I farmed every HR except Zod, most of them quite a few times, and nearly every unique, along with every set item in the game multiple times.

I don’t argue lots of cheating happens in D2, but dozens of people I farmed with back in the day played legit, found windforces in 1.09, etc.

1000 Andy runs and nothing but garbage almost never happens.
I can show you the drop tables if you want for Hell andy, but it’s really really hard to kill her 1000 times with nothing to show for it. She’s one of the better droppers for shako, skullders, occy…she’s great for newly created ladder chars.

Tons of people play legit and have found tons of high end runewords,etc. I’ve made 2 legit Enigmas, and found plenty of HRS in ladder play…I think people just think they can kill meph 100 times and gear all their chars, which isnt how this game should be played.

It’s hard to MF sometimes, but if you can make a character in the first couple weeks that can solo CS runs (should be easy) you can find tons of great equip in first month of ladder.

1 Like

Yeah andy runs have fun, create your farm route like maouso, pit, forgotten,chaos and worldstone or change with other lv 85 areas and u gonna see, the results will be different. Stack up an amount of MF , 100 , 200 ,300

There is another setups aswell u can individual set it up, defeatly way more better as andy bs…

Btw: not forget to grind with an amount of hours included and you will not cry anymore little one

You would be very likely to have dropped sufficient rares/HRs to trade for a Zod if you’re at the end of the spectrum.
And the median is at 358 hours, not 353 hours, in your simulation. Your maths is still false in every single post you make, but at least this is the most accurate thing you’ve ever said.

DOA, huh? Seriously, they could change a lot of things that would make you upset and the game will still be wildly popular. Know why?

Atmosphere. The game is dripping with it.

Personal loot wouldn’t kill the game.

2 Likes

Nice elitism. So only current D2 players are allowed to state their opinion here?

I have really bad news for you about the direction the devs said they wanted to go with bringing D2R to a much wider and larger audience than just D2 players.

2 Likes

The answer to your first question is of course not. The forum is a place for everyone’s opinion as long as they have a game license and follow Blizzard’s CoC.

For the rest, your statements are true.

1 Like

You act like they HAVE to make changes to accommodate your sensibilities.

YOU(all of you including me) ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING.

Ive played Diablo since its inception Diablo 2 as it is is a masterpiece. The changes you propose will ruin that and turn it into a modernized MOD that will be no better than diablo 3.

By saying this game will be just like d3 if they dont make all these changes, you spit in the face of everyone who actually WANTS this game to come back. Its not about bringing new features or fixing bugs. Its about the community who has supported blizzard even at their faults because a couple times back in the day they made something GREAT. We want the same game, because its fine as it is. Its a hard game to play, thats the point.

I can honestly say the only changes I want to see are visual updates, I personally dont want them to even remove r/d or desynch, just make it a patch over the current servers and go. Theres a very sensitive balance in d2 that even the slightest change upsets, things like the economy and the way we play the game can be drastically effected by simple tweaks, look at what tokens did to the current servers, blizzard introduced the token system to lower the amount of characters being made to save space, and it blew up into twice as many characters being made, so they tweaked the expiration timers, now we see older players leaving left and right due to expiration’s. Now were gonna see a whole different type of pvp and maybe things like WSG and Desynch wont be there, on top of that theres a new scaled resolution thats going to make those characters like amazon and paladin harder to pvp with. How many charging hdins you think we will see now? ZvZ doesnt work the same anymore either because the top zvz and his buddy #2 both have 4k monitors, you are stuck at 1080 and cant see what they can.

Minor tweaks change the game a lot. 800x600 vs 1080/1440/2k/4k are huge differences.

4 Likes

They already announced D2R will support 4K, a shared stash, and that characters will no longer expire. Since you only want to see visual updates and pre-purchased D2R, what now? Also, my computer has HDMI out so occasionally I play video games on my large screen TV which makes it far easier to see things.

Then the point of personal loot is a moot point if your only playing solo. Your free to farm to your hearts content if you are a solo player.

3 Likes

Im aware those changes are coming I was just stating in my personal preference these are concerns that should be considered.

Correct for solo games. For multiplayer games with friends, the loot system is also not terribly relevant either way if playing cooperatively. As such, the loot system is completely/ largely irrelevant in these two settings.

Where FFA-only and personal loot have the biggest difference is public multiplayer that Blizzard offers. Some players prefer FFA only because it bring the competitive spirit of I got the good drop before you. However, FFA only loot in public games brings out the worst in some players (ninja looting and cheating). Every game has bad apples. Personal loot in multiplayer games reduces some of this misbehavior.

Before the retort is made to just play private games or solo, ask yourself this:

Why do I want to exclude the possibility for a player’s own personal enjoyment by excluding their ability to select a public loot multiplayer game with personal loot when I can still select a public multiplayer game with FFA-only loot?

1 Like

I found the D3 player trying to convince me that I cannot have good gear by playing legit.

4 Likes