Crusader -- Last Minute Request for Blessed Shield

Thanks for publishing the final patch notes. This season will be one for the books.

Crusader players noticed they were skipped on class targeted buffs. If any developers are reading this message, could you take a moment to update the following item for Crusader mains?

Akkhan’s Leniency
Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases the damage of your Blessed Shield by 40% 120% 200% for 3 seconds.

There is undeniable interest in Blessed Shield, the build is fun, it functions without producing excessive lag, and we’d greatly enjoy the opportunity to play once again next Season.

Thank you for your consideration.

Edited on 2/22/2023 recommending 200% per enemy hit.

39 Likes

I approve. The Captain America build really needs a significant buff.

6 Likes

Approve. Hope that this get some attention.

3 Likes

THEY WONT!!!THEY HATE CRUSADERS!!!
END OF STORY!!!
Uninstall this piece of crap like i did .
I AM FREE!

1 Like

I play a BS Crusader for at least a week or two each season. It would be my main build if the damage was there. BS and hammers both badly need fixed.

3 Likes

Since the inception of Roland’s I’ve wanted to see BS added to that set.

You are still here posting, you are still a slave to the game.

I also put my vote on that as well. I really love playing Blessed shield, my favorite build that feels like it just got left behind. Its such fun concept, if anything, we just need to be able to do more damage to bosses. Either way, would love a update to this build.

2 Likes

While the blessed shield playstyle is not one of my favourites, I’d still love to see Blizzard buff it.
The build needs this x3 damage to be competitive but would not fix its pitiful single target damage.
Still, anything is better than nothing and a straight damage buff would be easy to implement.

2 Likes

Perma-pony. Crusaders must have their cutey (cutie) marks.

1 Like

Well , bring Capt. back!

I support this Build! :slight_smile:

In all honesty I am feeling a little dirty from this low blow to all Crusaders. I will not concede!

Great Idea dmkt. I appreciate your support for the cause. Season 29 - Redemption of the Crusader!!!

BRING CAPTAIN AMERICA and CHICKEN BOMB BACK!!!

3 Likes

I approve. I hope they think about this and do a last minute tweak.

4 Likes

With this change, what is the potential of the build ?

They’ll completely ignore this. I’ve suggested many crusader changes over the years, including the blessed shield build… the devs are completely disinterested in anything that isn’t necro/wiz/monk.

2 Likes

like maybe 10 GR’s higher, a simple change for arguably one of the most fun builds in the game. They tend to ignore the popular suggestions in lieu of their own ideas. They never learned from their “you think you do, but you don’t” WoW Classic fiasco and how wrong they were.

You forgot one of their babies. Really hurts being a Sader or WD main. :sob:

2 Likes

True, DH gets some pretty hefty buffs…

Here is a GR135 clear Borfet did at ~4700 paragon. This was non-season, before the S23 Follower Rework.

I imagine today we’ll see clears +2GRs higher with Squirts+Nemesis. This ends up being GR137 + 7Tiers = GR144.

1 Like

Squirts on that build, DAMN! you are a brave man! I haven’t played it since season 20 or 21, somewhere around there. I couldn’t imagine a GR 144. You must be speaking of the top tier type players. That being said, I am 100% in favor of a buff to this build or ANY Crusader build.

1 Like