Patch 2.7.6 wish list

We should focus on adjusting balance on Patch 2.7.6,The theme of S29 is not as important.There are quite a few suggestions, all of which are conclusions drawn from extensive practice. Devs,plz be patient and read them through. Thank you very much.
Nec:
1.Buff the Masquerade Set 6P 9000%→12000%.
My Note:The Masquerade is much weaker than Trag’oul Nova.In addition, Bone Spear is afraid of Sand Dweller and Dune Dervish, and is powerless when encountering Missile Dampening,while Trag’oul does not have these troubles.Times have changed, the Masquerade were indeed strong in Season 22, but now restoring the bone spear to 9000% is not enough, but 12000% is perhaps more reasonable.
Cru:
2.Invoker: 6P bounus 67500%→97500%.
My Note:In Patch 2.7.5, the melee attack of H90’s buff is very exciting for players. We hope Devs continue to slightly buff others melee attack gameplay in 2.7.6, making it more competitive, as Shadow and Invoker are already forgotten due to their weakness.
Other option is buff the Passive Skill of Crusader,Iron Maiden,from 50% to 100%, or buff the legendary gem BOYARSKY’S CHIP,so that both of LOD Bombardment and Invoker can benefit from it.
3.Bless Shield:Crusader – Last Minute Request for Blessed Shield 1
My Note:As various Sets continue to be buffed, I hope that the LOD can also be strengthened, such as the Blessing Shield and poision Dart of WD. dmkt’s idea is good, but I hope to add an upper limit to Akkhan’s layer of pity, such as:
Each enemy hit by your Blessed Shield increases the damage of your Blessed Shield by 400~500% for 3 seconds,Can only stack up to 50 times.
The stack’s limit can prevent it to be a push role in party play.
4.Adding a bracer for Fist of The Heaven:FoTH also slows enemies by 80% for 5 seconds and deals 100% increased damage.
My Note:Since Norvald was nerfed (400%→200%), the sound of compensating Fist of The Heaven has not stopped. A large number of players hope that FoTH can return to the strength before the Norvald was nerfed.Devs,plz make it happen,plz.
Demon Hunter:
5.Shadow’s Mantle 2P Bounus: 6000%→8000%
My Note:As I mentioned above, melee attack should be slightly buff.
6.Natalya’s Vengeance:6P Bounus,deal 25%→30% more damage than the previous blast.
My Note:The New Natalya’s operation is more complex than the Predator, but the strength is similar. Although the New Natalya was highly controversial when it was first launched in Patch 2.7.5, a few months later most players said it was a great new set, and the only drawback is that the strength still needs to be slightly buff.
Wizzard:
7.Mempo of Twilight:400%→200%
My Note:I know that Devs have received a huge number of feedbacks from Tal-Rasha that is too powerful. I hope it will remain the No.1 strength of all roles after being nerfed and still stronger than the Trag’oul, so my positioning for it,is a 3 tiers nerf.
Monk:
8.Inna 6 P bouns:900%→1500%
My Note:Since Inna’s 6-piece set was nerfed to 900%,although the Bindings of the lesser gods compensated the triple bounus of the Fire Ally in PTR 2.7.4 phase 2,there has still been constant complained about Inna’s strength. In fact, I have indeed Inna set nerfed too much. Currently, Wave of Light is significantly stronger than Inna in the Ladder of non-season. I hope WoL is only slightly stronger than Inna, which is more balanced,so Inna’s 6 p bounus should buff to 1500%.
WD:
9.Carnevil:The 15 Fetishes closest to you will shoot a powerful Poison Dart every time you do.
My Note:LOD Poison Dart is good at fast clear GR,but the damage it causes is not still ideal.Aughild zunimassa’s plague is the most fragile set in D3,it should be able to pass 150GR at 20k, but I have never seen such a result in non-season.So I think LOD and set Poison Dart needs buff indeed.
Although the LOD position darts has been strengthened in the past, it is still too weak. In fact, it would buff 5 tiers,if it is still not buff, the effect of the item ‘legacy of nightmares’ will be still useless.
Finally, buff the Jade Harvest set and Shield Bash of Roland set are both highly sought after by players. I remember when the Nec first released in July 2017, the Inarius Grim Scythe gameplay, combined with the MIRINAE Legendary Gem, was the strongest gameplay. I hope Inarius will become an exclusive set for the Grim Scythe gameplay, and the LEGER’S DISDAIN needs to be modified:Grim Scythe deals an additional 300~400% damage for each point of essence it restores,Increase essence damage by up to 120 essence.My note:The Grim Scythe gameplay has always had a poor solo GR experience due to issues with the LEGER’S DISDAIN setting. I propose increased its basic damage(300%~400%)and add the maximum of 10 enemies(Up to 3000-4000%), which helps improve the single player gaming experience.

2 Likes

I like the idea of this post.

My wishlist is mainly balance of old builds.
Buff numbers of Rolands, Seeker of Light, Invoker etc. builds by either upping the set Boni or the individual multipliers of the legendaries.
Also not only by 100% which is like 5 tiers but significantly more.

For Fist of Heavens add either a bracer or shield (or both) with significant damage multiplier like 1600% and another unique bonus like the S27 theme or at least slow on hit so that it can proc Bane of the trapped from a distance.

Similar things should happen for other classes. The weak and old builds should be brought to a ~5 GR distance with the best, so that all builds are equally worth playing.

Rework the craftable sets that remained untouched. Give them “double crafting material” drops or something. Or XP buffs that work in GRs and emanate to bring up solo farming closer to group farming.

Give us crazy expensive recipes in Kanais cube to upgrade our Ancient items to primal ancient, with their exact rolls (no random rerolling)
At some point deaths breath and forgotten souls keep piling up. Maybe let it cost an expensive mix of DB, forgot Sould and Primordial Ashes.
This would give us a grindable way to perfect our gear that doesn’t rely on luck

Edit:
Also forgot about the legendary gems with direct damage instead of multipliers.
Buff Mirinae, pain Enhancer, lighting wrath and the toxin gem

Edit2:
Also buff Hellfire Rings and Amulets to give them a purpose again.

3 Likes

Mirinae is currently useless, no one is willing to use it.I hope Devs can modify it to make it a necessary gem for some special Build.

1 Like

As a Solo Player;

1. Wish that solo players receive a higher greater rift completion bonus than group players, since it take longer to complete the same rift level.

2. I’d like to see Trash Mobs ALL give the same amount progression, especially in Greater Rifts 140 - 150.
    I hate spending so many keys, fishing for a decent rift. Open nope close, open nope close, open nope close, open nope close, open nope close, open nope close, open nope close, open nope close, open nope close, then kill only to find you’ve just spent five minutes killing 300 trash mops and didn’t even move the progression bar. Just wasted my time plus 10 keys, only to repeat again.
    Now an hour has passed and still no decent rift.

BTW: When you created “Orek’s Dream” Rifts, at what level did you test them, because everyone that I’ve gotten over 145 have been CRAP. They’ve all been Open Maps (Yea), but with no density (Boo), and the trash mobs give no progression (Boo), So Please fix this or rename it to “Don’t Wast your Time”.
Oh, and killing the trash isn’t the issue.

5 Likes

QoL from the Altar, buff Jade “Kaboom” Harvester and I’ll be happy

Wastes, H90, MOTE, and the IK sets all need small damage buffs (some more than others).

Lamentation needs its missing 50% multiplier back. Tribes needs a small buff. Fury of the Vanished Peak needs a substantial buff to its Slam multiplier.

Witch Doctors need a metric crap ton of buffs.

7 Likes

I have been saying this and will say it again; just because a build is “your” favorite it doesn’t mean it deserves a buff out of thin air.
Builds get buffed after Seasons worth of statistics (ie. it takes them 2 seasons to nerf something) and QA gameplay tests in a separated environment from usual servers. There’s a ratio of effort and stakes, which they measure on their own terms for near 40 class related Sets. Just because you wanted to multiply everything with 4.5-10x it doesn’t mean it’s accurate or justified.

Secondly, if a build has potential to create loads of mess; this being area damage or long lingering damage over time (that’s why I await some renewences to WD, perhaps that’s why this season lasted this long), then the required minimal player effort better worth to buff that build. Such builds exhaust communications between server and client by mass calculations, causing game to stagger while being a burden to the main server.
Anything that has a new power surge will be “promoted” to player base whether you like it or not, and many players would like to play with strong builds. If something is powerful it better be light on the calculations, as it’ll be played over the course of thousands of sessions at once. All aside, player effort and thought process of combat for the stakes better justify this new power to be placed inbetween some other builds for a sense of balance.

If you think something deserves a buff, share your own thoughts, not opinions with armchair developer attitude of “multiply this by x% and it’ll feel balanced”. Tell developers what have you tried personally. Try different items on terms of defense and try to lose survival for offense traits, then tell the developers which aspect your build lacks to handle either.

Compare variables you keep track at the highest tier plays of other Sets, with what your favorite build keeps track at top tier. If a build has to keep track of less active variables in combat but have higher sustain or many passive traits, it’ll be more efficient than the other build that keeps track of more active variables once you amplify the former’s damage.
This is why, sometimes damage multiplication is not the sole answer, as doing so would allow some highly passive trait builds to overcome the obstacles by hammering on damage and care about nothing else. This is against the sense of balance they tried to maintain for years across different builds. And no, Seasonal Theme don’t have to maintain that, but core game has to.

Well you do realize a Nightmare is also a dream?

My Orek’s Nightmare rifts are open maps with hornets, hell witches, spear chuckers, all elites have shielding or Juggernaut, the only pylons I find are channeling or speed. Of the ones I have actually gotten on non-speed run, I have closed all of them after 2 minutes because they were worse than the “caves” map I just tried.

Yup.

2 Likes

Channeling is okay if you use a very crucial debuff or buff, else equipped Captain Crimson; it’s a slight damage and toughness boost for Crimson setups as far as I’m concerned.
I think Speed needs a buff, though. Not every tileset is large enough for you to bait Elite abilities out of your combat range then hit back, neither every dangerous Elite ability is an easily avoidable projectile. Some maps don’t have density of monsters to justify draining your resources faster, and when map appear to have enough monster density you usually lose the aggro while trying to kite, or forced to teleport your Follower further away to gain control. If you have enough space that is.
I think developers need to remove the knockback from collision and give straight passability to Speed Pylon, it would improve for sure. Whenever you grabbed that Pylon it simply forces you to skip Elites at narrow spaces, because they will be CC-resistant in a blink.

Ya, all the pylons are at least decent buffs, but if I am going to get a “Dream” GR for pushing, I think most people would agree that, for 99.99999% of builds, getting a conduit/power is far greater than getting a channeling/speed.

1 Like

My wishlist for 2.7.6

• Balance for all classes (nerf until we see variety in the leaderboard)
  • Keep a nerfed version of Altar of Rites (only for QoL improvements)
  • Buff Danetta
  • T17, T18, T19 and T20. (T20 = GR 150, just 4 levels for the idiots that says “too much levels”, for bounties at high level, ubers at high level, and farm at high level)
  • Maybe a use for useless objects like this.
    Legacy of Dreams at rank 100 for each Ancient Legendary item without a Legendary Effect Triples the effect of the Legendary Gem and for each item with x% Weapon Damage (like Fire Walkers, Rimeheart, Arcstone, Crashing Rain or Hellfire Ring) grants that total as multipler for that damage.
  • A better reward of ubers
2 Likes

My proposal has a evidence, which is on the Non-Season Ladder. For example, I propose that buff the passive skill Iron Maiden:Thorns increased from 50% to 100%. based on the fact that D3’s Thorns game play is very special, but it is too weak, and need to be buffed at least 3 tiers. The LOD Hammer of the Ancient is A-tier which widely recognized,many players passing GR150 in Non-Season. However Invoker and LOD Bombardment,the players who pass GR150 in Non-Season are almost impossible in the Ladder, which is enough to prove that both of them are all B-Tier. As a very special game play of Diablo 3, it is reasonable for Invoker and LOD Bombardment to buff to A-Tier. Therefore, I proposed the passive skill of Cru,Iron Maiden:Your thorns is increased by 100% rather than 50%.

1 Like

So I reckon you also did the mathcraft for that piece?

Why? Because you think the effort required to play Blessed Shield Crusader is so complex that it needs a buff that stacks 50 times? Have you compared that to other builds that are capable of clearing GR150?
Have you tested what your build lacks in a general sense? Positioning disadvantage, resource management, cooldowns, effective range? Mandatory actions stemming from lack of aspects justifies the power.

When you demand a completely passive benefit to be doubled, there better be a good reason for that. Because passive benefits are set and forget, and not active components of the combat that you need to keep track. They are pure power surges when not estimated well enough and can allow player to overwhelm the challenge by brute force only.

This is what I’m talking about. Just because something is your favorite don’t come to the conclusion that you are doing the builds any justice by tossing random numbers. Do the comparison and tell developers what have you tried and what your build lacks to carry it further. They are good at filling the blanks and mathcraft, as they are a team of many people with fundamental designers at their ranks.

One small addition I’d like to see is an alternative reward for GR completion. Since leveling gems for augments isn’t so important anymore as you can get high level Whispers instead from Echoing Nightmares with relative ease, you could choose receiving something else instead of gem upgrades. Maybe a couple of each bounty mat for example.

Not too many though, so not to devalue bounties.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d like to see them adjust Darklight, Khassetts and Valor to include the things you mentioned. Something along the lines of:

• Darklight - Fist of the Heavens now casts three times and deals 1600-2000% more damage.
  • Khassett’s - Fist of the Heavens costs 50% less Wrath and deals 300-400% more damage. Gain 50% damage reduction for 10 seconds after casting Fist of the Heavens.
  • Valor 2pc - Attacking with Fists of the Heavens empowers you, allowing Fist of the Heavens and Heaven’s Fury to deal 125% increased damage for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times. Fist of the Heavens slows enemies for 5 seconds.

I kinda like how the build doesn’t lock in mandatory bracers as that leaves us free to use Nems in that slot. Makes GRs more enjoyable when running without a zdps. I also quite like using Norvalds and the cooldown on Steed… helps speed through rifts.

2 Likes

Would be perfectly fine with me, as long as FoH gets some love.

2 Likes

When you use Akkhan’s layer of pity, you will have a status bar display for shield stacking. You can give it a try. It is usually difficult to stack 10 layers when attacking single target.

My wish list is simple, “Set is X tiers behind/above our goal max tier, increase/decrease damage multiplier by Y%”

I know that is not all there is to getting all sets equally balanced but realistically we aren’t getting big changes so those simple to work out ones will be nice.

2 Likes

Zbarb is the key role of party play in GR150, and the Cru cannot participate in 4 players team. Therefore, the Barb’s experience get is much faster than the Cru,because of team play exp get higher than solo.We always saw Barb user’s paragon much higher than Cru user. For the game balance, I propose buff the Cru in patch 2.7.6 without buff the Barb.we should strength the Cru’s solo ability.
The Barb are stronger than the Cru in solo GR, because of the H90 and Reakor, the zBarb can still team play,Cru’s experience gained by a solo mode is also lower than Barb,which is very unbalanced.I propose buff Cru’s solo ability in patch 2.7.6.

1 Like

I’m still hoping for a viable Chakram build. Put a Chakram damage buff to Shadow 6p bonus and buff the supporting legendaries.

4 Likes