Barb Nerf = No S19

It isn’t though, meaning ww. Clear of 140 on ptr done by 10.5k para player in gg gear. Still lower than the 144 on live (estimated nerf means 142-141) for wiz and necro cleared 142. Not sure where their nerf leaves them. WD has 140 down.

In reality this buff puts barb in the top 3 for NS. People asking for nerfs to this are nuts, because there isn’t any evidence that WW needs to be nerfed. It’s based on the supposition of one player that the build could go 144-146. Maybe on season, but from what I saw in the 140 clear that gr looked like the ceiling for that player.

I’ve never seen a formula break down that WW barb is stronger than Wiz, because I’m guessing that if you were to put the damage multipliers in formula Wiz would come out ahead in damage output. That’s why we have trolls linking graphs and parroting ZeDark etc.

One last thing, the longer the devs take deciding WW fate, the more time wasted for Monk/Sader adjustments. Which quite frankly are needed more than a troll pleasing nerf to WW barb.

Leave barbs alone.

3 Likes

It is based on the supposition of more than 1 player.

darkpatator provided a detailed explanation/rationale in two posts about his estimate of the top potential of the ww/rend build if it goes live as is.

Could you please provide a counterargument to show why his points are in error?

You can start by explaining why equipping a Flavor of Time amulet would not increase the top GR clear in comparison to the hellfire amulet that he used for his 140 clear.

Then you can explain why equipping a skill with a wrong rune will not make a difference to this builds clear potential.

Then you can explain why the pylon type/order would not make a difference for this builds clear potential. For example, explain to me how not having a power pylon for your boss kill would make no difference in the top GR clear potential.

Then you can explain why equipping ancient augmented shoulders would not make any difference in clear potential versus using non-ancient shoulders.

Then you can recount all the times where a buff has gone live using the same numbers as on the PTR, where the top live era clear does not end up at least 3 greater rifts higher than the top non-season PTR clear?

Etc,

I’ll certainly be able to test the build’s potential to go above GR140.
You know, just as soon as I earn another 7500 paragon levels.
Can you wait a couple of decades for the results?

5 Likes

Comparing WW to other builds in PTR include chadoto build, it’s significantly better.

We know how WW scale compare to others. We have PTR leaderboard. It’s not exactly science but it’s fairly clear we doing the best.

I don’t want to make 4-5 different post to reply to everyone that commented on my comments.

Someone claimed I did not called for chadoto nerf specifically and just follow the trend. Serious. Is there a price for most likes? I must be missing something.

I am not a fan of chadoto being OP, if I didn’t speak out, it’s because many others already did so, and I have nothing to add.

I made a point WW need nerf because we will be the same situation as chadoto, because we know from experience of chadoto. Context!!

People need to make baseless assertions of character.

I have visited the forums over 90 days already and the only time I noticed anything about a chantodo or vyr’s nerf was in the Squirts necklace will need a nerf if thread.

If you find any other threads about anyone asking for a chantodo’s or vyr’s, archon nerf than go ahead and please post them.

Maybe someone mentioned something about a nerf in some other threads, but there was literaly NO threads that specifically asked for a nerf to chantodo’s, vyr’s or archon skill in title…

So please tell me why suddenly NOW you want to nerf WW Rend if you had no problem with chantodo’s vyr’s build being OP for 2 seasons, yet the WW Rend build isn’t even life yet and we won’t have any chance at all to test how strong it really is if it won’t make it as it is in current state to the official 2.6.7 patch notes…

You clearly haven’t even completed a 135 GR with this so called OP build (WW Rend), yet you want to nerf it based on (for the 1000th time) ONE player with over 10000 paragon argument…

3 Likes

I certainly question the magnitude of the PTR barb rend buff, but simply comparing PTR era leaderboards is misleading. For the most applicable comparison, I would strongly argue that you should compare PTR barbaraian non-season versus the current live era. I would keep in mind that the PTR is very limited in how people push (buffs are underestimated) and that the perceived nerf to wizards and necromancer is also overestimated if only looking at the PTR.

1. It’s completely possible to support barb buffs but think it was over buffed. He voiced support for barb buffs in the past but doesn’t like how they were rolled out. That’s a completely valid response to the changes, whether or not you agree with him.
  2. Not liking the barb buffs as presented in the ptr is not picking the popular side.
  3. Accusing everybody who dislikes the barb buffs of being a wiz main is based off speculation. Speculation that has been wrong, many times.
  4. Some people that aren’t in favor of the ptrbarb do play barb, just fyi.

Over buffed?!

Over 10500 paragon player (best D3 RoS player in the world) solo GR140 while right now wizards with 7430 paragon can solo GR 140, you're calling over buffed?!

I wonder if you’d say the same thing if nercromancers got buffed instead of barbs and suddenly Trag’Oul’s Avatar could solo a GR144 with just over 6000 paragon…

Would you be so eager to ask for a nerf if instead of necromancers, Wizards Firebird would be redesigned and suddenly you could clear a GR142-144 with just 3000-5000 paragon level and this set…

Over buffed?!

No one ever got a highier than 5000-5999 paragon in seasons, so even if the WW Rend goes live as it is right now, you could possibly only clear a 130-135 GR max solo with it and you’re telling me it’s over buffed?!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FixedGraveAngora-size_restricted.gif

PS.

Sorry for the amount of gifs, but when I hear the same argument (over and over again like a broken record) and nothing but it, based on a GR clear made by a player with 10500 paragon than I just can’t help myself :expressionless:

10 Likes

Necros just got a huge nerf and you don’t hear me complaining at all about it. So… Possibly, yes. Also, I haven’t referenced the 140 clear a single time. Ever. I don’t even care if the barb gets the ptr version or a slight nerf, I’m just bemused at your inability to have an intelligent conversation without making straw man arguments (I’ve a) never mentioned the 140 clear as being problematic and b) necro buff hasn’t happened so you’re talking about an imaginary scenario at this point and acting as if you know my response to said imaginary events) and resorting to ad hominem attacks.

EU, Season 18, Rank 1 Solo Wizard, GR143, PL5438…

4 Likes

By highier than 5000 I meant 5000-5999, not exactly 5000. I knew there were players with more than exactly 5000 paragon, but I haven’t seen ANY with 6000 or highier in season at least not in EU, but if you find any on Asia or NS server than feel free to correct me…

If they keep the other rewards, I’ll play for them. Might even play the barb. I’m no longer invested in this game enough to care what the devs do. They have shown time and again that they “do what they want, when they want”. We’re just along for the ride. Bail if they head for the cliff, otherwise, just sit back and enjoy the show.

(the show being the comments section of course)

It’s really not an exploit if Blizzard has been notified and they allow it to continue to live. It as they say was intended, but of course once everyone does it, it will then become one or be nerfed

Ah, so when you said no-one got higher than 5000 paragon in a season, what you actually meant was no-one got higher than 6000 paragon in a season? Sorry, I can only go by what you wrote, not by what you meant.

3 Likes

The 500 kill streak is pretty OP, but I felt like the 15 and 30 kill streak bonuses were more problematic since you could essentially just let your kill streak fall off and then get another 15 kills and boom tornados that kill 15 monsters and triggers the geysers, rinse and repeat. How did you feel about those mechanics?

Yeah I meant 6000. English isn’t my native language so I may make some mistakes here and there. Anyway it doesn’t change the fact that even with 6000-6500 paragon with the season theme or without it that barbs aren’t OP at all.

You may not cry about Necros nerf, but I’ve seen people not happy about it on the forums.

As for the 140 clear. You may have not mentioned it in any of your posts, but you clearly base your arguments to even slightly nerf WW Rend based on it…

There’s no problem if a diferent than Wizard class is 2 or 4GRs ahead of others. It’s not like WW Rend cleared GR150 on PTR…

Anyway I highly doubt that even with the nerf to chantodo’s that WW Rend would gain any advantage over Wizards, maybe they’ll be equal or WW Rend “might be” 2 GRs stronger.

We won’t find out unless it goes live and just because DARPATOR assumed he could go highier with this build, possibly even 143-144GR, you still miss the point that you need OVER 10000 paragon to even get close to GR140.

GR140 could be cleared by WW Rend with maybe even 8000 (or much less) paragon if it goes live with the season theme unchanged, but that’s only because how strong the angels from the 500 kill streak bonus are…

Not at all. As I’ve said, if the barb goes live on as is on PTR I’m happy for everybody. I play barb. I dislike the fact that the ww rend build is the one build does all aspect of the ptr barb. I think wwrend should be nerfed so it’s not the top tier everything build for barb. If that means buffing a different build for barb at the same time then I think that would be awesome.

In the end though, I’m just going to be happy for you barbs - you guys have been very active in advocating for your changes so at this point I hope you get to keep them and I’ll look forward to competing against you all on the leaderboards for a season that you are all hopefully excited for.

I know what you can be for us, QUIET. That would help us tremendously.

3 Likes

This is a forum. A place meant for talking and discussion. You really are quite toxic. If you don’t want to see other peoples opinions then I would suggest that it is you that needs to change their behavior and get off the forums so as not to hurt your feelings, which are quite obviously sensitive as evidenced by the title of this thread you posted. :disappointed_relieved:

Or maybe you could be happy for barbs for a change and stop with your nerf lamentation from 150-200% to 100% crusade and everyone will be happy…

Yet you also wrote that you want to nerf WW Rend, so it won’t be the best barb build…

Guess what before PTR I think most barb players may agree with me that it was one of the worst barb builds at least for clearing highier GRs…

If you really want to support barbs ask for bigger buffs for Remorseless and Fjord Cutter, so the other class sets could get closer to WW Rend build in pushing highiest GRs in game too, don’t ever ask for nerfs and everyone will be happy…

1 Like