Barb Nerf = No S19

I literally just said that i would be happy for barbs if ptr changes go through as is despite my personal opinion on it two posts ago.

Do you literally just not read anything? Because from your posts and all the inaccuracies in them regarding the accusations you’ve made against me I’m going to have to assume you don’t.

Edit: nice edit to your post above :joy:

Depends on the nerf. There’s no reason to nerf barbs but if they do the type of burn down they’ve done in the past I’ll be disinclined to acquiesce to their season.

You sir deserve a medal for playing this game. I’m here wating maybe for a possible D4 in 1-2 years.

I didn’t mean to make you cry. I think it would do you well to learn some basic social skills. The Barb community is not going to receive you with open arms when you’re campaigning for a nerf. And this is why I’m campaigning that you be QUIET.

I apologise for make you cry. No hard feelings. And there, now we’re friends again🙂.

2 Likes

For realsies? Do I get to be invited to all the barb circle jerks now?

And since we’re friends now don’t worry – if barb do receive even a slight nerf and you don’t play the season because you didn’t get your way, I will totally be there for you. Hold your hand, give you compliments to boost your confidence, make you soup, you know, just whatever I can to help you make it through.

Thank you friend, but that won’t be necessary.

Believe you me, you’ve already lifted my spirits.:rofl:

I would just keep to the facts and your opinion. It is best to rise above the name-calling and not take the bait.

As you probably seen, I have been criticized for my opinion in provocative ways, but I want to demonstrate that my thought process is rational/unemotional.

I’m not sure what you mean, my post was entirely sincere. I really do mean all of that - I take friendship very seriously.

I was referencing the end of your first sentence.

I have reread the entire threads that I have posted in, relative to this issue. I think the case has been presented well with numbers. I strongly suspect that the developers do not read the forums in gory detail, but I think that the arguments can be viewed on their merits.

So there’s a behavioral ecomonics professor out of Harvard by the name of Dan Gilbert who studies happiness. He says people end up unhappy because they’re really bad at making decisions. He’s on YouTube.

For example:

You want to go to Hawaii and the trip costs $2000. You see it on sale for $1600. Would you buy it?

In his experiments most people said yes.

Then he changes the experiment with the same people:

You want to go to Hawaii and the trip costs $2000. You see it go on sale for $700. You decide to think it over for a week. Unfortunately, the price goes up to $1500. Would you buy it?

Most people said no - even though the price is less in the 2nd scenario.

Basically, a good deal that use to be a great deal is not nearly as good as an aweful deal that use to be a horrible deal.

In other words:

$2000->$1600
Just fix Rend, it’s awful. I’ll play it if you do anything to make it better and even slightly competitive.

$2000->$700->$1500
You nerfed it so I won’t play Season at all.

1 Like

Are you going to cry too, Miss Flanagan? I for one don’t want to your pitch for a nerf based on your opinion. I want facts. I want truth. Your opinion make you come across as a cotton headed ninny muggins. As far as I’m concerned you sit in a throne of lies. I smell beef and cheddar!

Over 10500 paragon player (best D3 RoS player in the world) solo GR140 while right now wizards with 7430 paragon can solo GR 140, you’re calling over buffed?!

I did the calcs on d3 planner and the difference between damage it’s like 24% more damage, which means that difference of 7k and 10k is less than 2 GR levels.

You still don’t understand that mainstat has insane diminishing returns after some point.

Sorry for the amount of gifs, but when I hear the same argument (over and over again like a broken record) and nothing but it, based on a GR clear made by a player with 10500 paragon than I just can’t help myself

You clearly don’t understand the math/mechanics behind d3 and keep spreading BS in the forums, the difference between +7k players and 10k ones is small , your dumb post or memes just are a waste of space in a topic that people is giving arguments and talking with knowledge.

2 Likes

That’s a fascinating analysis, ockhamdesign. I studied psychology in college, so that is right up my alley. Yeah, it’s hard to wrap my head around players screaming they will not play Barbs at all if there is the slightest nerf to Rend, even if it still ends up being godly compared to pre-PTR Rend.

1 Like

You can search Dan Gilbert on YouTube. He has a Ted Talk called Why We Make Bad Decisions.

Let’s pretend Blizzard has some buff scale from 1 to 10. 1 is neglible buff. 10 is buff it all the way and it might be beyond what we intended. They can go about buffing in two ways.

Scenario 1:
Let’s just buff it to 10 and if it’s too high for what we wanted, let’s nerf it to 9.

Scenario 2:
Let’s just buff it to 7. Yeah, there’s going to be complaints it’s not enough but we realize that. So we’ll just plan to tweak it to 8 something safe so we don’t make it OP.

Scenario 1 - you gave us something and now you’re taking it away. (WW barb)

Scenario 2 - you gave us crap and you made it a little better. Oh well at least is not as bad as it was. (new monk and crusader sets tweaks in 2nd PTR that’s rumored for Blizzcon)

Who said that? Pray tell.

I know that all the power comes from the buffs to items, but some players just can’t take it that Barbs got buffed and now may have a build that can clear the same GRs as Wizard did before PTR or 1-2 GR highier…

Some players just can’t imagine that any other than Wizard or Necromancer class can clear a 140-144 GR solo, so they do anything they can to prevent it, by saying the build is OP, outlier or stuff like that.

Where were these people when chantodo’s vyr’s was clearing 138-142 GR for the last 2 seasons?!

Have you seen any:

Archon Vyr’s Chantodo’s speed running GR150 Pls nerf

or

Nerf Archon build it’s OP

or

Nerf chantodo’s it’s breaking the balance

or

Necro cleared 140 GR, Pls nerf

threads before PTR went live?!

So don’t expect barbs to be calm and agree with any nerfs when they were the WORST DPS class for years

The PTR buffs if anything are still too low at least for Fjord Cutter and Remorseless

WW Rend build is just fine and doesn’t need to be changed nerfed in any way at all

2 Likes

I disagree, if you need 10K Paragon to do 10, it’s not OP.

My thoughts and feelings (Because that’s all that’s important right???) is that the buff doesn’t go far enough, and should be even higher.

3 Likes

By fine I meant it doesn’t need a nerf. I think it’s obvious that 10k paragon needed just to clear a 140 GR is way too high, but if I would mention that I could shake the hornets nest even more and would be flooded with replies like:

“So you want to make an OP build even more OP” or other BS like this…

1 Like

Shake it? I say kick it over…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

So don’t expect barbs to be calm and agree with any nerfs when they were the WORST DPS class for years

Yes, i want to read the argument of barb players with math (like they did in the barbarian buff idea), not the arguments of a guy that knows little about the game, only plays multishot ue dh and spam memes and non sense in the forums. (and just in case, i supported the barbarian buff topic)

WW Rend build is just fine and doesn’t need to be changed nerfed in any way at all

Where is the detailed math behind that argument?