Barb Buffs in 2.6.7 & What You Want

Rend damage will surely be toned down a bit, but hopefully not.
We need to enjoy some positive triumph edge one or more seasons.

Hope “Waste” set will be the most powerful build this and next season.

That’s my preference but I’ll count anything but a charge barb as a win.

1 Like

Since Rend deals 1100% damage, and is now increased by the 10,000%, we can consider the Lamentation belt for another 200%, we can assume it to be able to deal 333,3000% damage per second.

Depending on how Lamentation then may work with Ambo’s it should be able to do that twice each second. And that’s a pretty nifty increase to single targets especially, but also in general. It’s just sad that 2-handed style isn’t viable or attack speed doing anything for Rend.

And then it doesn’t even seem like Rend is needed on the skill bar.

With lamentation being sine qua non, won’t barbs lose a big chunk of toughness from lacking either mantle of channeling or PoC? I think the survivability aspect hasn’t been really addressed.

Well friday, hurry up already

id rather have seen bracers of destruction left at 5 targets but have its damage buffed to 1000%. its change pretty much ensures that however down the road barb goes SS will be restricted to huge aoe and less single target/small packs which is ok but with 5 and 1000% it could have been either one, and more options the better. wouldn’t be any bit more complicated for them to do either.

Ludens there are other ways to get defense. With how big the boost to rend is
we can likely lose COE and wear/cube Unity. This will be my first test on Thursday. We are still not sure how rend will function exactly. If we can have rend on our bar an get whatever rune we select will be helpful. Or even have band of might but then you need to proc it.

I disagree. The actual damage of WW isn’t very high. The only way it really worked is with fishing for insane density and grouping.

I think the damage will “feel” higher because of the season theme which is giving a lot of power.
I could see a few classes besides wiz clearing GR140 this season.

We are also sacrificing a good bit to use lamentation and ambo’s. For how low barb damage is, I don’t think we’ll need any toning down.

S19, Monk? Crusader? After reading some more…

Please make it barbarian season! LETS GO GO GOOO!

fine, because i’ve only 1 barb and there’s room for a second one. :wink:

Have you even seen what Free, Rage and co have done?

If you have done anything even close to that level, I invite you to show us.

Let us see your “feedback”.

4 Likes

I am glad that barbs were buffed as they were underperforming as a class, I think the key thing was the overwhelming “feedback” that Blizzard received. As I stated previously, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. As a corollary, this does not mean that the squeaky wheel made a compelling argument based on a strong foundation. An alternative hypothesis is that it could be that squeakiness can be terribly annoying.

As you know, Prokhan’s analysis of relative class power and the leaderboards have highlighted some flaws in the initial arguments/data/conclusions that were presented in the barb buff proposal and on the forum (see Measured response). Ironically, I find it interesting Ambo pride whose autocast of rend in WW is in direct opposition to the multiple posts.

These words sound somewhat authoritarian.

My point is clear. I am glad that barbs were buffed (broken record) as they were underperforming. I am truly pleased. Some truly deserve admiration for their efforts.

I strongly disagree about how some “accomplished” their change. Many before I posted in this thread made it clear what their independent issues were. I agree with that assessment. In addition, I found many of the post in this “movement” to be of questionable data, “facts”, ethics, and respect. This is to be expected on an internet forum, Moreover, there was failed theory crafting as shown by the leaderboard and a an attempt at “revisionism” but the internet never forgets. Words like “context” and “dog whistling” were thrown around to obfuscate the truth when encountering genuine criticism.

2 Likes

I’m really glad that a particular troll is being ignored by the Barb community. I haven’t see anyone respond to said person.

:+1:t4:

4 Likes

No way!! Trolls on the forum? Where they at?

3 Likes

Right on, mah dude.

There’s a few floating around in here, including a few alts that like to pat each other on the back, but it doesn’t matter, does it? Here’s what matters to me:

Barbs needed buffs.

The Barb community helped make it happen without ever asking for nerfs of any kind for other classes.

And other communities can, if they put in the time and effort, make it happen for what they want.

I mean, if the kind of quality control Rage and I used in the successful community proposal sounds “authoritarian” to some, I can only imagine how such folk feel about any community discussion in which good ideas have to be sorted from bad. Ah well. Can’t please everyone, especially trolls and their alts.

Meanwhile, Barbs are like…

9 Likes

This is why i love Barb community :smiley:

4 Likes

I see that most of you guys are happy with the changes even before testing them on PTR. That’s a good sing. Good luck.

1 Like

I understand, but i think the community already aware of that, no matter the PTR results are, barb still get a buff.

Losing COE is huge though. Plus, unity is trash in team settings. I wish there was a buff for toughness issues as well rather than just flat out buffing dps

1 Like

Is lag a concern with WW + Rend?