Barb Buffs in 2.6.7 & What You Want

For the first time in a long time, I can honestly say I’m thrilled by the proposed Barb buffs coming in 2.6.7.

For those who haven’t seen it, the PTR notes are here.

This is a direct response from the devs to the Buff Proposal Rage and I wrote, found here.

For once, I feel that the devs listened to the Barb community, took our feedback seriously, and implemented it in a careful, thorough way. I’m extremely excited to test these changes when the PTR opens on the 17th, and I’m very grateful to the devs for their willingness to listen to and implement community feedback.

Part of the reason I’m posting this in GD is to encourage other class communities on how best to be heard. Do you think your class needs buffs, changes, or special attention? Do what we did:

• Organize
  • Communicate
  • Write

Rage and I have a good understanding of basic game design. We stuck to what seemed most likely and, for lack of a better term, with the “rules” of D3 design philosophy, and we provided extremely thorough feedback–numerically and conceptually–for the changes we proposed. We framed our request as an argument: Barbs are weak compared to other classes, some of our builds are broken, and our best builds rely on gimmicks or exploits to be truly powerful.

If you want change in D3, make it happen! Follow our example!

48 Likes

If only these devs were from the start with D3…

1 Like

:slight_smile: Really looking forward to seeing the testing that comes out of it. Thank you all for being constructive, positive, and thoughtful!

36 Likes

That’s truly good to hear.

3 Likes

Ditto!

Thank you for your communication and assistance in making this a reality.

3 Likes

Hmmm The crusader one sounds nice, the monks one… I really really really dislike tempest rush. Dumbest skill in the game for me :confused:
Guess I cannot complain too much though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has anyone considered that the skill ‘REVENGE’ is a non-event and needs a lot of love?

If this had some kind of usefulness it could be a welcome addition to the Barbarian buff.

As you were.

1 Like

We discussed that skill in our Buff Proposal. Alas, it didn’t make it into this patch, and likely because it needs completely new legendaries to be worthwhile. If Revenge ever gets tweaked, it will happen a ways down the road.

Well at least someone has mentioned it and the dev’s might be aware of it.
Thanks for the update! I missed that before.

While not every suggestion has been taken at a 1:1 parity, the thoughtful analysis helped guide us to changes we could implement in this patch. Thanks very much to the community members who expressed their concerns in a respectful, constructive manner. It’s very helpful, and we greatly appreciate the thought and effort that went into making your voices heard!

Looking forward to Rend buffs thx @ Free and Rage for your work

6 Likes

Really excited for barb changes. Ww!!.

Monk on the otherhand very disappointing. Hope future patches address the existing problems.

Anyways looking forward for barbie times nxt patch.

I am glad that barbs were buffed. There is some truth to the old cliché: The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

4 Likes

You’re still trying to make rend a thing? Okay convince me. I could be wrong.

2 Likes

We DH don’t even get our most important forum threads stickied! We try to communicate via forums (even with ritual pizza sacrifices) but nothing gets across. :frowning:

While I know the developers read our DH comments, it just feels like we’re ignored!

Edit: we just got stickied!

5 Likes

The problem with Free’s suggestion is that one of the basic tenets of their proposal is not applicable to several other classes. Specifically, they claimed that barbs were the worst solo DPS class (that may not be true according to Prokhan’s analysis). Also, the definition of “meaningful buff” is problematic.

4 Likes

Congrats to some buffs, the new monk set is absolutely useless and really no buff except wind (no ltk, uli, tr or gen buff which were highly asekd for). But at least the barb buff should give us the hint that pointing on mistakes will probably change something.

2 Likes

Well free and the boys made gg posts. Monk section lacks such leadership. This patch at least shows some light. Always hopes in future patches.

If the sets are keeping rolling w/o defensive bonuses, we gonna demand support legendaries. Theres no way season paragon gonna survive push tier GR.

5 Likes

I very much disagree with this part of the post. Wizards have done this to death. It worked for Barbs because a lot of the community rallied and agreed with barbs.

I’m glad barbs got some long overdue changes, though. I thought Wrath of the Wastes wanted Dust Devils to be removed because of server strain? Do we really need Dust Devils? just axe it and move it over to Rend and reduce the load on servers.

Few other interesting changes. RIP to Thorns necromancers. That was broken and needed the nerf. Will be replaced with Demon Hunters in the meta. LoN Starpact is still hugely obnoxious and it wouldn’t surprise me to see WDs Wizards up next. Thank god, because this is the 3rd straight season of Chantodo’s. As far as Chantodo’s getting nerfed,well, I can’t say it wasn’t justified.

1 Like

Extremely excited for the new Barbarian items.

My sincerest thanks to everyone who suggested and supported these updates. And thank you to Blizz for finally listening to the Barb community!

6 Likes

This is the first really, really welcome patch notes in a long time. Fingers crossed some or all makes it live.

Way to go Free, Rage, et al.

4 Likes