Whirlwind is Super Buggy [Video]

Created this video to highlight current issues with whirlwind mechanics/alt targeting in D2R

55 Likes

Good job ! Indeed, it really needs to be fixed. Barbarian is for the moment unplayable at high level pvp.

Bring back the barbarian in the game !

8 Likes

Please fix this blizzard!

6 Likes

I just made my first spider sin and ww is practically unusable. I frequently just freeze mid-animation for a few seconds during duels on my screen and my enemy’s. Short tri-whirls have horrible hit detection and just don’t hit enemies at all most of the time. I desynch during long WWs and freeze/teleport. WW also just stops on enemies that it hits if you have your mouse on them.

All of these issues make WW basically unusable. Please look into this. We need WW fixed much more than we need new skill balancing and runewords. WW is a core skill for 2 characters in this game.

9 Likes

Please fix! Ww assassin is not playable, my favorite character

6 Likes

Whirlwind (WW) Assassin are nearly unplayable due to the large issues around Whirlwind granted by the Chaos Runeword. If you get hit by a Paladin Charge while in the middle of WW for example, this will cause the assassin to desync (similar to shown in the video clip). The assassin will still take damage, but the character will just stand still while the ww animation is still going on.

Another issue I encountered with this skill is that there is a delay between the start and stop of WW. This makes it difficult to do small tight triangle whirls. Please fix.

9 Likes

Agree the alt + ww is messing up QoL quite badly… Always end up ww locking a fleeing zealot in a3 trav.

8 Likes

Yes Whirlwind needs to be looked at Please fix these issues its almost impossible to use sometimes.

6 Likes

Making WW a ground-targetting-only skill for good would be a great start.
And please don’t forget to implement that in pre-expansion mode aswell.

8 Likes

This is also probably a great idea. What others skills behave like that? Summon grizzly?

1 Like

This really is a major bug. Frustrating in PVM, even more so in PvP.

5 Likes

Great post! #Make WW work again!!

5 Likes

Blizzard needs to fix this ASAP. WW Barb has been unplayable since the D2R has been released.

5 Likes

+1 fix this and ofc hybrid/ghost assa ww (from chaos!) asap

4 Likes

Yes, please fix the whirlwind issues discussed by OP.

4 Likes

WHOA I thought I was crazy for thinking WW was acting differently than the original game! This is really well done! Thank you for putting this together. Hopefully Blizzard sees this and makes the necessary changes… unless of course the current WW is intended to be as is.

5 Likes

Bump please fix thank you :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hopefully the devs fix this, ww baba is now very bad and totally unviable in pvp, same for any kind of assassin with chaos

Really good and informative video, thanks for explaining this so well!

5 Likes

A 1-hour bump?

Clap.

4 Likes

can confirm ww startup is a problem for whirlwind assassins. it does not function like it did in LoD

assassin claws are range 1 weapons and LoD assassins needed to do very tight whirlwinds nicknamed dance of death (DoD)
DoD is not possible in d2r because of whirlwind startup not attacking.
tight whirls are not possible, they just create gaps for the opponent to escape.

currently d2r forces players to do longer whirls so that the whirl actually attacks.
this gives less whirl control to stay within attack range.

assassin ww feels weaker on d2r than it was on lod

3 Likes