[2.4 Patch] WW Barbarian is still Bugged & Unplayable

Source? Been waiting for an official comment that indicates the devs intend to fix the bug (well… 4 bugs to be correct). I’m pretty sure on the dev stream they simply said that WW is not going to be patched, but you seem to have more information on their intentions with this skill

2 Likes

It’s from the interview with llamas when they first talked about upcoming 2.4 changes few weeks back

Go to YouTube and search d2r developer update stream hosted by mrllamasc

Fine you made me dig it up. 30:25 from the dev stream VOD. Could be interpreted many ways, but sounds like there is no intent at this time to change how whirlwind functions.

4 Likes

does the triangle method not work with WW in D2R? that’s how i’ve always played it to land the most hits.

no, short WWs do zero damage and being hit while WWing completely desyncs your character. Barbs are basically useless in 1v1 until they fix this.

5 Likes

Check the video in that topic

2 Likes

Ehm the bug is that Breath of the Dying says “if you kill something you have a 50% chance to procc a lv20 Poison Nova” which (currently) not happens with Whirlwind. (In Path of Diablo and Project Diablo 2 it’s fixed :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Honesty, it makes me very upset that Blizzard will not fix the bugs with Whirlwind and are simply going to put it on the backbuner after listening to the developer update.

7 Likes

Yep same way they still not banned D2jsp and those scamming/p2w idiots with their forumgold where they can literally get almost/perfect endgame gear for every specc within 1-5 days of a NEW LADDER.

“We want that everyone has a fair&square ladder start and experience” - Blizzard
fair&square my a**

2 Likes

please fix ww bug, barbarian is unplayable

4 Likes

I will bump this thread till I die- please fix

5 Likes

Making WW non-targetable is a simple JIRA ticket that can be done with probably a few lines of code. That is a big win for devs and anyone using WW. Nobody in the history of WW has ever wanted WW to target a specific monster/player.

3 Likes

Yes I’m sure the 20 year old code written in C++ thrown together by a handful of people is just too much for them to figure out.

2 Likes

Great post - barbarians are a core of pvp teams and very tough to play the character to it’s potential in its current state.

3 Likes

Great summary of the issue, thanks for keeping it in the forefront!

2 Likes

Yes, let’s keep this thread live !
Deserves attention.
4 bugs to fix on WW !? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

With patch 2.4 fixing kicks, and attempting to replace wsg (excited to try the pvp fhr changes later today!) this is the last big thing that needs fixed before we’re back at even with LoD

3 Likes

Thanks for the summary. Please Devs, fix the bug

3 Likes

Iso the devs to fix WW!

3 Likes

Making WW not able to target… genius. Would make WW so much smoother wow.

5 Likes