Whirlwind is Broken [Video]

Bug report:

22 Likes

Woah. I hadn’t made a barbarian yet. It doesn’t hit on short frames?

No more bvcs.

Should fix it

1 Like

always enjoy a good bug video.
makes it easy to identify the problems.
keep up the good work

animation errors fun… :confused:
those artists always sitting out back slackin’
~ fake social class hate ~

// the blue text background with white text blew out my retinas however

1 Like

Thanks for this Aaron. I was thinking of making one for my next build after finishing S25 in D3 but will wait until they fix it.

Matt Uelmen’s music in your video is so incredibly epic, the Diablo franchise is truly nothing without his music.

1 Like

honestly surprise this is not a lack of knowledge post and is an actual legit bug XD

while they fix the bug they should also make items untargetable without pressing alt if WW is assign to left click due to how it work…at least for players not using the perma alt toggle on…its annoying to try to WW at a destination and instead the barb just go off loot a random junk item :S

1 Like

np. Yeah the OG soundtrack is pretty epic for sure

damn they really broke a lot of stuff just to get gud graphics :slight_smile:

the way skills feel should be the the most important thing to conserve. sad they failed on that one.

1 Like

agreed with you on this one

Bump for awareness !!!

4 Likes

Very nice method of explaining the issue. I had no idea it was broken, but the video clearly highlights an issue.

3 Likes
  • 1 OP This topic should get more attention !
3 Likes

Thank you. Hoping this makes it into Patch 2.4 :smiley:

1 Like

Man, I’ve been playing an HC WW barb for a minute now (D2R Launch), and never noticed those issues. Now I’m gonna have to pay closer attention lol! OP, thanks for sharing,a

1 Like

What WW needs is more range too and a slight chance to dodge or negate incoming attacks against some monsters, it’s just not good for grouped enemies.

1 Like

Not trying to be snarky with this, but FHR (Faster Hit Recovery) helps.

1 Like

Not sure I understand. The problem shown here is that whirlwind is not able to deal the maximum amount of damage that the skill is designed for. How does FHR solve that?

Im guessing you die fast and miss hits maybe???

“What WW needs is more range too and a slight chance to dodge or negate incoming attacks against some monsters, it’s just not good for grouped enemies.”

I was replying to this comment. FHR will help immensely with Whirlwind while in mobs, and if you coupled FHR with increased attack speed and attack rating, your chances of being stunned/stopped in mobs goes down while increasing the chance to hit.

Saying whirlwind isn’t good for mob clearing is not even remotely accurate and ww was made just for that.

Again, replaying to the comment in quotations above.

thanks for taking the time. I get the feeling 80% of responding commenters failed to watch or pay any attention to the full video or your points made during the video. BUMP

WW works better when you have slower run speed/ frozen/ chilled.