Barb WW Bug (big difference from d2)

Hey,

there is a huge difference between original d2 and d2r when it comes to whirlwind barb:

Original D2:
You can press “alt” (show items) and hold it while whirlwinding someone in melee range. What will happen is that you do a very close whirlwind with minimal range, but you whirlwind!

D2R:
There is no way to force whirlwind on a namelocked mob in melee range. Doesnt matter which button assists your attack (shift, alt, and so on). What will happen is a regular melee swing instead of a short range whirlwind.

This leads to an unplayable skill due to not being able to properly whirlwind packs like in original d2 which makes the skill very clunky and not fun. I find myself standing in the middle of a pack starting to autohit things pretty much every pack.

one more thing:
Eventhough your barb does a regular melee hit like described above, that melee hit has the manacost of a whirlwind which makes this bug even more annoying!

Testet it with every “show item setting” possible, multiple weapons and multiple enemies.

This needs to be fixed or whirlwind finds no play at all!

Kind Regards
N4rc0tic

6 Likes

Yesssss plzzz fix this !! This is so annoying for real … Not only you don’t whirlwind but you hit them with a normal attack that cost 30 mana serously …

Thank you for writing this. I really was doubting myself about this issue. I couldn’t put my finger on it but something felt wrong with my WW Barb in D2R compared to my age old D2 experiences.
Thanks to you I now know exactly what it is and it’s now pretty obvious.
+1 to needed fix asap.

NOT FIXED… WW is not playable in D2R

I was wondering why it was so hard to do the “dance of death” triangle. PLEASE fix this Blizzard! Playing a Whirlwind barb feels so awkward and disjointed with this issue!

2 Likes

did the old build a char in one night spent most of it leveling then acquiring last few pieces then when i actually set up and attacked i was left wondering wtf is up with ww and clearly found myself here this needs a fix in the upcoming patch… not gonna hold my breath

1 Like

I agree ww sucks atm, small whirlwinds don’t register either on an enemy

I’m currently playing in solo player. And if you press Shift+Alt It won’t namelock.

Please try it and let me know if you have the same result in multiplayer!

-Lej,

If u wanna see a video display of the bugs, check this thread:

Why is blizzard not fixing this ?? Whirlwind barb’s in PvP are literally unplayable, huge disadvantage !!!

i only ever hold down shift. never saw a need for anything else with it. shift allows you to free attack.

whirlwind works much better for ik barb at least

i just looked at the patch notes again. they have made it so you dont have to use alt. if you are attacking an enemy that it right on you, you will spin instead of just swinging at them.

" * Whirlwind will be performed even when targeting adjacent enemies (used to perform a basic attack)"