Unable To Join Friend/Public Game

Thank you for not understanding the issue and just reaching for the easy solution that clearly will not work. It is an Authentication Server issue with .88 and .188 not communicating. IT IS NOT A BUG. IT IS NOT A GAME IP ISSUE. NO AMOUNT OF REMOVING FRIENDS FROM YOUR LIST WILL WORK. You cannot even manually join the game using a custom name///pass for the game in the lobby screen.

Anyone looking for a solution: find out what Authentication server your friend is on and then logging out and trying to get that same Authentication server when you reconnect. If you are trying to join public games good luck and enjoy your temp ban trying to join games. You can check which Authentication server you are on when you log in by using the powershell command without quotes: “netstat -anob | Select-String -Pattern D2R.exe -Context 1,0 | findstr :443 | findstr ESTABLISHED”

Good luck.

5 Likes

Do you know which IP is the “main” one where most people connect to?

It’s not “speculation” though, it’s been proven already?

1 Like

Hey all,

I’m not here to argue with all this, and I’ll be the first to admit that there’s a possibility there’s a reproduceable bug that might be fixable by the devs. However, I dropped into this thread to state the information I’ve been given to the best of my knowledge and provide possible work arounds which have worked for some players. I am not a developer, and as previously mentioned, this is not the Bug Report forums. If the Auth servers are not communicating to each other correctly, that would be a bug, because they should be communicating with eachother. As earlier mentioned, if a bug is occurring that needs to be posted on the right forum, and there’s a thread on this in Bug Report as well.

As for if a deploy is actively occurring, I can try to get that info and then try some reproduction of this on my end, see if I can confirm things and poke some folks, but keep in mind that until things are confirmed all I can really tell you is the things people have been successfully trying to fix things in hopes that they help you. If they’re not working for you, THAT is useful information here in tech support. For those who HAVE tested those options please feel free to let us know here, but trying to fight with me isn’t really going to get anything done because it’s not the concrete info we need to solve things like this.

Going to try to see if a deploy is actively going on so I can reproduce this on my end, and if I hear anything else, I’ll be happy to share.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

This is a new occurrence of a bug that has existed already. You can see here: "This game is no longer available to join" - #47 by SunTzu-1296 a topic from September was revived after yesterday’s login issues were resolved.

The root cause is different though. For one, you flat out cannot join cross realm at all anymore as of last night.

This is an issue of being on a different server (even same region) than someone else. Games are not interconnected anymore across servers or regions

“Exactly optimal” lmfao yeah no, it definitely isnt. Like the chat system, like the friend system, like the 1 minute ban after trying to join a game, etc etc etc

Yeah its like a 14hour bug, maybe it will pass. Drink lots of water and hope they add .88 back into .188 routing table (or vice versa).

1 Like

first they have to reproduce it, even though the entire community is complaining about it…

Dont think it would be that difficult to reproduce… as its happening to the majority of us…

Their a$$ covering and denial policies are insane.

There’s nothing to confirm, the community has already figured out where’s the problem while there is no communication from the devs as they’re testing things (that further destroy online play) in production w/o maintenance.

1 Like

I can’t say it or I’ll get banned.

But it starts with a d and ends with a y, and it isn’t university.

Is this currently being worked on? Or what?

so which are the “main” IPs from this list? I noticed last night i got put in the backup server with very few games. I’ll just block the ones that have low population

North America

Europe

Asia

is 88 or 188 the main one

Games busted with this issue. Que, okay fine. But at least we can play with friends.

But now? Now that’s even an issue. Come on guys.

If you needed the extra time. You should have taken the extra time and released the game a month from now.

This is insanity.

Maybe you can spur your CS higherups to reach out to the engineering team that should interconnect the login servers or at least put out a public statement that they’re working on it?

Hello. Just to inform the game Devs - There is no difference if you are friend or not with the player you want to play. It depends on which server you are logged as your friend. Fix this because you are destroying the game. There was very few games before, there even less now! If this is what you wanted to do - you did it!

1 Like

that is true torrid, we coudn;t join same game even if we weren;t in the friend list

I can confirm now that games are separated by server even on the same region.

Reproduce:

• created a game on .188 server.
  • keep relaunching d2r until you get on the .88 server
  • You cannot find the game you made from the .188, you can even make the same game name on the .88 server

command to check the server you are connected to (from a post above) “netstat -anob | Select-String -Pattern D2R.exe -Context 1,0 | findstr :443 | findstr ESTABLISHED”

3 Likes

So any update. Info? Hello?

Im afraid this is not a “bug” but a intended modify for lighten the servers load…
It was come after the maintenance.

this will literally kill diablo 2 public games even more if this is the case

i feel like they didn’t take into consideration the 1000s upon 1000s of people who get game names from people outside of the lobby.

that is not an exaggeration, it is way better find games from other sources since the lobby hardly shows any games. also, you have more of a choice.

it’s how we join private chaos runs, trades, etc

there’s multiple discord servers with 15,000 people + and multiple forums with 1000s of users who all get games from others outside of the lobby

so many people will and are running into this issue and it is destroying public and private games more than the 1 minute cool down for trying to join a game that’s full or doesn’t exist is