The DELETE CHARACTER button should be fixed IMMEDIATELY

Game devs also expect standards. Just pay attention is the absolute BARE minimum they expect. If you are in such a rush to exit the game that you click through the “Are you sure you want to delete this character” without reading it, that’s on you.

No amount of UI changes will fix impatient people that don’t want to read.

There needs to be some level of personal responsibility.

3 Likes

Delete character for controllers needs to be like LB + RB, not X.

2 Likes

Once you click the RED X a window pops up center of your screen asking you if you are sure you want to do this and you much click again to complete the delete action.

so who is to blame? you the clicker that made the choice!

Deleting with a controller is literally just X then A.

1 Like

The UI doesn’t need a fix, look on the left of your darn screen. It literally says EXIT DIABLO 2

Sorry already saw a red X close button on the complete opposite side of the screen since its the only red button, my eyes aren’t going to parse through and read a whole list of menu items on the left.

Why dont you all just READ my original post where I addressed your “just read” / “just analyze the screen” comments.

Again. Here’s some reading recommendations for you, since you seem to enjoy reading so much:

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Think-Revisited-Usability-dp-0321965515/dp/0321965515/

https://www.amazon.com/Design-Everyday-Things-Revised-Expanded/dp/0465050654/

Edit:

AnotherOne.gif:

Rest in Peace Paladin.

This will continue to happen because the UI is broken, even worse with a controller apparently.

This guy LITERALLY JUST DROPPED HIS CONTROLLER and it deleted his character. Yet you continue to spout your nonsense about this is not a problem. Just go away if you think it isn’t a problem, for many people it definitely is a huge problem.

Diablo 3 can apply to restore the wrongly deleted character files on the official website

In addition, I really suggest modifying the shortcut menu of deleting characters after the connection handle

It’s best to hide it in the secondary menu, preferably like the switch version

Do you know how painful it is to delete an account for hundreds of hours by mistake

How much I love Diablo 2 is painful, but deleting characters is too easy to misoperate

No you can’t. You can only use the in-game “restore last delete”.

this is an easy fix - Diablo 2 has a metric ton of screen space real-estate. just change the TINY X to “DELETE”. It’s clearer, non-ambiguous and more Diablo than vague icons. Anytime you substitute icons for actual descriptive (even 1 word) buttons its because screen space real-estate is tight - that is NOT the case on the character creator - its a LONG flat section - just change it to DELETE and when the confirmation comes up, use some BOLDED letter and maybe require typing the name of the character to confirm deletion - takes 5 seconds and is safe.

Deleting characters is NOT a functions that should take 3 seconds, it IS something that SHOULD take at least 6-10 seconds because its done RARELY. deleting 20 characters? taking 2-3min for 20 characters is reasonable and understandable and the biggest issues of obscurity and accidental misclick is completely alleviated.

Remember - Ppl ARE idiots. if you have ANY experience in sales/service - this is common sense. hope for the best, but design your UI around the worst and make it simple and easy to understand, not “intuitive and easy” - this is a trap and becomes an ideology in itself rather than serving a function = competent usability with no room for error or accidents.

3 Likes

This needs to be fixed!!! I also deleted a char by mistaked. I was lucky, it was only level 20. Now I am warned.
But, a friend deleted level 84 full geared blizz-sorc by mistake. With no chance of recovery … he stops now playing d2r. I can understand that frustation. UI isn’t perfect here.
I stopped playing with controller now regarding this issue and for playing with mouse/keyboard, I did a Windows-Forms-App with an TopMost-Overlay to that X-Button. That pressing on it is not possible. I have to exit the WFA , if I want to delete a char. Solved for me…

Copy of my ticket,

I have deleted a second character with 100+ hours on it due to an issue that can be fixed. OK, The controller mapping on the lobby screen is the issue. when using a ps4 controller it maps the square button as delete character. When you hold the controller in your hand you thumb naturally goes to the square button on said controller. PLEASE REMOVE THE DELETE BUTTON FROM CONTROLLER MAPPING. when trying to enter a game you can hit both Square and X at the same time which instantly deletes your character. with no ways of restoration of a character in this game there has to be some kind of a safeguard against this. Options include 1- remove the delete button mapping from controllers 2- adding a timer before the game allows you to accept the delete 3- adding a feature that you have to type DELETE to confirm deletion of a character 4- deleted character goes to a state that the player can restore for a period of time.
This ticket has been marked as Answered.
31 minutes ago
Llosayar
31 minutes ago
This is Game Master Llosayar, I wanted to take some time and write to you and let you know I truly appreciate your patience in these times, and what I could do for you.

In the words of my people, Bal’a dash, malanore.

I greatly appreciate our communities’ efforts in not only discovering but also reporting areas within our games that need improvement which help to create the most Epic experiences possible. These reports help make sure you and all players are able to enjoy their time within our Games as much as possible! And with that being said, Right now there isn’t a change up the controller mapping or the placement of buttons on the character screen, or how the delete character ability functions, but that doesn’t mean we cant get something like this changed!

(っ- ‸ -)っ :heart:

Change is what keeps the wheels moving, and sometimes the mark is missed so change needs to occur, it’s always for the best.

So give us a shout out here:

D2R Diablo II: Resurrected - Diablo 3 Forums

Posting on the forums and gaining momentum on this is a way other players can lend their voice and show our Development team a change like this is truly needed.

If you have any other questions or concerns come up, me and my brigade of Game Masters will be here to help! If you are all set, sweet! If you do need more help with this same issue just click on the ticket and reply!

I’m on PC, but the controller with square as the delete button I agree should be fixed. Just have both PC/console like WoW where you have to type out delete to delete the character. Boom problem solved.

Bump for you. Sorry you lost your character.

Honestly, though. Dumbest user interface design since 1980. Who THE HELL thought of making it an X?

Wannabe pirate? :upside_down_face:

I’m sorry, I don’t know what you mean.

X marks the spot on pirate treasure maps…

1 Like

Pirates planting treasure with an ‘x’ marks the spot, it was a bad joke lol

oh, lol. I’m an idiot

I’ll take it all on my cape :wink: