The current patch is an insult to the whole pvp community

Dear blizzard, i just finished reading the patch note and i must say im very happy about terror zones. They look really exciting. But, as a pvper, my excitement is sadly sadened by the lack of someone we now spent 4 months (and more, accouning ptr time) asking you.

Indeed, we have been spaming topic explaining in great lengh how the hit recovery change blizzard did in 2.4 litteraly ruins pvp. A topic with others 10k views // 400 posts stayed on the front page whole time : [2.4 Patch] Pvp is compromised - Fast Hit Recovery / Stun Issue - #472 by DHA-2187

We did in depth analysis, we explained again and again the problem at hand and we even suggested tons of potential solutions.

And yet we were totaly ignored. Even worse, the only change regarding pvp in this patch is the following : " * Fixed an issue where Blood Golem was not correctly stealing life from a PvP opponent."

Like… WHAT. THE. HELL

We didnt ask for anything in 2.3 blizzard. We didnt ask for you to even care about pvp, to even change anything concerning pvp. We knew balance change will come for pvm and we were like “well ok we will have to deal with it.”

And then you came up with the worst patch ever pvp wise by implementing a freaking stun immunity, a mechanic SPECIFICALY DONE FOR PVP. A change we didnt want, a change we didnt need, a change we didnt ask for and finaly, a change almost NO ONE in pvp liked.

We told you it was bad during ptr, you still did it. We told you it was indeed ruining pvp after the fact, and now you come back in 2.5… and nothing change. We didnt even ask much for god sake. Just that you clean your own crap and remove the poorly made mechanic you threw at us for no reason in 2.4.

This is insane actually, my brain refuse to really compute the fact that you looked at pvp and then conclued “Oh ok, i know, those guys need a blood golem fix”. Even with out accounting for your stupid hit recovery change / stun immunity / diminush return crap (which is still a lie because its not diminush return, but at that point w/e), there is a tons of bugs we told you existed in pvp and that you didnt even bother to look at.

This is an incredible disgrace. Shame on you blizzard

73 Likes

Agreed - this is sad.

Since 2.4, Players vs Players is extremly boring and bad because of the reworking of Fast Hit Recovery / Stun (for PvP only).

As explained here:

18 Likes

Just disappointing from them really. I wonder how do they define success? They made a PvP change, it had a 90%+ disapproval rating and yet it is completely ignored. Does one sit there and say everyone is wrong except me? Brutal man.

19 Likes

Such a sad time for PvP. I’ve been patiently waiting months for this update and had hoped there would at least be an attempt to salvage the pvp in d2r.

Please for the love of Diablo look at FHR and how stun works in PvP.

15 Likes

I have to agree. This is nonsense at highest level. How can they overlook a 10k view topic, with more than 400 comments. I just dont get it.

Blizzard/devs - please make d2r great again. Make us feel like we back in legacy, by reverting the FHR changes.

We want FHR back.
We want the items that actually have FHR to matter again (since no breakpoints is need to escape)
We want to actually get the needed fhr for those specific breakpoints. But now it doesnt matter, you can get out of everything.

All of this, is something many of us from this community actually provided a fix too, but again, you’re ignored.

Just make us old guys feel like we back in d2 legacy, let us have the fun in the pvp area that we need, and miss.

14 Likes

Vouch on anything Harg and DHA said countless of time.
Pvp is horribly ridiculous since 2.4 and last hopes were that you guys would figure out your mistakes before 2.5 comes out, but it seems like you guys have no idea on what you’re doing.
About to uninstall, thx for the experience, was terrible.

14 Likes

Dear Blizzard, simply reverting the 2.4 FHR Change / Diminishing return / whatever you call it would’ve been the least you can do for the PvP Community!

Current mechanic is fundamentally broken, making PvP much less entertaining with details already explained a million times in the topics linked to this thread.

Please stop ignoring our feedback!

14 Likes

I agree, they f’d up on FHR/IAS/werebear/werewolf/WW. these are more pressing issues than introducing terror zones. hell they are introducing zero QoL features so this whole thing sounds super silly…

9 Likes

I think during the 2.4 ptr, they have given out surveys about the new fhr changes. If more people disagreed in ptr, it wouldn’t have gone live. However this could mean there are more people who likes the new FHR than small niche of strong pvp community.

2 Likes

People disagree in 2.4 Ptr. We reported it already in PTR.

Nobody listened.

9 Likes

We did we absolutely hammered it with dozens and dozens of topics. Constantly ignored its frustrating

5 Likes

I mean who knows the actual number of participants who agreed and disagreed to fhr. Nobody knows the # except we only see the ones who are more vocal on forum.

Instead we should try to adapt to new changes, and make things work.
Like in gm tourney, there’s many rules. Maybe incorporate a rule that no FHR on gear is allowed. That way you still get stun + some hits in.

3 Likes

Blizzard, make it so for Patch 2.5…

4 Likes

Agree with this post. New patch notes seems like they are trying to copy end game D3 content into D2 instead of listening to the community on what we want to make our preferred game even better.

6 Likes

If blizz eont fix the fhr in 2.5, the pvp gsme will be dead in 2.6 for sure.

Ppl pvped in 2.4 in hope blizz gonna fix their mistakes.

Pve is more popular than pvp for sure but pvp is the d2 economy

With no pvper, who gonna pay 40 bers for a 2 20 30 GG circlet?

You guys are killing pvp and it’s gonna kill d2r.

8 Likes

I really REALLY hope they look at this and at least let us know if they are going to work on something or not. I totally agree, and need PVP to come back.

2 Likes

I still wonder from where they take their input.

As Harg said the topic as been in main page for so long if they look at these forum its impossible they missed it.

And this Blood Golem thingy, WHO did report that, its just a non sense

There are major bugs (losing namelocks, deadzones) being ignored and you come with the most random pvp related fix. It must be a troll, you cant be serious about it

4 Likes

It makes me sad to see the PvP’rs suffer. I wish Blizz would just fix it for you guys :confused:

4 Likes

You cant do that, because it will go back to old issue with stuns being too OP. Solution is to make some change but not going back before FHR change completely.

2 Likes

we take stun being too op any day over no stun at all, this isnt even a choice lol. And we suggested a lot of way about how to nerf them in the appropriate way

3 Likes