[2.4 Patch] Pvp is compromised - Fast Hit Recovery / Stun Issue

I dun no…anythjng…but I hope the change is at a level that will satisfy the majority.

2 Likes

lol, outside of tvt against amped characters, smite and vt are barely more than tier 2 characters right now. And they werent even op in 2.3

2 Likes

we adapted since long lol. We know what to play and how to play it in this new meta. Doesnt change the fact that its crap and it was 100% better before

4 Likes

These issues need to be resolved and reverted and not accepted as features.

2 Likes

Well this is unfortunate…

Indeed - Very disapointing…

It seems so easy to make the game better for Players vs Players but nobody is listening.

3 Likes

Agreed DHA, it wouldn’t take much time to revert back to 2.3 FHR and stun system.

4 Likes

You’re absolutely right… It wouldn’t be if someone was listening to and acknowledging the feedback provided… Seems 11k views and this topic sitting on top of the General Discussions forum for months is not enough

2 Likes

ZERO HYPE FOR 2.5! What a waste of time! BAIT AND SWITCH GAME!
VERY VERY VERY EXTRA BAD

3 Likes

Agree with the issues discussed here. Disappointed to not see any updates to FHR or stun for pvp.

5 Likes

How sad it is by the way…

3 Likes

Dear Blizzard, please review our feedback and address the FHR issue.

Thank you,

4 Likes

So you had to hit weapon switch rapidly to break stun effect. You know that’s a bug right? That’s exploiting a bug, same way trapsin exploited mind blast and traps, smite, charge… Was all these people mad all the trapsins, smiters, and chargdins? The exploit of stun was everyone’s go to pvp char? What happened to Fair play? Omg I can’t stun lock people any more so I’m gong to call pvp ruined. Back in 1.09 we had good fair duels. People played with honor. All melee games, and all elemental games. If an Ele fighter came to a melee game, we stacked on resists, sorb, and ran them out. We didn’t put up with people exploiting and pking. Unless that was the game made, reg duels. When 1.10 came out pvp was ruined. All kinds of unfair ele damage, stun exploits ect…
You all sound exactly like we did when 1.10 came out. ALL of us 1.09 people were mad. I soon after quit the game for about 20 years. Rest assured, they will watch you quit and never come back before they change it again. Right now I am laughing my A off. What comes around, eventually goes around, even 20 years later. Cry more plz, this is cracking me up.

4 Likes

thx for the free bump champ

2 Likes
  1. we are not talking about bringing back wsg, we are talking about deleting the 2.4 mechanic.

2. Melee duels was always possible after 1.09 lmao, the problem is more most pvpers went to classic duels. You know why ? because generally melee duels is just a boring stat check / rng fight

3. no one in his right mind is crying about smite and charge lmao

4. What you call exploit of stun has always being a base mechanic in 2v2 pvp : you catch and hit someone, you are a rewarded by being able to deal signigicant dmg because he stays stunned a bit (perma stun to death happens but arent as frequent as a lot of pvmers here seems to think). If you play aggressivly, catch someone and arent rewarded proprely for it, the game become crap because then, why bother playing aggressively ?

5. The current patch is an insult to the whole pvp community - #148 by necesarypapr-1460 can you do the same post in that topic pls ? I need a bump too. Thanks in advance bud

6 Likes

Indeed, keep it up !

2 Likes

I think this 2.4 FHR patch is reasonable and good enough.

2.3 The stun system was seriously unbalanced and not even fun.

With Enigma’s teleport, every players could approach to opponent without any risk.
and then just hit make him stun in a row.

is that really fair and fun?

Developers are doing a very good job.

And Next move, nerf to Enigma’s teleport.
like PD2 as we know the greatest PvP balanced server.

1 Like

you’re right.

they just whining like a child because their character have been nerfed.

actually D2’ Melee characters have the best movement skills(teleport) and stun with even great damage.
is that really fair and good balanced?

i think Developers are fixing this to good way.

2 Likes

Touchy subject, but I don’t think the game is unsalvageable just because the devs think it is a bad idea to build further on a bug (imo WSG was an oversight, not a bug, but it’s the same thing really). The difficult part about addressing stun is establishing how much is too much and how much is too little.

The complaints look contradictory. When WSG, something that mostly cancels out stun, was removed, they said the game was finished because of stun. And then when stun was nerfed, they said the game was finished because of no stun. So we don’t in fact know what we are after… My take is that the complexity of the move should determine the amount of damage it results in. Since smite or shockwave are more difficult to pull off, then it is only right that those result in more damage (i.e. more duration so that I get more time to deal free damage against enemy). Mind blast is too easy to pull off, so it does not have business dealing much damage, i.e. less duration. But then pallys and druids deal a lot of damage whereas asns don’t, so it doesn’t matter as much how much assassins stun the enemy anyway. I also think that since pvp goes on everywhere in the game, among new players with half-leveled and half-geared chars and not just among players that use RMT’d chars, then stun mechanics should be formulated based on all tiers of pvp, but I would agree that emphasis should be on fully-leveled, fully-geared optimised chars, not on the garbo chars…

But since it would be a lot of work to set individual durations on each skill, I would say the same duration on all would suffice anyway. The consensus appears to be that people should be immobilised for ~3 seconds. My opinion on WSG is that it should not be brought back because WSG is like a double redundancy: they basically created an OP stun and then they attempted to negate it by using a glitch/oversight to circumvent the set limits of the game. So there will be no more glitch to bail out bad programming/balance. Dev team will have to get the timing correct on this. IMO about 1.5 - 2.2 seconds should be sufficient duration, followed by a brief no stun period. I only pvp’d for a few weekends this season though (leveling the chars already takes most of the time I get to spend on this game lol), so I could be slightly out of touch with the current patch.

how to know if someone is reading us