PvP Arena? Ideas to spark competition in the game

I think Diablo 2 is great how it is but it could be better. I always had a feeling once you completed the game and got the gear you wanted it was just a mindless grind for rare gear. Adding PvP arena and tweaks to character skills could spark some competition in the game, maybe even add a guild function I could see a player increase and some interesting content coming from this, maybe even leaderboards for PVP or Magicfinding, something that would motivate players to do more and have more ways to play the game.

Also I understand there’s Terror zones now but they don’t seem that intimidating. There should be a dungeon or certain map that has insanely difficult monsters that require a big party to go through and the bosses have increased chance to drop good rare items and would have to be coordinated to complete and nearly impossible to solo.

there are others priorities for pvp honestly… The current patch is an insult to the whole pvp community

what would make me be interested in pvp

• exclusive match finder/lobby for 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 and clvl brackets
  • tournament mode:
    • 16 players
    • each player pays a pul to enter
    • 4 1x1, than 2 1x1 and finals 1x1
    • winner takes all
  • the good and old free4all
  • spectator mode for all above
  • in game public profile with:
    • total x1, (won and lost)
    • total x2, (won and lost)
    • total x4, (won and lost)
    • total F4A, (won and lost)
    • tournaments won and lost
    • top 7 most played classes with numbers of matches with each
    • top X (depends on the amount of brackets) most played lvl bracket
    • win ratio by class
  • NL and Ladder, SC and HC rankings for each mode and bracket
  • only magics, only rares, only uniques and “only RWs” modes
2 Likes

I don’t think anyone minus a small group takes d2 pvp seriously

Again

No pvp ladder
No pvp gear
No pvp skills
No pvp rewards

It’s a for fun mode in a pve game and literally would be missed by maybe 2% or less the d2 population