Same 20 games in lobby

is there a reason for when I hit the refresh button it shows the same 20 games? Some of which have been open for over 2 hours?

I’m not interested in Cows15 that’s been done for 45mins. So I hit refresh, and that same game is sitting there. What’s the deal with the refresh button? Why doesn’t it actually work? How can I filter out games that have been open for over 30minutes? What possible use could I have for Baalwalk77 that’s 30 minutes old?

Is there a fix coming for this? Or do I just spam the refresh button that doesn’t do anything until a random game that isn’t 1:30:27 pops up? Anyone else having this problem?

11 Likes

There is some weird filter in the game list. It doesn’t show all games and isn’t really working at all. Big disappointment that they didn’t mention Lobby&Channels in 2.4.

4 Likes

I broke it down pretty clearly in this thread.

You can actually use a VPN to connect to different game-lists, but it’s still not a viable workaround. If you’re desperate it will work for now. For example, my HC list only had 2 games, I connected to Montreal Canada and their HC list had 7 games on it.

This is an important issue that should be addressed before ladder launches. I can’t even stress enough how much more productive the game would feel. And this isn’t asking for a new feature, it’s asking to restore the online mode to it’s original functional state. Even Diablo 1, 1996 had a better online mode. This one is dead and lifeless.

This is actually the most important issue they could address for ladder. A connected game-list with a search filter. PD2 has just that. If they can do it Blizzard can too right? The only way it doesn’t get done is if people act like nothings wrong. Yeah yeah, I get it it’s hard to remember what the game was like in 2001. Yeah well I can, and I know how much more fun it was.

8 Likes

sounds like they want us to socially distance online

4 Likes

In HC you literally cant find a single game all day sometimes . If you make a public game to start something, PKers come in and try to kill you.

4 Likes

The game has some weird filters. Don’t worry about it! Keep trying!

:rofl: well said, that’s exactly how the game feels right now.

1 Like

Go say something in my post too. Get more attention to this issue (because it is an issue).

You will join Cows15!

4 Likes

A long time ago, and by that I mean 20 years or so, I joined a cows game that was way past it’s conclusion and sitting on the ground was a unique monarch.

I mean… wow baby. Sometimes there is a payoff.

1 Like

Stuff the update, I’m done with this game until they fix these kind of QOL features or add in players 8 online. The multiplayer experience is dreadful and progress once you have level 90+ is just dismally slow.

2 Likes

Lobby in its entirety is complete garbage. Blizzard should be totally ashamed of this. What a many huge steps backwards from classic.

3 Likes

I feel like the PTR exposes how bad it really is. In what world would I have 0 games on my list with thousands of players online?

The last time I experienced something like this was Diablo 1 in 2010, but that’s only because there were literally 0 players online.

I agree I think this is actually more important than ladder, or any new content.

3 Likes

I have to agree . This is the most important thing Devs could/should have to fix RIGHT NOW. How could Llama not bring it up??? oh! I forgot! he was too busy giggling/ blushing.

1 Like

I play D2 online so that I can play with myself, wait that came out wrong

2 Likes

I think the games you see are based on ping, somehow everyone I’ve met on this game is from about 20 minutes away from me. It’s odd for sure but I don’t think you’re going to see a lot going on unless you join a clan and find people from all over that way

1 Like

The lobby, Friend list and matchmaking system are all completely f’d they just about work enough for people to play.

Lots of people are annoyed by this and its been said many many times. Quite a large percentage of the population would rather they scrap the proposed changes and fix the damn game first but we got completely ignored apparently.

was the most recent one I saw but there have been lots of other posts about this since forever :confused:

3 Likes

It’s based 100% on location. Which is really dumb. I can VPN into a specific city and get a new game list. I can then change the VPN server of that city, and get another game list.

1 Like

You can go on any D2R related youtube video and find guys like this all over.

The fact is there are enough classic players. The problem is if there are 200 (America) classic players, those players are being divided up by 10+ servers, where as on the original game, they would only be divded by two realms. 100/100. It’s also highly situational. Some guy might live in a lower populated area and be connected to 5 guys or less.

It’s sad that this guy is left to think “there aren’t enough classic players!!!” and even his “It just doesn’t make sense to me” is sad to read.

I know there is a more technical side to this, and it might not be as simple as let’s have this ready for next patch. But the PD2 modders were capable of rerouting all servers to a single game-list (and a lot more lobby QOL than that), I’m sure Blizzard can do it too. If it’s an issue with the older code, they should hire the PD2 guy on temporary contract for a few months to help out.

Now is the perfect time to test these things out while we’re all on PTR before ladder.

This kind of “QOL” would kill about 6 birds with one stone.

2 Likes

I was shocked that there were no lobby improvements on the ptr. Will they really release ladder when the lobby/chat is in pre-alpha state?

If there’s some impossible technical issue with battle net 2.0 that makes it impossible to make a list of games with basic filtering they should at least tell the players because right now it just looks like they don’t care.

1 Like