Now that Ladder has proven to be a total failure and majority are unhappy

I blame “purists” for this outcome as the #1 reason. D2R sales are also considered a failure compared to Diablo 3 sales as you can see here:

Can we expect more major changes than just tweaking numbers, dear Blizzard?
Everywhere I look is frustration when it comes to ladder, we need those major changes.

Here’s my personal list, I have written some of it before and added to it:

1. First just about everything CharlesJT wrote here: Comprehensive Wishlist for Future Patch 2.5
  2. Player X Command for online.
  3. Personal loot that works this way: any damaging characters get loot dividedly allotted to them for 5-10 seconds before being free-for-all. Leechers don’t reap all rewards unless damaging/killing characters allow them to.
  4. Classic shared stash for God’s sake.
  5. Hostile feature is toxic and is there for griefing mostly, let me PvP when I want to, with whoever I want to. Make it initiative much like Trading prompt. This will make Hardcore more alive.
  6. Get rid of “Glitched Rush”. I thought people hated The Evil D3 because of low effort high reward? It’s also unhealthy to the game and group play that they also preach while being anti-social because their real ulterior motive is abusing fillers with pay-to-win crap.
  7. Charm inventory because all it does is time reduction and making it less tedious. Pure epitome of QoL.
  8. Fix the damned chat, bring back old lobbies with private channels, make friendlist work similar to D2LoD (friend joined game), make game list show all games not just Limit X. Also yes give consoles their damned lobbies same as PC.
  9. Some sort of marketplace and in-game trade currency that is tied to a mode (ladder/non classic/expac softcore/hardcore).
  10. The game list is broken. Let us also filter it (trade/baal/cows/dia/act x). Let us also search it. Let it also be unlimited or at least 300 games.
  11. Don’t be afraid to nerf. Minor buffs failed as the meta still reign terror.
  12. Actually start Ladder in a time that is fair to all major time-zones (EU/ASIA/US).
  13. Did I mention more storage, and more character slots? Like way more.
  14. Yes, stack-able stash too.

Feel free to add to the list, folks.

23 Likes

Immortal will be out in 2 months.

Ladder was Great. one of the best Season Starts Blizzards done.

Stop complaining. Play single player if you want personal loot or /players 8 or play in a coordinated group where you share loot online.

Hostile is defining feature.

Anyways, I respect your opinion. I disagree.

Most importantly, if Blizzard did these changes besides UI fixes and certain Ladder season stuff like New Runewords or events, D2R will die a very fast death. Most of your list is why D3 died and D2 lived 20 years. Progress for progress sake for a loud minority destroys everything it touches.

Immortal out in couple months and D4 be out in couple years.

18 Likes

Sorry, you have put zero counter logical argument against my changes, and the majority are unhappy with Ladder and agree with me.

This is D2 forums. D3/Immortal/D4-phobia is not relevant.

5 Likes

Good, so you can leave the D2R community and go play this instead. It’s a win/win for everyone.

12 Likes

i do not play phone games lmao. POE 2 is coming !!! Last epoch multiplayer is also coming, i have no faith in blizzard although the d4 dungeons video looked very cool i aint buying blizzard crap anymore. Wait and see once d4 has been out for a while and is cheap screw blizzard.

3 Likes

It’s weird, this is my first season of ladder and have enjoyed it for the most part (but I feel for the wrong reasons). I have enjoyed starting a new fresh character with no inventory help and leveling up (68 right now). But I think in the end single player is more my speed. I really appreciate the fixed maps in single player especially since on ladder I don’t care to take part in the trading scene so it just more effort for the same results.

That said ladder is exactly what I expected (aside from the server issues) and I am sure people who tend to enjoy ladder are having a good time.

4 Likes

Care you show me another 22+ year old game remaster that sold 5m+ copies that wasn’t targeted at kids?

8 Likes

Also is an ARPG and also called Diablo and also has dark gothic style. Why stop there.

Thank you for passing by.

Because you can’t. Case closed. It sold very well for a game everyone already bought 5 copies of before the remaster.

Obviously I limited to games not targeted at kids for a reason anyone with two brain cells could reason out. If the target audience is younger than the game they don’t see it as a remaster.

Many of us would have never bought the game in the first place with your changes lol. I know I wouldn’t.

3 Likes

It’s actually easy but you really are not worth the effort.

I will put it for people and start ignoring you though. GTA: The Trilogy. Probably even Tony Hawk if they show us 7 months sales (compared to D2R awesome figures).

Save your mental gymnastics though, I won’t waste my energy on someone who can’t do basic research.

Edit: As you all can see, haha. Failed mental gymnastic time and derailing the topic.:rofl:
LMAO they’re still at it and editing their post, the salt is very real with their wounds. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Easy. Yeah that does sound too hard for you. Your evidence is as weak as your arguements.

Also Blizzard already got your $40. Their design worked. It got YOU and the purists to buy it. Great success. You know those 9 other guys complaining with you on here every day? They paid for it to. Seems like Blizzard accomplished their goal. Thanks for supporting a great game.

Next time just put your money where your mouth is.

1 Like

5 million copies sold, but because of their epic failure with this revival i doubt there is even 100 thousand playing it at this point. Realistically i would say 10-20 k still playing. It is too faithful of a remaster for modern times, there are way better ways to play D2

2 Likes

Yep I know, some people are just not thinkers I guess. Best ignore them they’re arguing just for attention.

Player retention will be at all time low. Already, Hardcore is dead and I assume so is Classic. Can’t imagine people sticking to Softcore for much longer. Can’t imagine people being excited for next Ladder if there are no major changes.

1 Like

How do you need more character stash? Stop hording, you are saving 99% junk. You prolly also are a grown man crying while drinking Mt Dew and wiping crumbs off your shirt.

2 Likes

this is why this game will never succeed right here ^^^^ let me guess you love the fact runes/gems/potions do not stack as well

2 Likes

Imagine being this human. Just imagine.

Also, do not project. I am 200% certain I am more fit than you will ever be.

Right?!?!?!? They are so hilarious.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Keep crying man baby, while we all continue to play a game thats awesome. Make sure to not skip a shower, its cool to shower ! :smiley:

2 Likes

No one is crying, you’re entertaining us (:clown_face:). The projecting is so real and calling people “man baby” when your insults were last used in middle school make it even more hilarious.

Ah well, keep on going angry big man. As entertaining as you are, I am already bored of you.

3 Likes

the only reason d3 even sold good is because of diablo 2 lol. look at the old forums on d3.everyone was so excited before launch then look at them a week later lol…everyone knows d3 sold good because d2 was such a success

9 Likes

Debunked. Read the topic I referenced in OP.

I post facts with citations.