Quitting HardCore

I can accept being beaten by the game, I can accept being beaten in PVP that i have willingly entered in to, but what i cant accept is being Hostiled & jumped, PK’d by a griefer with Uber items with no opportunity to fight back, a 10 second delay in being hostiled would have prevented this. So thats me done in HC, may your world get ever increasingly smaller.

3 Likes

dont quit, we need somebody to fight back. anti-pk’s require the most skill and respect.

1 Like

Item imbalance dictates that unfair gameplay is just not worth the effort.

All HC chars deleted.

When going Hostile gets “fixed” so the “victim” at least has a choice in wether to partake, I’m out of the game. (Thanks for the encouragement though :slight_smile:

I have compiled a comprehensive list of things that if Blizzard do, Diablo II Resurrected would be a thousand times better:

I have also spoken to people who take “PvP” way too serious and told them it is zero skill and unbalanced (better gear always wins), but keep them in their delusions.

Many people will oppose you OP as they opposed me, because this is the only anti-social game exists for them where they can behave this way and get away with it, and the only game that rewards abusers and punishes legit players.

You did the right choice anyways, I stopped playing already because Ladder is so broken and the game is in dire need of major changes. I will probably keep characters though, but I don’t see myself participating in future Ladder unless real change happens.

1 Like

What happened exactly? Was you close to a TP and he got you that way?

I do think that the hostile sound should be louder, because i’ve almost missed it myself.

Advice, because I am HC too, if someone hostiles you, just Esc and quid immediately, don’t even waste a second on them, they have geared themselves to PK YOU.

A battle you didn’t take part in cannot be lost.

This is the epitome example of bullying and griefance sadly. Blizzard should do something about it.

People just want to chill and play games after work so they get those non-lifers who spend all week doing absolutely nothing but playing the game, probably abusing FGs/$$, probably even using hacks just to get their dosage of dopamine that they so desperately need by making people not able to play and unwind a bit.

This is also why player x command (and ploot) would be great for D2.

1 Like

“I know a game mode works a certain way, and I chose to play it anyway and do something to open myself up to its most infuriating thing. I died because the game worked exactly how I already knew it did, so now I’m furious.”

Cool story :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So you only play games that are absolutely perfect and have no flaws, right?

OP is doing the right thing here, he is asking the developers to fix a clearly broken design. This is how things progress and games get better.

1 Like

No. I just woke up at 4 am, went to the D2 forums, and decided to be an butthead. Nothing more really :smiley:

However, the pk stuff has been around and widely known. So if they are somebody that knew and did it anyway, that’s kind of like sticking your hand in a campfire and getting made at the fire. I don’t intentionally play games or game modes that I know are going to piss me off.

(Edit: If they didn’t know . . . yeah, that sucks and it’s a big reason I don’t play HC.)

Yeah you’re right there, :100:.

I am not denying it. I just believe things can be done about it and those things are within Blizzard’s hands.

There are lots of things I stand behind not changing. This isn’t one of those. I do not believe there is any benefit to the game or community for it. The only reason to do it is to be an xxxxhole and everyone knows it.

The ability to PK could even be kept. All they have to do is add another pvp toggle where both players agree to perma-death pvp (no gold/items/etc drop otherwise). The ability to be a butthead and interfere with a person’s game still exists, but they just can’t walk in and permadeath others.

BUT! This expectation is a lot to ask from a team that won’t so much as fix chat and put a seasonal event in D3 that you can’t even try until 70 and it perma-kills HC characters (and the whole point of the event is surviving waves and getting rewards based on how far you got lol).

2 Likes

Make a solo lobby when you don’t want people to join.
When you hear hostile just quit.

I constantly keep an eye on where players are when they join my game.

If I’m overly worried about a PK I just won’t make a public lobby.

Unfortunate that your hero got wrecked but there are definitely ways to avoid this.

Hardcore might not be for you if you quit after dying… heroes eventually die and you need to learn to take it in stride.

So in soft core, when you hostile, you can’t use waypoints for X time. Did they hostile then find you in the open?

Sucks I know, but you should be able to get out instantly.

I might try hardcore once I make a keyboard macro to instantly leave game (press esc, down, enter, instantly).

Yeah your right. (Though you should substitute the word “being realistic” for “furious”)

I should just spend a few bucks on Uber items, PK as many people as i possibly can and help get the game as empty as pre-patch days. Way to go.

“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently.”

I was just yanking your chain a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve honestly never understood PKing in HC. That’s pretty low to permakill somebody’s character. Especially with all the other easy ways to screw up and die in this game. It’s completely different than messing with people in normal, or ganking in WoW Classic. Taking away hours/days of somebody’s work is about as low as it gets.

I get it :slight_smile:

part of hc is surviving whatever the world throws at you, which can include pvp.
i dont think hostile needs to be removed.

i do agree that TPPK is retarded and projectiles should only be hostile to u if the casting player is hostile at the time of casting. the projectile should not “turn” hostile

also, giving a 3sec delay before the hostile goes in effect is reasonable too

So let’s pretend for a moment you take hostiling away. Now the douche bag i see in my game that constantly spams loaded town portals and tells people its safe is untouchable.

Cry all you want about how some bully picked on you. But that’s the nature of hardcore. Eat or be eaten. It’s what has drawn me to this game. The fact i can strive where people like the OP gives up further shows that
-Dear dev team Don’t fall for this stupidity, hardcore is for the hardcore. We few bath is the tears of many lost souls lost to bubblewrap bummer rail softcore.

PK’ing is an intentional part of this game. You can’t take PK’ing away from D2 without changing the game as a whole. Instead of complaining about the ‘griefers’ you learn to deal with them, you learn not to be the victim and you learn to move on when you are PK’d. This is how 20 years of HC players have done it. You can’t remove the feeling of danger from HC and that includes the feeling that other players are trying to hunt you.

If your leaving because you got PK’d HC is not for you. Also don’t play around the sewers that’s trap #1 for getting PK’d.

1 Like

Yes you can remove PKing and it won’t change the game at all. There still would be PvP but both players have to consent for it. PK is not “intentional” part of D2, it is caused by technical restrictions (much like the current loot system - according to D2 founder himself).

Stop excusing griefing. Find a way to deal with your mental issues without cyber-bullying Internet strangers.

hmmm I wonder if that was ever addressed

“The entire game is set up to kill your player. Every monster, boss, and trap has as it’s only goal the death of your player. The addition of the occaisional anti-social player only adds to the feeling of tension and fear that makes the rewards of success that much better. Remember this: the world of Diablo II is not a safe, warm place. It is a place of great evil, and even greater good.”

I’ll just quote Zax quoting Max Schaefer, if you care you can find Max’s thread in many other places…

PK’ing in this form is intentional…the ‘modern’ gamers out there would be considered way too coddled for games of the D2 era.

2 Likes