Now that Ladder has proven to be a total failure and majority are unhappy

You are funny. You listed everything that would destroy D2. Ladder is awesome.

4 Likes

Said 10% vast minority. More and more people agree with me and we already were the vast majority.

Big evidence is how everyone is frustrated with Ladder, Hardcore is already dead, Classic probably never existed, and Softcore won’t retain any players after two weeks.

Blizzard did big revamps to D3 which resulted in way more sold copies (even though people say it sold out of D2 hype only, lol). Same thing will happen to D2R I guarantee it once they see the stats.

who is you all, there are not many people playing D2R even with the fresh ladder?? A lot of people gave up, D2 is the most influential ARPG of all time and one of the greatest game ever made. However D2R has a lot of problems so many gave up, also the purists will never allow D2R to get with the times so it is very very dead now. Most people playing D2R are the same ones from JSP who been there since 2007 the rest of us have moved on to other games or playing Diablo 2 mods which are far superior to D2R in every way outside of a shiny new coat of paint.

Purists and simple minded people who really love the old school play style will always play, the rest of the world will move on D2R whether you can admit it or not is a repetitive outdated dinosaur it needs to be updated but that will never happen do to the purist community. Long as your having fun just play who cares what other people think, but to sit there and say this game is without flaws and blizzard did not completely destroy this remaster you are living in denial.

2 Likes

Oh how often people tend to forget that D2:R is a remaster of the original. If the game is revamped to “get with the times” as people are saying, then it will become less the original game and more something entirely different.

Of course the vocal new players of the game don’t have a clue, they just want the game to be like other newer ARPGs they’ve played… They don’t know enough about the game to care about how the game has been for all of these years.

If this following statement is true, the purists might be on to something…

Classic gameplay—the same Diablo II you know and love, preserved.

5 Likes

Game already changed though, and it already is not the preserved version of Diablo II. This is debunked.

Once Blizzard see the figures they will go for more major changes, they have done it for all their games. They want this game to succeed as much as us the real fans. Be happy D2:LoD servers are still up for the 10% of you guys.

1 Like

Of course they do that’s why they’re adding new items with each new ladder lol.

Things like hostile being removed just aren’t happening, lol. Ever.

3 Likes

FFVII Remake sold 5 million+ copies.

1 Like

Your ideas are bad and you should feel bad. D2R is a fail partially because they listened to people with ideas similar to you, and mostly because they failed to implement the very basic features which already existed. They kept rate limiting play and went back on every promise while the servers remained pathetically bugged trash. Changed balance in arbitrary ways after promising to hold true to the original. Controller loot vaccuum. Removed EBug. Removed WSG. Super mercs. Dumb new pointless items. F you guys honestly.

2 Likes

They need to just let you guys have a shiny 1.14 and then update the game for everyone else in my eyes, then everyone be happy. Or just let us play mods online but they will not allow that as no one would play BNET at all if they did that

2 Likes

I don’t think d2r to d3 sales is really a fair comparison either. A lot bought d3 off the idea it would be better than d2 without having played it first.
Also d2r is a very old game remaster not a new game. New games usually out sell remasters.
You can compare sales but it’s not always apples to apples

D3 is not diablo in my eyes, path of exile is the spiritual successor to diablo 2 hands down. People just play what they wanna play and be happy, some people want the simple D2 from 20 years ago, others want updates like me. No one will ever be 100% happy so enjoy D2R for what it is or move on, i am tired of being disapointed by blizzard i am done with them personally. Good luck with the ladder!

1 Like

There’s a little problem with the “1.14 for purists” idea though, a lot of those purists have been asking for skill balance changes for quite some time now. The old and now decommissioned :+1:/:-1: forums had people all of the time asking for skill balance changes which a lot of people agreed with. Sure you had your “ultra purists” if you want to call them that all of the time disagreeing saying “nonono the game is perfect like it is”… Which the original game is still up and running for them…

As far as skill balancing, the big ground to stand on for asking for the balance in the first place: what’s the point of having a skill if it’s completely useless? How would something be designated as a “skill” if it’s not effective at anything other than making pretty pixels on the screen? They aren’t birthday party favors, they’re supposed to be able to slay or better aid in the slaying of monsters. Either make the useless skills useful or get rid of them.

They need more balance changes for sure, they also need to look at all the items and update or get rid of them as well.

They also need some new bosses/maps/dungeons of some kind, i also think potions and gems taking up space is ridiculous this day and age make them stack. There are so many ways they could make this game better and make everyone happy. People need to remember that ubers were later added to the game as was Dclone, lets add some more stuff it does not change what diablo 2 is to have some qol changes and some new challenges content that is what i do not understand about “Purists” having stackable potions, currency tab, new content is a good thing if you do not like it dont do it stick with baal over and over. Loot filter is another must in my eyes, i mean the list goes on and on the game was made 20 years ago for crying out loud there is a ton of room for improvement without damaging what diablo 2 is and how it plays. D2R honestly has limitless potential just look how crazy PD2 got over the years, if you were to log into PD2 right now i am certain you would likely see more games and gave an easier time finding runs and that is just sad.

Like i said though people need to play it and enjoy or just move on, at this point its safe to say this is about as good as it gets and the community is way to split to ever satisfy everyone. Sooner then later blizzard will stop making money with D2R and it will be left behind sad reality

2 Likes

Just gave up on Blizzard in relation to classic games, they only play safe not pleasing purists or people who want changes, and we end up with stuff like 2.4 and season of mastery which after a couple weeks go back at being ghost towns.

1 Like

D2R “failure” has everything to do with everything outside of “purists” and everything to do with greed/incompetence.

1 Like

Diablo 3 sold a lot with hype built from D2. Look at the game now, its garbage.

1 Like

Read the post I linked, this is debunked. It sold more after 6 months when all reviews were out. It sold more in year 2 and year 3 too. Logic says you make no sense.

D2R could be great, and people would actually play, and engage in ladder if two things changes.

MF stacked in group play.
Some kind of increase to finding loot; which could be achieved in a number of ways ranging from buffing drop rates to introducing some crafting recipes. Taking the upgrade rare item recipe from the cube in D3 and adding it to D2 would go a long way.

Runewords are generally always better than any unique equivalent, and those few uniques that are better, are extremely rare. Runes themselves, as well, are far too uncommon. The majority of gamers enjoy playing together and enjoy finding loot themselves - not trading for it. However, the rarity of items puts reliance on trading and magic finding only works if you get the killing blow. The most optimized way of playing D2 as is, is split farming and trading - something the majority of gamers don’t do.

2 Likes

who are you speaking for? i don’t know what issues anyone else is having, but aside from my friends schedule being WACK AF, everything is going quite well…

1 Like

The lobby and chat system are objectively awful. That being said, it’s nice the servers were a bit more stable for this launch, and I’m having fun despite Blizzard’s garbage lobby dev team